First team defense (training camp)

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was the same in 2017. Jourdan lewis was actually our best corner in 2017 before byron made the move. But richard only wants corners that are 6'0" so he benched J lew as soon as OTA's started in 2018
I like Louis also. But I don’t know what’s wrong with Chito he’s a good tackler. It’s like he’s just afraid to do his job

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Like what the heck is he afraid of penalties is that the issue. Referee shocked LOL
No. Its a have it thing. Some guys have ball skills some guys don't when the ball is in the air. It's instinctual and I feel is one of those things that can't be taught. Just like turning his head around I just don't think he's comfortable with it. Whether its while running full speed or whatever.

Swagger

Reaction score
You aint schoolin ****. I stated why chido would be better off inside was because of his skill set. Jourdan lewis is a better cover corner than chido. Man or zone lewis is better on the outside. It's all he ever played. And because of trash coaching they moved him inside. Go watch the last 4 games of 2017 and tell me who was the better outside corner going into 2018. He's never had a shot since.

We should have a straw poll on who was taken to school

:flagwave:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What's interesting ......only 2 starting LBers. I know it's way early but still interesting ....

poe starts and griffin starts. Interesting so they like Aldon as a de/dt on passing downs flex? Like it.

Our secondary is still bad. Put Diggs in for Brown and it gets slightly more interesting,

quickccc

Reaction score
You aint schoolin ****. I stated why chido would be better off inside was because of his skill set. Jourdan lewis is a better cover corner than chido. Man or zone lewis is better on the outside. It's all he ever played. And because of trash coaching they moved him inside. Go watch the last 4 games of 2017 and tell me who was the better outside corner going into 2018. He's never had a shot since.

LOL ! ..i get this kind of buzzsaw reaction every time i run into the Jourdan Lewis fan base.
You also stating Chido getting lit up every single game is a way overreaction too.

"Trash coaching " was the engineer for the Legion of Boom, and a reason why Byron Jones
went from average safety to pro bowl CB status and a huge new contract in FA. (highest paid CB i believe now).
Which BTW, there were reports that DC Mike Nolan was interested in Richard returning as DB coach.

And instead of selecting just Jourdan's last four games in 2017, why are you counting the most recent
with him getting extensive playing time with Brown being out to injury and Lewis
" being lit up " by slots like Beasley and washington's steve sims jr. this past year .?

Swagger

Reaction score
LOL ! ..i get this kind of buzzsaw reaction every time i run into the Jourdan Lewis fan base.
You also stating Chido getting lit up every single game is a way overreaction too.

"Trash coaching " was the engineer for the Legion of Boom, and a reason why Byron Jones
went from average safety to pro bowl CB status and a huge new contract in FA. (highest paid CB i believe now).
Which BTW, there were reports that DC Mike Nolan was interested in Richard returning as DB coach.

And instead of selecting just Jourdan's last four games in 2017, why are you counting the most recent
with him getting extensive playing time with Brown being out to injury and Lewis
" being lit up " by slots like Beasley and washington's steve sims jr. this past year .?
Didn't Lewis give up the game losing TD against the Packers as well when he was duped by the same play back to back? I appreciate that was only one TD and it's Aaron Rodgers but still...man up.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Didn't Lewis give up the game losing TD against the Packers as well when he was duped by the same play back to back? I appreciate that was only one TD and it's Aaron Rodgers but still...man up.
Chido had 5 tds against last year lewis had 4

quickccc

Reaction score

in fairness, Lewis did save the 2018 Saints game, with a cliching INT on Drew Brees to seal the upset win for us.
He does have in his ability to come up with those kind of ball hawk INTs, but we cannot have 'give up a ton of plays here for every one INT there. you gotta have a slot guy that can stop the 3rd down chain movers, get the opposition off the field
There's gotta be a level of consistency.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
Why is everyone butt hurt that Crawford is making 8 million? Is it coming out of your pockets? He is a good player that can play multiple positions.....what's with all the hate? I don't get it.
Quite.

The irony is that the same people moaning about Crawford being paid his money support Prescott in his quest for circa $40 million a season.

Go figure!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Facts are facts my guy. I use 2017 because that was when j lew played full time on the outside.

Richard sucks. Killed his confidence and put him in a new spot he never really played even in college.

Quick fyi byron isnt that good his catch rate when targeted was like 40th in the nfl. Along with his 86 passer rating against.

Lewis can play and the previous regime gave him a raw deal because of size not because of ability

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The offense is a 3 WR set base offense so the defense would have to start the slot CB instead of a LB.

Good point. The defense isn't going to have the 4-3 base out there with those three WR on the field. I expect that to be our base offense this year, so we'll see a lot of nickel from other teams as well.

quickccc

Reaction score
Facts are facts my guy. I use 2017 because that was when j lew played full time on the outside.

Richard sucks. Killed his confidence and put him in a new spot he never really played even in college.

Quick fyi byron isnt that good his catch rate when targeted was like 40th in the nfl. Along with his 86 passer rating against.

Lewis can play and the previous regime gave him a raw deal because of size not because of ability

So if Lewis is once again buried at the depth chart, will you claim this current coaching staff as "trash or sucky because
they don't annoint him as a starter or 3rd CB too. ?
For whatever that target rating is supposed to mean, Jones made the pro bowl/All pro, off what Richard transformed him into, whereas
prior he was an average FS.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Quite.

The irony is that the same people moaning about Crawford being paid his money support Prescott in his quest for circa $40 million a season.

Go figure!

yep......and the same morons that don’t care about Crawford are saying stupid things like dak wants 40 million. The irony!!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So if Lewis is once again buried at the depth chart, will you claim this current coaching staff as "trash or sucky because
they don't annoint him as a starter or 3rd CB too. ?
For whatever that target rating is supposed to mean, Jones made the pro bowl/All pro, off what Richard transformed him into, whereas
prior he was an average FS.

2nd team all pro and lets be real hes never been a top 5 corner to me not even top 10.

If he doesnt get any burn here he will leave and then we will really see what we had. Just like chavarious ward.

Beaker42

Reaction score
First thought, where is Poe, but then remembered he is on PUP.
But is about what is expected for day 1. See how long before Diggs takes over for Brown. Then will Brown move to slot over Lewis. I am ok with either on thee actually.

Maybe Hill takes over for Crawford soon. J/K, don't get all us upset. :muttley:
Griffen at RDE, Smith and McCoy at DT’s and Tank at LDE. Poe and T-Craw at DT rotation until Poe is healthy then Poe starts over T-Craw.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Check out these listed 2020 base salaries:

Gerald McCoy - $2.5 million
Dontari Poe - $2 million
Everson Griffen - $3 million
Aldon Smith - $910,000
---------------------------------------
Total - $8.41 million

Tyrone Crawford? $8 million

It's enough to make you sick.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/

Crawford isn't even worth 8 million in Monopoly money......................