First team defense (training camp)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once again Crawford saves the day... ultimate utility Defensive Lineman. Worth every penny of his contract. So happy Cowboys and Crawford know each others worth!!

Is this an intentional effort to stir up an argument?
:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a Swiss army knife, can play all four positions if needed. I think he has great value.

No he can't. Certainly not well.

1T? Not a chance.

RDE? Let me know exactly how many sacks he's gotten from the position over the past 3 years.

Maybe he could spell Lawrence at LDE, but the fact is that we've never even seen that.

What you actually have is a rotational backup defensive tackle.

For $9.1 million. As much as McCoy, Poe, Griffen, and Smith are costing in base salary COMBINED this year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's making as much as the other defensive linemen they signed COMBINED. To be a backup. Ask yourself if you love that?
He's been here for years and earned it. Those guys are one year rentals on the downside of their careers. I don't care what he gets paid, that's Jerry's problem. He may be a backup now, but in a line like this, those fat boys will need rest and he can easily play 1 or 3 tech in passing situations.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's making as much as the other defensive linemen they signed COMBINED. To be a backup. Ask yourself if you love that?
I just think he’s a solid run stopper. Is that a good enough reason for a player to be on the team. We do need rotation

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
First thought, where is Poe, but then remembered he is on PUP.
But is about what is expected for day 1. See how long before Diggs takes over for Brown. Then will Brown move to slot over Lewis. I am ok with either on thee actually.

Maybe Hill takes over for Crawford soon. J/K, don't get all upset. :muttley:
There is so much versatility in this secondary now that I would imagine even the couches are speculating.
Looks like Diggs is competing immediately with Brown, but Worley is there as well.
Would love to see Robinson flash a little here soon.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Gotta believe griffin knocks out smith

It would be a miracle for Smith to *already* compete at Griffen's level of play from last year.

Not that I'm against that, mind you, but Griffen has got to be the presumed starter unless there is some very bad news about him that we don't know about.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Because it IS "much". Far too "much". As the list illustrates. It's sickeningly "much".

But double hip surgery can? The guy that missed most of last season is who you "trust"?

Crawford said back in December or so that he would take a pay cut. He's not getting 8mil. That's not gonna happen. He'll he at 4 or 5. Maybe less. And maybe half as game day roster bonus.

I think they haven't gotten around to making it official, and giving him a new contract, because they want to see that he can actually still play, after having to punt on last season for *chronic* hip issues. Don't want to give him some gtd money only to have him not be fit to play.

Knowing about the hip issues, the team should have just cut him last year. I know you don't think so, but 7mil for Crawford projected to be healthy wouldn't have been horrible to me. But 7mil with hip issues should have been a no. Convert 4mil to roster bonus or get out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's been here for years and earned it.

He's NEVER "earned it". Not from day one.

Those guys are one year rentals on the downside of their careers.

And double hip surgery isn't?

I don't care what he gets paid, that's Jerry's problem.

Willful ignorance.

He may be a backup now, but in a line like this, those fat boys will need rest and he can easily play 1 or 3 tech in passing situations.

Backup player.

Who should be paid accordingly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford said back in December or so that he would take a pay cut. He's not getting 8mil. That's not gonna happen. He'll he at 4 or 5. Maybe less. And maybe half as game day roster bonus.

I keep hearing that claim. And yet here we are today? And he's grossly overpaid even at 4 or 5.

I think they haven't gotten around to making it official, and giving him a new contract, because they want to see that he can actually still play, after having to punt on last season for *chronic* hip issues. Don't want to give him some gtd money only to have him not be fit to play.

Like they would if he were to get injured during practice?

Knowing about the hip issues, the team should have just cut him last year.

Absolutely. Every sign and opportunity was there. And they ignored it and wasted $10 million of cap space.

I know you don't think so, but 7mil for Crawford projected to be healthy wouldn't have been horrible to me. But 7mil with hip issues should have been a no. Convert 4mil to roster bonus or get out.

$2 million is more than a backup player in his role deserves. Especially when compared to far better, more proven, and decorated players making what they're playing for in Dallas.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Stash really hates him. I think he’s a decent run stopper. It was the best we had For a while
Just because we are forced to play players on this team doesn't actually make them good. He would be buried in rotation on any other team in the league. Def wouldnt be starting

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's NEVER "earned it". Not from day one.

And double hip surgery isn't?

Willful ignorance.

Backup player.

Who should be paid accordingly.
Lol!!! You're funny. Taking this so serious. Willful ignorance is right, why get worked up over something that you have no control of?? Lol!!!

I'll trust what Jerry and son are doing, if they haven't cut him or asked him to take a pay cut, they must know something. Or, maybe they were waiting to cut him so that they don't have to give an injury settlement. Either way, I'm sure they know a little bit more than most keyboard GMs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol!!! You're funny. Taking this so serious. Willful ignorance is right, why get worked up over something that you have no control of?? Lol!!!

Lol!!!! You're funny too. Maybe Yiu should stop talking about the Cowboys altogether? After all, by your own standards, you don't need to "get worked up over something you have no control of?? Lol!!!"

I'll trust what Jerry and son are doing, if they haven't cut him or asked him to take a pay cut, they must know something. Or, maybe they were waiting to cut him so that they don't have to give an injury settlement. Either way, I'm sure they know a little bit more than most keyboard GMs.

You go right ahead and check your brain at the door. That same decisionmaking on Crawford sure worked out great last year, didn't it?

Derp.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because we are forced to play players on this team doesn't actually make them good. He would be buried in rotation on any other team in the league. Def wouldnt be starting

The truth is that he would be lucky to even land a job with another team if he were released. Double hip surgery? Yeah, teams would be lining up for that...
:facepalm:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol!!!! You're funny too. Maybe Yiu should stop talking about the Cowboys altogether? After all, by your own standards, you don't need to "get worked up over something you have no control of?? Lol!!!"

You go right ahead and check your brain at the door. That same decisionmaking on Crawford sure worked out great last year, didn't it?

Derp.
Derp?? What the heck is that? Is that like me calling you twerp?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Derp?? What the heck is that? Is that like me calling you twerp?

derp
/dərp/

INFORMAL
exclamation
  1. used as a substitute for speech regarded as meaningless or stupid, or to comment on a foolish or stupid action.
noun
  1. foolishness or stupidity.
In other words, your uninformed post.