Video: Fish: “Cowboys Talking to KJ Wright”

CWR

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with that, but you don’t intentionally sit them either. It’s not like LVE has played poorly, but that he’s been hurt.

LVE is tough for me to understand. He and Jaylon for that matter were lights out in 2018. He hasn't been special since then IMO. He was popping off the screen his rookie year. Maybe we can salvage them with a new scheme and better line play?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Oh I know it's all relative, and not saying I'd be any different, but spare me the "I have a family to provide for"?
Says the guy who's been paid $45 million dollars to play a game.

Spare me the crying about having to provide for a family...

Would you rather he say straight up, "I want to be paid market rate for my recent performance?" Do any of us say that outright when looking for a job or do we say we want to be part of a great team (that pays us well)? Different strokes for different folks. Market Rate 'Merica, they call it.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Best we can hope for is that the surgery took care of a lingering neck problem. Not that that's a great hope, but come on, I bought a Vanderesch jersey a couple of years ago, it's hardly broken in.

:(
You and me both. First jersey I had gotten since Romo's 4th year. I've never been a big Jersey guy.

Aikman
Emmitt
Roy Williams (the biscuit eating Roy)
Romo
LVE

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE is tough for me to understand. He and Jaylon for that matter were lights out in 2018. He hasn't been special since then IMO. He was popping off the screen his rookie year. Maybe we can salvage them with a new scheme and better line play?

Thats what I’m hoping. That the whole Nolan fiasco was terrible for everybody. That and that LVE can stay healthy. One more significant injury and I’m ready to move on for good.

Reactions: CWR

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That would make perfect sense.

Reactions: CWR

Gaede

Reaction score
Fish is very clever (not really) at writing headlines and tweets that say nothing but are timely enough to get clicks.

He does this every year. Cowboys are open to...Cowboys are interested in...Cowboys are exploring...etc. You could insert any name in that template and bam, you've got a 'story'

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Just because the team MAKES a decision doesn’t make it the RIGHT one. Look no further than Jaylon’s contract extension.
I never said it was the right decision. That's not for me to decide, I'm just a fan. But clearly the organization thinks he's the better player. They extended Jaylon and have yet to pick up LVE's option or talk about an extension with him. As a fan, I hope that LVE stays healthy and that Jaylon can live up to his contract. That would be a good thing for the Cowboys. But I don't think that both of those scenarios are likely to happen.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I hope so. But Fish also mentioned discussions about Jarran Reed and clearly nothing came of that claim.

Yea fish always seems really sure and then.....it never happens. He is definitely someone I’d take with a grain of salt but broaddus semi confirmed it also in a tweet. I haven’t seen Patrik Walker mention it at all and he’s been pretty good this offseason.

again, the cowboys always “have interest” and the players wanna play here but the question remains are the cowboys serious and willing to offer a real deal.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Thats what I’m hoping. That the whole Nolan fiasco was terrible for everybody. That and that LVE can stay healthy. One more significant injury and I’m ready to move on for good.
The whole Nolan fiasco would make it hard for any GM to know what to do, much less Jerry!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said it was the right decision. That's not for me to decide, I'm just a fan. But clearly the organization thinks he's the better player. They extended Jaylon and have yet to pick up LVE's option or talk about an extension with him. As a fan, I hope that LVE stays healthy and that Jaylon can live up to his contract. That would be a good thing for the Cowboys. But I don't think that both of those scenarios are likely to happen.

We certainly agree on that!
:thumbup:

CWR

Reaction score
You and me both. First jersey I had gotten since Romo's 4th year. I've never been a big Jersey guy.

Aikman
Emmitt
Roy Williams (the biscuit eating Roy)
Romo
LVE

You really do have to be careful which jersey you purchase these days. I have an old MB3 jersey myself. Lol Man that guy was fun to watch for a very brief period.