Fish: Farley believed 1 defender on DC board

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
lol true. TO ME, Surtain is very low maintenance..ready to roll day 1..He is THAT good right now and will get better. IMO hes a poor mans Darrelle Revis. He knows how to use great technique and isnt afraid to be physical.Has a Jaylon Ramsey body and is already better than him IMO..tho they play 2 different positions. You draft Farley you gotta understand what your getting...your getting a slot guy in year 1...he wont be asked to cover the wr 1 of any team very much. He has huge upside and is a bit raw right now. His main issue is health. Can he remain available on game days and stay off the training table? If the answer is yes, he will be a stud..Surtain is better right now.Gimme him.

he checks all the boxes!
Injury history... ☑️
Flashy... ☑️
Position of need.. ☑️

Croomraider

Reaction score
Good Stuff! I think Farley will be a good player, just wish he'd played last season to gauge better.
That season off while Surtain won the championship and played at an extremely high level against NFL
talent. He will be the first corner off the board.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Farleys ACL and the fact he sat out last year doesnt bother you? If I'm investing a premium pick on a player at 10, NO Way am I taking a guy coming off of a Blown ACL and then missed all of 2020. We have a very small sample size of work/tape on him. To contrast that, Patrick Surtain played through injuries' and never missed a game.He shut down elite wr's week in week out for several years.I could care less about his speed. His excellent fb IQ and instincts make up for that and then some. He is elite. He will step in day 1 and be our best DB. ALL PRO. Do you trust Farley to stay healthy and available? Its a good honest question. Gimme the guy who stays off the training table anyday.
Farley's acl was his first year, he came back in 2019 and had a great season after the injury.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
With the supplemental draft picks they have, I think it would be worth it to jump Denver to get him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
lol true. TO ME, Surtain is very low maintenance..ready to roll day 1..He is THAT good right now and will get better. IMO hes a poor mans Darrelle Revis. He knows how to use great technique and isnt afraid to be physical.Has a Jaylon Ramsey body and is already better than him IMO..tho they play 2 different positions. You draft Farley you gotta understand what your getting...your getting a slot guy in year 1...he wont be asked to cover the wr 1 of any team very much. He has huge upside and is a bit raw right now. His main issue is health. Can he remain available on game days and stay off the training table? If the answer is yes, he will be a stud..Surtain is better right now.Gimme him.
Poor man's Revis, already better than Ramsey? Farley slot only? Unbelievable how you are overrating Surtain. If he's such a can't miss #1 CB, why isn't he considered a top 5 prospect? Surtain is a solid player, but he will never become a Revis/Ramsey at the position.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Poor man's Revis, already better than Ramsey? Farley slot only? Unbelievable how you are overrating Surtain. If he's such a can't miss #1 CB, why isn't he considered a top 5 prospect? Surtain is a solid player, but he will never become a Revis/Ramsey at the position.
:laugh::laugh::facepalm:over rating him? You gotta be kidding. Look at his body of work. Look at the level of wr he faced. He shuts down his side of the field time and time again. Call that over rated if you want..thats fine, but in the NFL, a guy like that is very desired and harder to find. Farley doesnt do that. Not that he isnt capable.

J-man

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked at all. Farley is very good, he fills a huge need for the team and his value is worthy of the #10 pick.
Slater could absolutely be in the mix, as could Parsons. A trade down could also emerge as a great option.

But, I will say that if it comes down to choosing between the 2 CB's at 10, I think free agency will be a major factor in the decision.
If they sign a legit starter pre-draft, than I think the pick will be Farley because IMHO, although he may need some time to adjust/acclimate to the NFL, he is more physically gifted and has more upside to be great.
But, if the best they can do is to say only resign Chido, I think the pick will be Surtain, because he is more NFL ready to start day 1.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
:laugh::laugh::facepalm:over rating him? You gotta be kidding. Look at his body of work. Look at the level of wr he faced. He shuts down his side of the field time and time again. Call that over rated if you want..thats fine, but in the NFL, a guy like that is very desired and harder to find. Farley doesnt do that. Not that he isnt capable.
If he so good, why is there zero talk of him being a top 5 player? Comparing him to Ramsey/Revis is laughable.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If he so good, why is there zero talk of him being a top 5 player? Comparing him to Ramsey/Revis is laughable.
but they are talking about him in top 5. Same with Farley. Don't take my opinion personal man. Im just throwing my 411 out there like everyone else. Bryan Broaddus compares Surtain and FARLEY to ice cream flavors..and its a good comp...which flavor ya want, Vanilla or something more interesting? Right now truthfully, I really dont care which guy we get. EITHER is a massive upgrade day 1. But Surtain would make me feel better about the pick because of his high quality production on the field and level of competition he faced weekly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
a great comp..maybe much more accurate for Surtain would be Aquib Talib. Very similar style player. Farley is more like the honey badger at cb. Has a nose for the takeaways and relies more on his catch up speed. Like I said, I would be fine with either.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

You must have been doing a lot reading of others’ opinions to formulate such a strong take, lol.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
a great comp..maybe much more accurate for Surtain would be Aquib Talib. Very similar style player. Farley is more like the honey badger at cb. Has a nose for the takeaways and relies more on his catch up speed. Like I said, I would be fine with either.

I see a lot of Nnamdi Asumuogha. And yes, before Nnamdi flamed out in Philly he was a very good corner for the Raiders.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How many interceptions did he have in college? Because if it's not a lot, he's probably gonna suck like Ramsey was supposed to suck.
we need a ball hawk..Farley is more in line with that. Surtain is more like Byron Jones but with huge FB instincts. I wouldnt call him a ball hawk. Both are solid though.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
How many interceptions did he have in college? Because if it's not a lot, he's probably gonna suck like Ramsey was supposed to suck.

Seriously.

If it wasn’t against forum rules it would be awesome to dig up those threads and see all the geniuses pontificate on how Ramsey was supposedly just a safety with no ball skills or future at corner.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Seriously.

If it wasn’t against forum rules it would be awesome to dig up those threads and see all the geniuses pontificate on how Ramsey was supposedly just a safety with no ball skills or future at corner.
Ramsey is a tremendous athlete. But there was certainly some questions about his balls skills and ability to stick at corner.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ramsey is a tremendous athlete. But there was certainly some questions about his balls skills and ability to stick at corner.

Only by fools. People on this board claimed he couldn't be a good CB because he didn't have interceptions in college. The stupidity in that kind of logic was breathtaking. It also largely came from people who were obsessed with taking Elliott. So while propping up Elliott, they tore into Ramsey because, hey, he didn't have interceptions in college.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Farley is the top corner on my board, love for him to be there at ten but I think Denver selects him right before Dallas and they have to settle for Surtain or move back a few spots and grab Horn

Any of the 3 project to better than what we have now.

Not gonna stress over maybe not getting who turns out to be the absolute best corner in the draft, just GET ONE....

Cowboyny

Reaction score
but they are talking about him in top 5. Same with Farley. Don't take my opinion personal man. Im just throwing my 411 out there like everyone else. Bryan Broaddus compares Surtain and FARLEY to ice cream flavors..and its a good comp...which flavor ya want, Vanilla or something more interesting? Right now truthfully, I really dont care which guy we get. EITHER is a massive upgrade day 1. But Surtain would make me feel better about the pick because of his high quality production on the field and level of competition he faced weekly.
Nobody is talking about either in the top 5. Both players are fringe top 10 prospects. After they workout, Farley is expected to separate from the group. Not saying Surtain is a bad player, but has physical limitations that will prevent him from becoming an elite corner on the next level.