Fish: Farley believed 1 defender on DC board

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I have suspicion that they’re in love with the ND LB. He’s everything they wanted Jaylon to be. The size shouldn’t scare anyone he’s exactly the same as Devin White. He’s a sideline to sideline stud and this defense desperately needs someone like him.

Gaede

Reaction score
Only by fools. People on this board claimed he couldn't be a good CB because he didn't have interceptions in college. The stupidity in that kind of logic was breathtaking. It also largely came from people who were obsessed with taking Elliott. So while propping up Elliott, they tore into Ramsey because, hey, he didn't have interceptions in college.
:confused::(

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I have suspicion that they’re in love with the ND LB. He’s everything they wanted Jaylon to be. The size shouldn’t scare anyone he’s exactly the same as Devin White. He’s a sideline to sideline stud and this defense desperately needs someone like him.

That's who I want if Pitts, Sewell, and Slater are gone. He's honestly fast enough that you could stay in base depending on MATCH UP. Plus I think there will still be some really good CBS in the 2nd round.

garyv

Reaction score
If Dallas had to choose today, he believes their top CB and indeed top defender is Caleb Farley.

He cites Farley's speed and length and Diggs' lack of burner speed as big reasons why.

What about his Dad being an issue per Broddus mentioning Scouts concerns

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fish report: Exclusive! Exclusive! Dallas may use a draft pick on a player that may or may not play on defense, or offense, or special teams.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He seems to be sliding down several analysts boards so it would make sense Cowboys would be latched on. :(

FWIW - there seems to be consensus about the player. He will either be a superstar or he could completely bust. Physical gifts are there but lots of unknowns (such as lack of experience). I would rather take the safer player at 10. Now if you move back and he slides, it more justifies the risk.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I have suspicion that they’re in love with the ND LB.
I think he is an intriguing player and if you could slide down to say (17 - 20) and still get him, that would be a great start to your draft when coupled with your additional pick for sliding down.
Of course all of this is assuming you have a coaching staff who could utilize him correctly .... so he would probably bust in our world.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If the injury history is clean, and there isn’t a blinking light player on offense available Farley and Parsons are my top targets.

Id be perfectly fine with Farley at 10. I’m a VT fan and the kid is a monster.

ultron

Reaction score
Farley is the top corner on my board, love for him to be there at ten but I think Denver selects him right before Dallas and they have to settle for Surtain or move back a few spots and grab Horn

If Surtain is the consolation prize, I’m good with that. At least the kid had the heart to play in 2020

garyv

Reaction score
Has there ever been an nfl player that had a "daddy" get in the way? Some of these scouts are gossip queens.

They talked about LaVar Ball the daddy with the sons who play in the NBA some comparison

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Farley is not a solid tackler. He also played against inferior talent compared to Surtain III.

Frankly, I have looked at quite a few drafts and there is a growing consensus Pitts drops to 10. Some say Dallas passes, Others don't.

My belief is it comes down to three players.

Slater - the reup of Smith perhaps dismisses this idea. Although Slater can play guard, and that is intriguing.
Surtain III - his foot speed is still a mystery. But he seems to latch onto the receiver and follow him all over the field.
Pitts - If this kid falls to Dallas (I think Philly will take him) this is the pick.

Reasoning:

Pitts is a premiere player at a position which challenges the linebackers and safeties. I'm not certain they can handle him.
There will still be 10 draft picks to be used on defense.
Dallas has freed up enough money to sign a couple of defenders in FA.

Just my opinion.

Actually read a tweet suggesting Pitts may not get pass the Falcons @ 4 and certainly not the Eagles.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Farley has had ACL surgery and back surgery. Considering this team’s luck with drafting players like this I would proceed with caution. The talent is evident but......

i wouldn’t want a player that is great on the field, but is often hurt and thus not on the field. He would be off my board.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
If they take a cb in the top 10, the dude better be like Deion Sanders. Parsons is top of my defense needs, but that makes me think the pick is offense.

Aven8

Reaction score
Imagine that McClay enamored with a project corner. He loves these types........:rolleyes:

fansince68

Reaction score
Dudes want to resign the human first down machine Chido. If hes in man with no help its a completion lol
Atleast get a guy with the balls to challenge receivers
He He " human first down machine"....now that's funny.....