Fish: Hopkins definitely an option for Cowboys

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You can’t pass on a top 15 receiver in the NFL if you can sign him for a big 1 year deal. No team that is in the top 10 in the NFL can pay Hopkins like the Cowboys can. The Cowboys literally can have the best receivers in the league if they sign DHop. As long as the offensive line holds up.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Serious question: when is the last time Mike Fisher broke an actual Cowboys news story?

I’m not talking about curating a bunch of Bleacher Report blog posts as “exclusive rumors” or whatever. I’m talking about practicing actual sports journalism rather than social media and SEO hacking.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Hopkins listed the QB's he would like to catch balls from.

Dak wasn't on the list.

Sorry.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Signing another wide receiver to a supposedly run based offense is probably not the best idea. Which one is gonna be happy not getting as many touches as they think they should. Which ones will be in Daks face screaming I'm open? Which ones will be happy running clearing routes all day with no touches?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Fisher talks about Hopkins because he knows a large chunk of the Dallas fan base is wanting Hop on the Cowboys. He 100% does that for clicks.

I haven’t clicked on that link but it is likely that he doesn’t have anything new to tell us. No “inside info” from someone with the team. Nothing that hasn’t already been written by other media members. He actually uses other articles as the source for his information, which of course, anyone can do. In fact, when someone makes a thread here at CZ, they are doing the same thing. Being “at the Star in Frisco” doesn’t make that any more new news or inside info than it does for anyone else in the world. Yet he tries to make out like it is. He always puts “at the Star” out in your face, and uses phrases like “exclusive” that tend to make you think that what he’s saying is some kind of privy information that he has some how uncovered. It isn’t.

And really, my issue with Fisher is that he tries to act like a lot that he talks or writes about is some inside story or from a source with the team. It never is.

I used to read (and watch) his stuff sometimes, but he never told me anything that I didn’t already know. Didn’t have someone with the team that was feeding him anything, and basically was simply rehashing things that had already been talked about in a thread here at CZ.

And that is fine… but it isn’t going to get me to read or watch anything he does because it is almost never anything more than what I already know.

Even then, I might read or watch some of his stuff if he didn’t try to make it sound like it was something you couldn’t read anywhere on the internet. But he does. He uses words that try to make the viewers/readers thing what he’s saying is “from the Star in Frisco”, when it has already been talked about on message boards all over.

Couple all of that with him trying so hard to get clicks and viewers (which is very obvious), and it is a really bad look… which is why so many here have a problem with him

Oh, and what makes it worse is that he used to try to charge viewers for that every day information by putting that stuff behind a paywall. Many here will remember he did that. Imagine reading stuff here and then paying money to hear the same thing from Fisher.

At least he has realized that he can get his money for clicks and stopped charging people for it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Where is the link for 2023?
I have no idea where the link is from 2023, but someone posted his comments after the season and he was continuing to say Zeke wasn’t done in Dallas.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Fish is challenging Jerry here to back up his statement that he'd write a check larger than you can imagine to win a Super Bowl.

Here's your opportunity. Do it.

The 49ers are requesting that you don't.
Friggin spot on. We still have a shytty qb who can’t read coloring books let alone defenses, but Nuke might be able to bail him out a few times.

Jarntt

Reaction score
So when we are in 3 WR sets, which will be most of the time, which of our $10M WRs is on the sideline and when we are in 2 WR sets which two? I get that people are blinded by stars, but It’s just dumb from a cap perspective. So many other positions can use a starter level player that would have a bigger impact on this team If we want to throw around $10M per year plus contracts.

Jarntt

Reaction score
If they did this, they bury Tolbert and will never see what he is. Unless you plan to package Gallup and a draft pick for Quenin Williams or something afterward, I don’t really get the move.
My gut tells me Tolbert does that all by himself…

agree with your second point

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Serious question: when is the last time Mike Fisher broke an actual Cowboys news story?

I’m not talking about curating a bunch of Bleacher Report blog posts as “exclusive rumors” or whatever. I’m talking about practicing actual sports journalism rather than social media and SEO hacking.
Answer—never.