Fish: Hopkins definitely an option for Cowboys

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You’ve gotta give Dak as many weapons as possible. He needs them.
There are only so many passes to go around. Don't really want 4 receivers catching 50 passes each, though sometimes that works.
And that's leaving both tight ends and Pollard out of the mix.

Sort of like having two top dog running backs, neither turn out to be that great. Cowboys tried Walker and Dorsett together, didn't work well at all.
Lamb's your no. 1 receiver, if you put Hopkins as no. 2 then Cooks was a wasted signing and Gallup's getting paid $6 million to be a backup.

Besides, Hopkins 30 years old, that's the magic age for skill players to start dropping off on their performance. Now if he'd sign for a couple million or so, sure, nice to have a prior All Pro receiver for a backup/part time player, but otherwise, for me, no....

quickccc

Reaction score
Fish: Rain, sunshine, or clouds "definitely an option" for today's weather, a source said.
He's a shock jock. ..always take him with a grain of salt. more like entertainment on the side.

He just throws darts in the dark to see what sticks. .. :thumbdown:

quickccc

Reaction score
Hopkins Not an option now, imo .

Cowboys already invested in their top 3 WRs ..Lamb, Cooks and Gallup.

The Cooks trade changed that scenario. .

.Cardinals should have cut him before the draft, and at FA period

T-RO

Reaction score
There are only so many passes to go around. Don't really want 4 receivers catching 50 passes each
On most downs you've got 3 WR out there on the field. And most of the time somebody is battling a bad ankle or some other injury.

I'm huge believer in loading up w/4 good WR. The game is all about weapons.

That said, there are other issues at play here:
-We gotta fill out our ST roster
-D-Hop hasn't really played in two years and isn't a young guy
-There will absolutely be a feeding frenzy, so over-paying will be the only way to land him

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Fish is challenging Jerry here to back up his statement that he'd write a check larger than you can imagine to win a Super Bowl.

Here's your opportunity. Do it.

The 49ers are requesting that you don't.
What I don't get is if there's ANY GM in the league that could go all-in without fear of it backfiring, it's Jerry. This is probably the best team he'll have before he dies.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
For those who are hoping Hopkins ends up with the Cowboys at least Fish isn’t predicting he will, or it definitely wouldn’t happen. Fish is still licking his wounds after predicting Zeke wouldn’t be released. Lol
Please link me to the video of Fish saying Zeke wasnt going to be released. I watch him eery day and he basically said it was a done deal a year ago... the Zeke was out the door. This wasnt news as most of us predicted that he was gone this off season when he signed the deal he signed... but Ill wait for that Fish link.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
In a training camp video that was posted on this board Fish refuted the claims that the 2022 season would be Zeke’s last season with the Cowboys. He continued to predict he wouldn’t be cut a couple of weeks before he was cut. I had saved the video link claiming Fish would be wrong because America’s Cowboy wanted to see who would end up right. After I was right, I sent him the link. Unfortunately I’ve since deleted the link but if you don’t believe me ask America’s Cowboy.
BS

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I get adding more talent. But Cooks and Hopkins both have to be selfless. Lamb will get 1,200. Only one other player is capable of 1,000 yards. So one of the two sacrifices stats for a better shot at a trophy...

When was the last time a team's 1, 2, and 3 broke a 1,000 yard season?

I don't remember.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I have no idea where the link is from 2023, but someone posted his comments after the season and he was continuing to say Zeke wasn’t done in Dallas.
BS he was saying all along Zeke was gone. I watch him everyday. Some of you just make crap up. You said there was a video... so where is it?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Because the Cowboys brand is one of the best brands on the planet. Nearly impossible to fail when doing anything related to the brand.
ahh.....ok, well why dont you start up a site and use that info since it is so hard to fail. I mean, there has to be big dollars in the Cowboys brand, no?
He broke exactly zero about any of them.

As technology (and time) has advanced, he has become even more irrelevant.

He is an info predator who stalks poor old Cowboys fans that believe he has the scoop.
you are nuts... he says hey, if you enjoy this show watch. If you dont, dont watch. Its that simple. Nothing more, nothing less. Some of you are just miserable f that arent happy unless you are bashing someone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Please link me to the video of Fish saying Zeke wasnt going to be released. I watch him eery day and he basically said it was a done deal a year ago... the Zeke was out the door. This wasnt news as most of us predicted that he was gone this off season when he signed the deal he signed... but I’ll wait for that Fish link.
You want the link here it is! :thumbup: Don’t read what the OP posted he got it wrong, watch the video. It’s at the 2:37 mark when he starts talking about Zeke.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/fish-checks-in-training-camp-2022.497811/

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score