Fish: Tyron Smith projected to the Jets

khiladi

Reaction score
Because using the 10th pick on a LT is a waste of the 10th pick.

LTs don’t win Super Bowls. We’ve had three 1st team All-Pro linemen in the same year twice in the last 8 years and can’t win a wild card game with it.

You can usually always pencil us in for 2 every year (Martin and Smith) and it leads to nothing.

If you’re picking in the top 10 you go DT, QB, WR, LB or CB. Anything else is a waste of the pick.
That’s because the QB sucked.. When Flozell went down in 2005 or 2006 under Parcells, the OL ended up giving up over 40 sacks that year in like a 10 game stretch.

khiladi

Reaction score
Some of you guys are weird. I hope he goes to another team and loses. Ware gets congratulations in hindsight of the cowboys failure to win that superbowl. If you wanted Ware to go win another superbowl with another team, you are weird
Watching Ware beast in the play-offs alongside Miller fir Denver, was a thing of beauty.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Tyron Smith but he needs to go. This team will be capstrapped and rolling the dice that he’s not going to miss half the season is fool’s gold. This FO never learns that it is better to part ways with someone early than too late.

Tyron Smith has been a warrior and a possible HOF talent. But his injury risks and history is just not worth it anymore. There’s lots of young talent in the draft.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He'd be like 6 mil a year.
According to Spotrac, Dallas 2024 cap is at negative $21.9 million

They have to be under the cap by March I believe.

That's with the 10 million rollover from 2023.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That’s because the QB sucked.. When Flozell went down in 2005 or 2006 under Parcells, the OL ended up giving up over 40 sacks that year in like a 10 game stretch.
Cooper Rush wins games with Tyron Smith and Zack Martin in street clothes and he sucks.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's Fish......but honestly, this isn't a reach but if you are the Jets, why not use the 10th pick on LT

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...llas-cowboys-aaron-rodgers-retire-free-agency

Tyron Smith Signing with Aaron Rodgers' Jets Projected; Would Cowboys Icon Rather Retire?​

Tyron Smith Signing with Aaron Rodgers' New York Jets Projected; Would Dallas Cowboys Icon Rather Retire?

Fisher was saying it’s a possibility and he was referencing this article from Richie Whitt on why it makes sense. He wasn’t saying it’s happening.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ne...-draft-free-agency-dallas-cowboys-tyron-smith

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Hmmm… I believe Tyron has made it clear he’d retire before going to another team. Think he’ll be a priority resign and the epitome of what is meant by going all in. Especially when he’s been willing to play well below his market value for years!
$$$ talks though.

And that girl of his will make him play.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Some of you guys are weird. I hope he goes to another team and loses. Ware gets congratulations in hindsight of the cowboys failure to win that superbowl. If you wanted Ware to go win another superbowl with another team, you are weird
Another superfan heard from. It's pretty clear what the context of wishing a player success who represented the Cowboys well means. The Cowboys ain't winning any Bardis anytime soon no matter how much one hopes for it. Might as well see a likeable player have his moment elsewhere.

I don't know why anyone is surprised, or critical, of current fan perception to this circus in Dallas. It's well earned and deserved.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Tyron Smith needs to project to R & R and a walking regime to save his back from having to need a spinal fusion before he ends up like Hulk Hogan or Phil Collins (rich and in pain).

DenCWBY

Reaction score
You have no idea what you’re talking about. Do you even watch the games?
Sorry I hurt your feelings. TS has been a class act throughout his tenure here. The good- He's worked hard throughout and deserves what he's paid and the all pro accolades. The bad - He's beat up and older for his position and not as effective as he was 8-10 years ago. He's physically unreliable and has become a question mark each Sunday. He gets beat more often against younger faster DE's so he's slipping and using his hands and jumping snap counts to compensate. He's a great guy who probably just wants a SB ring to end his career like Ware did. Let him go to a team that has a serious football FO/Organization where he can finish with a potential SB ring. If it works out, we may get a compensatory pick for his departure. Just saying.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Can we all agree that the Dallas Cowboys have too many holes to ever contend for a title?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's Fish......but honestly, this isn't a reach but if you are the Jets, why not use the 10th pick on LT

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...llas-cowboys-aaron-rodgers-retire-free-agency

Tyron Smith Signing with Aaron Rodgers' Jets Projected; Would Cowboys Icon Rather Retire?​

Tyron Smith Signing with Aaron Rodgers' New York Jets Projected; Would Dallas Cowboys Icon Rather Retire?

I remember a few years ago Broaddus said Tyron would rather retire then go to another organization when whispers of a possible trade started with the talking heads. I guess money talks but I will believe it when I see it concerning Tyron leaving this organization.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
They'll get 3-4 games of Hall of Fame production. That's a better deal than they got with Rodgers.

Nah, he was the ultimate professional in every way. So is Tyron. I wish him well.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
And we have fans that also want to dump Martin.

I have no issues with Biadasz walking. We could absolutely use an upgrade there and there are 3-4 center candidates we could look at in the draft - Barton, JPJ, Frazier, Van Pran.
hes a Pro Bowl center.

Best center in college that year. Rimington Trophy.

And we got him for a 4th round pick.

So he should be easy to replace.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Sorry I hurt your feelings. TS has been a class act throughout his tenure here. The good- He's worked hard throughout and deserves what he's paid and the all pro accolades. The bad - He's beat up and older for his position and not as effective as he was 8-10 years ago. He's physically unreliable and has become a question mark each Sunday. He gets beat more often against younger faster DE's so he's slipping and using his hands and jumping snap counts to compensate. He's a great guy who probably just wants a SB ring to end his career like Ware did. Let him go to a team that has a serious football FO/Organization where he can finish with a potential SB ring. If it works out, we may get a compensatory pick for his departure. Just saying.
Again, you’re not watching the games.

He was our best lineman last year. Better than Tyler or Zack.

You didn’t hurt my feelings.

You just posted factually incorrect information.

Top 5 penalized (enforced)

Tyler - 10
S Williams - 7
Kearse - 6
Steele - 6
Micah - 6

Got to go all the way down to 12 where you find Tyron with 3

As far as getting beat

Sacks allowed
Steele - 8
Zack - 4
Biadasz - 3
Tyler - 1
Tyron - 1

So, you are simply wrong. I don’t know where you get your information but it is wrong.