Twitter: Fisher: Cowboys to attempt two tier two signings this week

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think this board's idea of success is a little skewed. 97% of NFL teams don't win the Super Bowl in a given year, and about 80% don't win a playoff game, so if you want to call the Cowboys failures, then you're calling nearly the entire NFL failures as well.

I am not talking about a single season, I am talking about a full body of work.

Here is a another fact...........

Of all the NFL head coaches employed as long Garrett, only him and Marvin Lewis have failed to reach the SB............everybody else fired.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans are tired of losing Idgit, its as simple as that. Going 13-3 and then not even winning a single playoff game, is a failed season Idgit. Just because you don't mind it, doesn't mean 99% of everybody else doesn't. The playoffs is what winning is about, that is the history of this great franchise.

Maybe that is why you and a couple of other posters think Garrett is still a good head coach despite just a single playoff win in his entire coaching career, because you don't view the playoffs as the measuring stick even though 99% of other Cowboy fans do.

And even you Idgit, point to the defense and say "its not good enough" and then the team does nothing in free agency to address it. What do you think the fans should think? The draft is where we are going to build this great defense Idgit? Is that why we interviewed about 20 WRs at the combine, because we are going to build this great defense?

And then when we lose to Philly or Seattle in the regular season and there are multiple threads banging on Garrett and calling him every four letter word under the sun, you will be right there saying "coaching is not the reason we are losing, its not having a good defense".

I will remind you at that point of this conversation we are having here in March discussing this very topic and how the team did nothing about it.

Everybody’s tired of not winning more playoff games or Superbowls, which is what I imagine you mean when you refer to ‘losing.’ It’s not an excuse for acting irrationally.

Regardless, the team doesn’t spend big the first week of FA. That’s the philosophy. They’ve been pretty successful adding talent under Garrett with that philosophy. What matters is what they do with the resources they *do* spend, and that’s been dramatically lopsided in favor of the offense and has gotten us beat.

If you went into the offseason expecting a big first week of FA, it was naive. It wasn’t going to happen.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Notice Fisher has no idea who they might be.

And it is just an amazing coincidence other outlets have already reported Marcus Martin and Deonte Thompson.

But here comes Mr. Scoopage.
exactly...its just click bait...meant to reel ya in and hook you so you will subscribe to him..he knows nothing we don't already.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Yeah man, here we go!! Gonna spend big. Going after some guy named Martin. We'll have a team of Smith and Martin's. Throw in a Wesson and we might have something to shoot with:muttley:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Fans are tired of losing Idgit, its as simple as that. Going 13-3 and then not even winning a single playoff game, is a failed season Idgit. Just because you don't mind it, doesn't mean 99% of everybody else doesn't. The playoffs is what winning is about, that is the history of this great franchise.

Maybe that is why you and a couple of other posters think Garrett is still a good head coach despite just a single playoff win in his entire coaching career, because you don't view the playoffs as the measuring stick even though 99% of other Cowboy fans do.

And even you Idgit, point to the defense and say "its not good enough" and then the team does nothing in free agency to address it. What do you think the fans should think? The draft is where we are going to build this great defense Idgit? Is that why we interviewed about 20 WRs at the combine, because we are going to build this great defense?

And then when we lose to Philly or Seattle in the regular season and there are multiple threads banging on Garrett and calling him every four letter word under the sun, you will be right there saying "coaching is not the reason we are losing, its not having a good defense".

I will remind you at that point of this conversation we are having here in March discussing this very topic and how the team did nothing about it.
I hear ya bro! The Cowboys have declined into mediocrity because all that really matters is what you do in the playoffs. Denver fired John Fox after he had 4 seasons of 8-8, 13-3, 13-3, 12-4. Elway realized he had the team but the coach had reached his ceiling and needed to find a coach that could get the team over the hump and they parted ways. Why cant Jerry see this in Garrett?????? I dont care how many regular season wins this team has everyone can see this team has no home field advantage and is not feared in the playoffs. No good team is afraid of Dallas because the team is too predictable and easy to prepare for. Yet every year the players are shuffled around like the chairs on the Titanic and regardless of who is here the ship still sinks in the end!

tm1119

Reaction score
Everybody’s tired of not winning more playoff games or Superbowls, which is what I imagine you mean when you refer to ‘losing.’ It’s not an excuse for acting irrationally.

Regardless, the team doesn’t spend big the first week of FA. That’s the philosophy. They’ve been pretty successful adding talent under Garrett with that philosophy. What matters is what they do with the resources they *do* spend, and that’s been dramatically lopsided in favor of the offense and has gotten us beat.

If you went into the offseason expecting a big first week of FA, it was naive. It wasn’t going to happen.

They have? Such as who?

GreenMean69

Reaction score
as an Eagles fan ... Cowboys had the right team from 2014 - 2016 Players were able to over play their coaches mistakes / blunders . The problem is the same as the Commanders .... a Owner that has way too much to do with football operations. as a Eagles fan I pray nothing changes for either team . Garret winning COY bought him more time which is good . That reward really is just silly if you go back and check the history of it .... only 2 in the last 18 years won a Super Bowl its almost like a participation reward. I might be a life long Eagles fan , but if the Eagles dont win ... id rather it stay in the NFC or the NFCE .... it gives our teams more credit vs crappy divisions like the Pats get to play in year after year .

Pants

Reaction score
Fisher? out on a limb again with his breaking news....two signees? not 1, not 3? is two more believable? what a hack

and, I love how any topic can turn Cowboy fans against each other.....w/e....my God, we need April to get here

Carson

Reaction score
Fisher? out on a limb again with his breaking news....two signees? not 1, not 3? is two more believable? what a hack

and, I love how any topic can turn Cowboy fans against each other.....w/e....my God, we need April to get here

Agreed.

Sign somebody! No don’t!

He’s good depth! He’s trash!

Roster is stacked! No we stink!

ksadler1

Reaction score
I hear ya bro! The Cowboys have declined into mediocrity because all that really matters is what you do in the playoffs. Denver fired John Fox after he had 4 seasons of 8-8, 13-3, 13-3, 12-4. Elway realized he had the team but the coach had reached his ceiling and needed to find a coach that could get the team over the hump and they parted ways. Why cant Jerry see this in Garrett?????? I dont care how many regular season wins this team has everyone can see this team has no home field advantage and is not feared in the playoffs. No good team is afraid of Dallas because the team is too predictable and easy to prepare for. Yet every year the players are shuffled around like the chairs on the Titanic and regardless of who is here the ship still sinks in the end!

Because Garrett is the perfect coach for Jerry's circus. Clappy the Clown fits right in and Jerry can control him, unlike Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. We've had the players to win the SB in the past 10 years. We've had home field through-out twice in that time. What we don't have, and what Jerry absolutely fails to acknowledge, is a real coaching staff and GM that can get us there. After our playoff losses, Jerry puffs up his chest and ACTS like heads are going to roll. Then he goes about doing nothing about it. If he's honest with himself, Jerry needs to start with Jerry. If he'd hire a real GM and get the hell out of the way, this team could probably do something. Until then, it's going to be the SOS different year folks. Yes, we'll all still watch, root and hope for something to change, but deep down (except for a few) we all know it won't....

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Lmao.

So Marcus Martin and who could it be? Back up Punter? Long snapper?

Willing to bet it’s nobody we’ve heard of

Skins bringing in Scandrick, DRC and Hankins.

Eagles loading up

Giants get Solder, Ogletree

We have Price and Possibly Martin

OMG, the world is falling apart isn't it!

Dre11

Reaction score
Speak for yourself.

I think if Dallas made an NFCCG people would lose their minds around here.

I would be one of them.

Until you know what winning a SB feels like or what consistently being on the cusp of one is like, the abject failure of a one-and-done or especially a loss with the division on the line can never be viewed as anything close to success.

Like I said and nobody will remember it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as an Eagles fan ... Cowboys had the right team from 2014 - 2016 Players were able to over play their coaches mistakes / blunders . The problem is the same as the Commanders .... a Owner that has way too much to do with football operations. as a Eagles fan I pray nothing changes for either team . Garret winning COY bought him more time which is good . That reward really is just silly if you go back and check the history of it .... only 2 in the last 18 years won a Super Bowl its almost like a participation reward. I might be a life long Eagles fan , but if the Eagles dont win ... id rather it stay in the NFC or the NFCE .... it gives our teams more credit vs crappy divisions like the Pats get to play in year after year .

I would love to throat kick this guy.