For the DJ Moore fan club

sbark

Reaction score
Keep in mind the number of QBs he played with while at Maryland.

8 different QBs... EIGHT

Just something to consider.
So he had to put up with below ave QB play.........and likely coaches that couldnt make adjustments on the go..............oh Wait what could go wrong?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The thing is, none of us fans know jack squat about these prospects. How can we? We don’t watch hours and hours of film. We don’t see them in person at the combine, or NFL pro day, or 30 player visit. We don’t sit down one on one and interview them. So anyone claiming that we just HAVE to draft this player or must NOT draft that player is just talking out their ***. And that includes all the sports show talking heads.
To a point. But one can watch some film, and one can watch an interview. And some of us see and read people different than others which is why some of the people who do watch hours and hours of film, do see them in person or visit their pro day, do sit down with them and interview them still miss on them in the draft. Most people like me were more right than the coaches, gms and talent evaluators were regarding Randy Moss, Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So he had to put up with below ave QB play.........and likely coaches that couldnt make adjustments on the go..............oh Wait what could go wrong?

They did not have a comparable oline or running game that he would have here.

He is a good WR.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Watch Moore's feet when he's trying to release. Those damn things are like a machine gun, and he can just instantly explode whenever he decides to break.

That's how he is going to win in the pros. It's not the cheesy pick-and-slant offense, it's not the YAC on manufactured plays, it's not that the Combine times, and it certainly isn't the bums throwing him the ball. Look at the traits that will translate to the NFL. Those feet are going to get him open.
Those feet didn't do him any favors in college.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Keep in mind the number of QBs he played with while at Maryland.

8 different QBs... EIGHT

Just something to consider.
And do you think QB #8 is going to throw that timing comeback route 15 yards down the sideline, or should they dumb the offense & route tree down to help him out?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You’re wrong..

NFL teams do get more information but some of them still suck at evaluating.

These NFL coaches and GMs do dumb stuff all of the time.

The Eagles coach was like a high school coach not long ago and he beat Bill Belichick with a backup QB.

They are human and not some all knowing football minds. They screw up a ton.

YouTube full game clips have gave the fans a ton of information that allows them to make educated evaluations. Especially if you know what to look for.

If we on this forum don’t have a consensus about Moore I promise you neither do NFL teams.
Give me a break. You don’t sit face to face across a table with these guys. That’s where it’s at my friend.

timb2

Reaction score
Maryland did not have good QBs. Moore still got over 1000 yards last season with 4 different QBs throwing to him. Miller had Riley Ferguson who should be drafted this year. Maryland is in the Big Ten vs better teams than Memphis and your guy Anthony Miller.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I still have him and Ridley as the two best WRs in this draft and the only ones I wouldn't be upset with at 19th overall.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maryland did not have good QBs. Moore still got over 1000 yards last season with 4 different QBs throwing to him. Miller had Riley Ferguson who should be drafted this year. Maryland is in the Big Ten vs better teams than Memphis and your guy Anthony Miller.

His production means nothing.

It's his skill set and how that fits in Dallas that I don't really care for.

DFWJC

Reaction score
All I can say is that the rumblings that he could go in the first round seem to be true.
Too many people with scout and NFL front office connections around the league are enamored with him for it to be just hype.
Some even think he will be the first WR taken

DFWJC

Reaction score
Mike Mayock moved Moore all the way to the top of his WR list

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think he's a quality prospect, and will be a great #2 at the next level.

That being said, I don't like the idea of taking him at 19 at all. He's a trade down prospect in the 1st or a trade up prospect in the 2nd.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I posted about this a few days ago, but Ridley and Chark just seem to have a different (better) playing speed than the other Top Tier WR prospects.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like him ok, but I've been saying for a month now that some of our CowboyZone brethren are a bit too enthused.

I think Ridley is clearly better and that guys like Sutton and maybe Chark have more upside.

Dont want any of these except maybe Ridley at 19.
The rest, later
Just be clear
I have still have it
Ridley
Moore
the pack, rated depending on what various teams are looking for (early return , upside, slot, etc)

Also still would be fine not taking a WR in Rd1

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think he's a quality prospect, and will be a great #2 at the next level.

That being said, I don't like the idea of taking him at 19 at all. He's a trade down prospect in the 1st or a trade up prospect in the 2nd.

The only way I can accept us taking a WR in the 1st round is if we trade down.