For those defending PacMan

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2322669 said:
Actually, if you go to sleep nobody would miss here you here.
I guess that the fact that some Cowboy fans were discussing PacMan never entered your mind and you dismiss the thread entirely.
Why would somebody intrude into a thread just to moan and groan?

Yes, I recommend the chill approach.

It's one of many. When I click on this forum I don't expect to see:

Pacman farts..
Pacman out past curfew..
Pacman doesn't wipe..
Pacman is a dirty dirty man..

So many threads with so little to say. So here we are with you clearly on one side and me clearly on the other side. In the end we differ in our opinions and I am perfectly fine with that.

Albeit sarcastic, I'm glad you recognize that the chill approach works. We thugs like to chill. Ya dig?

zeroburrito

Reaction score
off the field issue. unless its murder, i only care about what he does on the field.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2322554 said:
For those of you who are defending Pac and think nothing should happen...

It makes me sick. Absolutely sick for a person on his 7th chance in this league, gets into a fight WITH HIS OWN BODYGUARD. Jerry hired them (which ridiculous that it had to be done in the first place) to keep Pac out of trouble...and yet he decided to hit his own bodyguard. It's not like the bodyguard started all this nonsense. The guy is a thug who has clearly not learned his lesson.

I also dont care if there was no legal action. Thats not the point. The point is he's had 7 chances, and he's still doing stupid things. Jerry took a gamble on him, yet everyone is too scared to admit the gamble is not worth it and to move on.

He was supposed to be on his last chance before the fight. I'd love to hear what it is now

If you hang in there long enough, we have a game on Sunday which we will probably win. Then you can come back here and complain about how we didn't win by 40 points.

:rolleyes:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2322676 said:
I'd venture that the most specific one is likely the truest. Mirror is easy to fill in and speculate on - little glass umbrella isn't

Maybe it was a little glass, umbrella-shaped switchplate on the vanity mirror.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Spectre;2322708 said:
The real issue is that the "defense" here is to say that you don't care about character and will take filth on your football team if it equals winning.

The problem with that is, some of us see liklihood of suspensions, ejections, and bans put upon the filth. Suspended, banned, or ejected players DON'T win football games because they can't even contribute and suck up a roster spot in the meantime that prevents someone else from playing and improving. Not to mention the negative effects on a team's success by "lockeroom cancers".

Michael Irvin would have been "filth" to you then?

Either you have no perspective or you need to buy some.

It is okay to be angry with the individual. I don't particularly care for Pacman Jones. I think he is a very ignorant person who just doesn't get it. But, I will overlook that. He is a talented football player. I stopped looking for my heroes to play football a long, long time ago.

But to start claiming that "filth" keeps a team from winning is a very small-minded viewpoint.

We won with "filth" for years. I guarantee you were not offended then, simply because you didn't know. The whole world was different then. There was no internet, no message boards like this to let you in on every sordid detail as soon as it happens.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
There will be a pick 6 by the Rain Man on Sunday and then silence will rush over the board. Book it.

Spectre

Reaction score
Audiman;2322716 said:
do you know T.O. or Pacman personally?
nope.

And I know what you want to say. The difference is, I'm concerned about what effects their actions have upon my football team. Period. NOT their little emotions or egos like those defending them seem to be.

I love the sport and the game. Not so much the individual players outside of what effect they have on the field.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2322665 said:
I'm still wondering how anyone can say what SHOULD happen, considering that none of us knows all of the facts. There are too many conflicting reports and contradictory pieces of information — even from the police department itself — to come to any conclusion.

If ALL of the worst information is true (that he was staying overnight at the hotel instead of his team-assigned residence, was partying and drunk at 1:30 a.m., threw a haymaker at his unsuspecting bodyguard, took a beating from the bodyguard, punched and broke a bathroom mirror, then left without paying his bill), he should have been suspended, cut and/or arrested by now.

If all of the "best" information is true (it was 11 p.m., he was sober, they were kidding around, things got out of hand just for a minute, they settled things themselves and left peacefully within minutes), the incident should be dismissed and quickly forgotten by the police, the team and the league.

Either one could be true, or the truth could be anywhere in between. Unless you know what the truth is, you can't say for sure what should happen to him.

Very well put.

I should have prefaced with, "If reports are true about Pac hitting his bodyguard..."

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
You fail to realize that nobody was arrested and the police decided it was a non-issue.

If folks lost their jobs because they got into a scuffle with a "friend" (Deion Sanders even said they are very close) and all that happened was a mirror was broken, then alot of people should be fired.

You also fail to realize that Deion Sanders said the reason for the altercation was because Adam Jones was upset that his bodyguard was late and that in Deion's own words on NFL Network, "Pacman needed him".

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Audiman;2322679 said:
NextGen, this is LOGIC 101. take notes, there will be a pop quiz next week.

This coming from a guy who said there wasn't ONE media source that said Pac punched his bodyguard. :lmao2:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2322731 said:
Very well put.

I should have prefaced with, "If reports are true about Pac hitting his bodyguard..."

Actually you shouldn't have even started this thread talking about how "sick" you are about it if you really agree with what Adam said.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2322723 said:
If you hang in there long enough, we have a game on Sunday which we will probably win. Then you can come back here and complain about how we didn't win by 40 points.

:rolleyes:

If the Cardinals play sloppy and sluggish football and we play down to their level and are not on our A game, you're damn right I will.

On the other hand if both teams play well and it is a hard fought win, I will be the first to con graduate them with a tough win.

Audiman

Reaction score
Spectre;2322729 said:
nope.

And I know what you want to say. The difference is, I'm concerned about what effects their actions have upon my football team. Period. NOT their little emotions or egos like those defending them seem to be.

the only things you'll hear about T.O. or Pacman is what the media reports(or tries to report). therefore, you really have absolutely no clue about what either of them do on a daily basis. which brings me to this:

why, in the name of flying monkey's nut sacks, are you even bringing T.O.'s name into this?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Alexander;2322736 said:
Actually you shouldn't have even started this thread talking about how "sick" you are about it if you really agree with what Adam said.

Like I said, I should have prefaced my thread with, "If the reports are true"

I still think the fact that he's getting the benefit of the doubt from everyone is sickening. That doesnt change.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2322743 said:
Like I said, I should have prefaced my thread with, "If the reports are true"

I still think the fact that he's getting the benefit of the doubt from everyone is sickening. That doesnt change.

Why?

If anything you should be proud of your fellow Cowboyszoners because alot of the time the opposite is true.

Audiman

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2322733 said:
This coming from a guy who said there wasn't ONE media source that said Pac punched his bodyguard. :lmao2:
quote where I said that. I said I hadn't read or heard anything other than an altercation.

I've read a lot of articles about it. you gave one...

good try.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2322659 said:
Then I'll play the card that is being played on me.

Where did you see the report that the broken mirror is a false statement?

Because that right there will give these reports about the punches alot less credibility.

Its in the police report.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2322744 said:
Why?

If anything you should be proud of your fellow Cowboyszoners because alot of the time the opposite is true.

Completely off topic, but I love your user picture. Hilarious.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Audiman;2322627 said:
I've read that there was an altercation. in NO article or report have I seen the words "Adam Jones punched his body gaurd".

way to rebutle with name calling. how old are you? I'm guessing 12

There you go.