For those that don't want to re-sign Dak, then who?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Top FAs this offseason look to be - Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Ryan Fitzpatrick, maybe Sam Bradford or Robert Griffin III

None of them are the answer, and none are going to be particularly cheap. With our pick in the late 2nd, we aren't getting a marquee QB.

Dak isn't an A or A- QB. He isn't a B+, but he is a B / B- guy with upside remaining. He's the type of guy you should want to keep around.

They dont have that answer. They are still crying over Romo quitting.

Dak is getting a nice new contract so they really dont have a choice. No first round pick so that doesnt help either.

If we can repair the Oline in the offseason this team should be a legitimate force going forward. Get a TE, get a safety. Should be good to go.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are forgetting both Joe Flacco and Jameis Winston will be available maybe for aground $15M per year.

I wouldnt give a bag of chips for either QB. Winston is NOT a franchise QB. Throws the ball around like he's a fool. No team can win a championship with that chump.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They dont have that answer. They are still crying over Romo quitting.

Dak is getting a nice new contract so they really dont have a choice. No first round pick so that doesnt help either.

If we can repair the Oline in the offseason this team should be a legitimate force going forward. Get a TE, get a safety. Should be good to go.

So true.....not sure many realize the big picture of replacing Dak is a little more complicated than it seems.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
By all means keep Dak forever...there was no STAR no Superbowl glory, no America's team till Dak was our QB .....omg what would we do without him...all would be lost.....:rolleyes:

You really cant comprehend even simple short questions

It's sad

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winston has more upside than Dak everyone can see that.
All Jameis Winston has is a good arm....and bad on field decision making, is not committed to improvement, and bad off field behavior. He’s literally way worse than Dak. Tampa Bay would say his upside is cutting him.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
I do include Rivers and Rothliesberger in Tier 1, Newton and Stafford? Nope, Tier 2.

And I guess we'd better put Mahomes in that Tier 1, damned guy is out of his mind good. Tua and Murray will get compared to him because of their releases.
Tier 1 is just

Wilson

Tier 2

Mahomes
Watson
Rodgers

Tier 3
Newton
Brady
Trash

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like a couple years ago the Eagles were drafting in the mid teens and they traded up a bunch of spots to grab Wentz. Not like it can't be done.

And no 20 teams don't need a QB.
Filly traded up with the type of draft choices we don’t currently have.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Slv6MuO.jpg

I know! I know, Mr. Kotter! ...

Bring back Romo!!! :lmao:

aikemirv

Reaction score
It is not about if not Dak then who, it is about spending too much money on a QB who can not do everything an elite or 30 million QB should be able to do. If you are paying 30 mill he better be able to cover some deficiencies that your team a going to have because you are using so cap for the QB

For Dak he has to have more time in the pocket so a little more money and investment in the line. More investment in the D because you are not scoring enough points. There is no reason at all to sign Dak long term until his deal is done-that is just being stupid!

dwreck27

Reaction score
Gonna need to draft our guy plain and simple...

Get us a nick foles or someone of that caliber and roll

OR!!!!! See what it would take to get Aaron Rodgers and take a run at the super bowl For these next couple of years!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Better Dalton? Give me Dalton. With him you have a shot (not a great one), but far greater than with Dak. If you're going to waste that much money (why do you want to for either?) go with more talent.

You're really boxing yourself in, though. This is a poor way to make a decision.

How are you coming to this conclusion?

"Far greater shot" with Dak seems highly unlikely. Dalton has had some great rosters around him.

I'm going with the bigger talent in this situation, which is easily Dak. Dalton is a finished product, and it's not a good product, while Dak still has so many years to grow and already playing at a similiar(if not higher) level than Dalton.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

"Far greater shot" with Dak seems highly unlikely. Dalton has had some great rosters around him.

I'm going with the bigger talent in this situation, which is easily Dak. Dalton is a finished product, and it's not a good product, while Dak still has so many years to grow and already playing at a similiar(if not higher) level than Dalton.
There are some who will never support Prescott.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Dak is a far lesser talent than Dalton. Dalton has not had great teams. When he has been injured at the end of the season.

But like I said, I wouldn't go with either of them. If you guys want to come up with lame either/or scenarios to make you feel better, knock yourselves out.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
If not Dak than who? I think we have to see what Dak gets paid before answering this question. If Dallas is going to try to win with Dak then they better save a lot of money to pay the pieces around him.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It is not about if not Dak then who, it is about spending too much money on a QB who can not do everything an elite or 30 million QB should be able to do. If you are paying 30 mill he better be able to cover some deficiencies that your team a going to have because you are using so cap for the QB

For Dak he has to have more time in the pocket so a little more money and investment in the line. More investment in the D because you are not scoring enough points. There is no reason at all to sign Dak long term until his deal is done-that is just being stupid!

Yup, because even then we'd have the franchise tag available.