Former NFL WR Brandon Marshall On Dak

Blitzen

Reaction score
Not sure what your point is? Panthers suck….Mahomes couldn’t turn that trash around.

That Dak goes as the surrounding cast goes. Which is why you should not invest more future years with him. Play this final season with him and cut him loose and try to find the next guy. He’s basically a net zero guy-no major addition or subtraction to the win/loss column.

blueblood70

Reaction score
An Interesting way to look at it and quite refreshing?

wow thanks a lot for another DAK post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

another exact what we don't need is another dak post!!

Who cares what other people think of him, I don't even care what you all think of him, he's our quarterback right now that's not going to change maybe it will in 2025 and beyond but this year he's our quarterback!!!!!!!

having post after post with 70% of them are about our quarterback is getting old I mean this is the only subject that seems to keep this place alive,

I don't know what we would do if we didn't talk about the quarterback who by the way is one of 53 pieces on this team including the coaching staff if you want to add them in over the years and somehow we keep talking about the quarterback not the lack of a run game not the lack of a physical offensive line not that the defense**** the bed in the playoff games more than one of them by the way since 2016 the defense was horrible that would be three of those five losses were defense related and all of them had a lack of a run game and a lack of physical offensive line you show me when Troy or Roger had to play a game without their wonderful Hall of Fame running backs and big physical offensive line and elite coaching Staffs...

Show me where Roger or Troy carried the team in the playoffs when their run game didn't show up their offensive line either was just bad or beat up and they literally had to throw for 400 yards in four or five touchdowns to win a game because that's what Prescott would have had to do againt GB!...

and yet none of those other guys did that I watched those games those guys threw a lot of interceptions both in the regular season and the playoffs and their teams covered it up because they were great teams that were team does not get thrown around enough and I'm tired of hearing all the feedback of how Prescott like Peyton Manning did early in his career he started off 3-6 he started off with people questioning him and he finally broke through and won a Super Bowl in year 9...

lots of quarterbacks were late bloomers you can't do it alone even John Elway needed a great running back to nail it down... If not you get a guy like I don't know how long did Dan Marino play and never won a championship.... so maybe Prescott finally one day we'll make it to an NFC championship or a Super Bowl and never win one and then he'll be on marinos level,
right, I mean give this guy some fairness here you cannot be Superman in a game where you don't have your team show up you cannot carry your team alone that is not how it works in the playoffs you're meeting the best of the best and when you can't play well in the trenches and when nobody's getting open or you have a game where there's 14 penalties somehow we keep talking about the quarterback..

Sure the last game he could have played better but even if he played close to perfect we probably still lose that game by 10 or more points the defense couldn't stop a Nosebleed with three surgeons they would they couldn't do anything they were that bad they were bad all season and Jack somehow did carry the team in a couple of those games like in the Seattle game that's what that playoff game against Green Bay would have been ohh don't part don't dare make a mistake on offense cause your defense is going to be terrible that is the pressure the offense is under when the defense can't stop anyone show me Lamar Jackson his defense gave up three points in one game and only 17 first half points but pitched a shutout in the second-half and gave their offense a chance to win the game and they couldn't that's on Lamar Jackson Mr. MVP the office did choke you give us a defense like that I mean Lamar Jackson got to play with the top rushing team in the league with the top defense in the league and he still didn't make the Super Bowl and his team actually showed up in the playoffs this defense showed up his special team showed up it was him and some of his buddies on offense that screwed that game up that was clear..​

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not that interesting. And he hasn't only 'not won a SB', he hasn't advanced to a conference championship game. Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Jared Goff, Brock Purdy, Lamar Jackson, all drafted the same year or after Dak and have all gotten that far. 5 playoff visits, 2 different team builds, 7 playoff games, still ****ing the bed. How many at bats are we going to give this guy to test out the "winning cures all" theory before we come to the realization he's just not the guy?
wow thanks a lot for another DAK post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

another exact what we don't need is another dak post!!

Who cares what other people think of him, I don't even care what you all think of him, he's our quarterback right now that's not going to change maybe it will in 2025 and beyond but this year he's our quarterback!!!!!!!

having post after post with 70% of them are about our quarterback is getting old I mean this is the only subject that seems to keep this place alive,

I don't know what we would do if we didn't talk about the quarterback who by the way is one of 53 pieces on this team including the coaching staff if you want to add them in over the years and somehow we keep talking about the quarterback not the lack of a run game not the lack of a physical offensive line not that the defense**** the bed in the playoff games more than one of them by the way since 2016 the defense was horrible that would be three of those five losses were defense related and all of them had a lack of a run game and a lack of physical offensive line you show me when Troy or Roger had to play a game without their wonderful Hall of Fame running backs and big physical offensive line and elite coaching Staffs...

Show me where Roger or Troy carried the team in the playoffs when their run game didn't show up their offensive line either was just bad or beat up and they literally had to throw for 400 yards in four or five touchdowns to win a game because that's what Prescott would have had to do againt GB!...

and yet none of those other guys did that I watched those games those guys threw a lot of interceptions both in the regular season and the playoffs and their teams covered it up because they were great teams that were team does not get thrown around enough and I'm tired of hearing all the feedback of how Prescott like Peyton Manning did early in his career he started off 3-6 he started off with people questioning him and he finally broke through and won a Super Bowl in year 9...

lots of quarterbacks were late bloomers you can't do it alone even John Elway needed a great running back to nail it down... If not you get a guy like I don't know how long did Dan Marino play and never won a championship.... so maybe Prescott finally one day we'll make it to an NFC championship or a Super Bowl and never win one and then he'll be on marinos level,
right, I mean give this guy some fairness here you cannot be Superman in a game where you don't have your team show up you cannot carry your team alone that is not how it works in the playoffs you're meeting the best of the best and when you can't play well in the trenches and when nobody's getting open or you have a game where there's 14 penalties somehow we keep talking about the quarterback..

Sure the last game he could have played better but even if he played close to perfect we probably still lose that game by 10 or more points the defense couldn't stop a Nosebleed with three surgeons they would they couldn't do anything they were that bad they were bad all season and Jack somehow did carry the team in a couple of those games like in the Seattle game that's what that playoff game against Green Bay would have been ohh don't part don't dare make a mistake on offense cause your defense is going to be terrible that is the pressure the offense is under when the defense can't stop anyone show me Lamar Jackson his defense gave up three points in one game and only 17 first half points but pitched a shutout in the second-half and gave their offense a chance to win the game and they couldn't that's on Lamar Jackson Mr. MVP the office did choke you give us a defense like that I mean Lamar Jackson got to play with the top rushing team in the league with the top defense in the league and he still didn't make the Super Bowl and his team actually showed up in the playoffs this defense showed up his special team showed up it was him and some of his buddies on offense that screwed that game up that was clear..​

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That Dak goes as the surrounding cast goes. Which is why you should not invest more future years with him. Play this final season with him and cut him loose and try to find the next guy. He’s basically a net zero guy-no major addition or subtraction to the win/loss column.
Well let’s pretend this is true…why would you even keep him this year? Makes no sense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Bellychickens was a master at focusing his scheme at using players that weren't being sought after by most teams. Lightly build edge rushers and huge DE's? 3-4. When only a few teams were running it. Everyone starts using? Switch back to the 4-3.
Simple supply and demand.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak has never even had a running game in his career!
Joe Burrow has had a running game his entire career but has less 4th QTR playoff TDs than his defense...... :lmao2: :lmao2: I can play this dumb game too

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He went to multiple super bowls even before Terrell Davis. Dak never had a top tier rushing offense and line? It’s actually sad that Cowboys fans no longer care about postseason football where Dak has been terrible. Blame everyone else, whatever you got to tell yourself, But it’s time to start that search again. He’s not worth the cap hit and they’re just wasting the years away. He’s certainly no John Elway. You seem very easily impressed by passing numbers in a league that dictates it. If only we can find the next Zeke Elliott. lol
Dak had a top tier OL and RB in 2016 but our defense was an issue and it cost us against Green Bay in the playoffs. Dak played very well in that game, and gave us a chance to win in the end, but our defense choked. He played well enough to win against the Rams in 2018, out playing Jared Goff, but again our defense imploded. As for Elway he went to multiple Super Bowls before Terrell Davis, but lost all of them. There were some that called him a choker and said he couldn’t elevate his team when it really mattered most. He was having to carry his team and it affected his play.

I’m okay searching for another QB, but you can’t move on from Dak until you find his replacement. You can’t just release him and start looking. That’s how you end up with nothing. As far as passing numbers they don’t lie. Dak’s efficient in every passing category and it’s led to a lot of wins and four division titles, the most since Troy Aikman was our QB. The Rams made the trade for Matt Stafford a couple of years ago because of his passing numbers. Production is part of being a successful NFL QB.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I will save myself a bit of time and not click on a link offering the advice of one of the dumbest humans on the planet.

Nav22

Reaction score
The only thing Dak Prescott hasn't done is win a super bowl?????????

:facepalm:

Yeah I stopped listening right there. Good Lord. Brandon Marshall = clueless.
Here's what Troy Aikman said about Dak yesterday:

"I know they've come up short the last few years... but he's been a great player in this league, and his best years are still ahead of him."

So Troy Aikman thinks YOU'RE clueless, just like Brandon Marshall does.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

khiladi

Reaction score
agent paid for this promotional material...figure out how it works
It’s amazing people still don’t get it. Agencies are looking for any way to get their client the bag. They work with press and analysts. Also, every player or ex-players wants to see player money go up, unless it’s at their own expense. Salaries going up means their salaries go up, because they also know the salary cap goes up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s actually sad that Cowboys fans no longer care about postseason football where Dak has been terrible.
Dak hasn’t been terrible. He’s had a couple of terrible playoff games and a bad playoff game against San Francisco two years ago. He played well against Russell Wilson in our win over Seattle, and he played terrific against Tom Brady in our win over Tampa. He played very well against Green Bay in our loss to the Packers in 2016 but our defense choked in the end, and he played well enough to beat the Rams in 2018 but our defense sucked.

khiladi

Reaction score
Comparing him to Elway is hilarious!
Pretty hilarious too, considering Brandon Marshall was born in 1984 and wouldn’t have seen the majority of Elway’s career. I guarantee you, Marshall didn’t watch much of him if any and if he did, it was at a time he didn’t know what he really was watching.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The only way to move forward with Dak is to pretend that the Green Bay game never happened.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I have never really understood that type of argument anyway. It is more of an argument against Dak than for Dak. If an absolute stud like Elway had that much trouble winning the whole thing isn't it borderline impossible for Dak?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The only thing Marshall is qualified to comment on is legal troubles arising from immaturity.

khiladi

Reaction score
I have never really understood that type of argument anyway. It is more of an argument against Dak than for Dak. If an absolute stud like Elway had that much trouble winning the whole thing isn't it borderline impossible for Dak?
Imagine Elway in this QB friendly era.

5 WR sets didn’t work in that era, because DBs could play aggressive and the stadiums were slower surfaces. The run and shoot and other offenses were considered gimmicky offense that put up numbers in the regular season in closed stadiums, but those teams like the Lions with Mitchell got annihalated by the physical teams like the Cowboys and Giants.

RBs were running over 20 times a game regularly….