Former NFL WR Brandon Marshall On Dak

Qcard

Reaction score
I thought this was football 101. Having a great running game is essential or nonessential to winning playoff games?
So the dumb game is over and you want to have substantive discussion??

Of course a great running game is essential to a deep playoff run. Great meaning = quality and needed yards

Burrow has had a great running game in all his playoff games?
I don't care....I know Burrow only has 1 TD in the 4th QTR of Playoffs and the deep playoff run was fueled by the Bengals Defense but has been Annointed Great by the Eye Test crew aka Dak Haters :laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
i stopped reading right there, its literally a thread about Dak.
Hater hater alert!!!

And there's about 75 of them if you dig open 10 pages deep, dig around daKDAKDakdak dak dak dak the problem here is y'all are just looking for validation you post anything that can support your narrative about a player especially Prescott it gets old we get it some of y'all don't like him too bad so sad he's going to be here this year either way...Opinions are like ah.....we all have them but the ones that choose to by the minute keep adding theirs about the same player=rediculuis!!

we don't need a bunch of opinions on Prescott and what people think about him it's like new news it's not new news they're open all over this place that's my opinion maybe you should stop reading. Because apparently you just want to discuss Prescott 24/7 365 and it gets you absolutely nowhere.......................................... you have 0 control on the players and how much they make and whether they're on the team or not or how much playing time they get..

yet, when there's 75% of the new subjects are old subjects which are Prescott that's been discussed today, it's unnecessary, how about that...

IDC you stopped reading because, I read yours and yours is absolutely ridiculous

it's a team game and you keep concentrating on Prescott since 2016 there's been about 14 other issues in big games before you can get the Prescott and most of those games players coaches play calls referees we could go through it all I mean penalties I mean go ahead stop reading and I'm going to keep posting because people keep forgetting to mention the other 52 players and or the coaching staff when they're discussing Prescott issues in big games in the playoffs because he ain't really the big problem

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The only thing Dak Prescott hasn't done is win a super bowl?????????

:facepalm:

Yeah I stopped listening right there. Good Lord. Brandon Marshall = clueless.
Has Brandon Marshall ever made the playoffs?

Brandon Marshall - Wikipedia
His 12,351 career receiving yards are the most ever by a receiver who has never played in the postseason. On December 13, 2009, against the Indianapolis Colts, Marshall set an NFL record for receptions in a game with 21.

So of course he thinks Dak is great without getting to a super bowl.

Proof

Reaction score
Is it possible that the Cowboys surrounding cast is FAAAR superior than many other surrounding casts?
sure. of course, and that may be it. by that same token, is it possible dak is better than we give him credit for?

blueblood70

Reaction score
not reading all that crap.
How about I don't need a notice that you're not reading?! how about you don't reply at all ??!! how about that!!!! ???????

But I understand most of y'all have the attention span of a gnat and if you don't get somebody who agrees with you you're just going to ignore what they say even if it has some validity, but I get it you need memes. maybe I need to do it in crayon. or just use all emoticons hmhmmm

so maybe I can keep your brain power on neutral.... Please don't burn up any extra brain cells that you obviously can't spare...:muttley::lmao::popcorn:

The Natural

Reaction score
How about I don't need a notice that you're not reading?! how about you don't reply at all ??!! how about that!!!! ???????

But I understand most of y'all have the attention span of a gnat and if you don't get somebody who agrees with you you're just going to ignore what they say even if it has some validity, but I get it you need memes. maybe I need to do it in crayon. or just use all emoticons hmhmmm

so maybe I can keep your brain power on neutral.... Please don't burn up any extra brain cells that you obviously can't spare...:muttley::lmao::popcorn:
Not reading this either.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It's amazing how much talent they saw in Belichecks defense when Greatest QB took the field....ohhhh prescient one!!! :laugh: :laugh: :huh:
Thought you wanted to talk QB's not random comments & endless emoji's.

& I actually did see the poise of Brady when at Michigan. No, I won't claim to have predicted the GOAT but I would have drafted him before the Pat's did.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Who ran the football for all of Bradys Super Bowls with the Patriots?....Corey Dillon? lol

Some baller qbs don't need it.
Who played OL? receivers? They won with a lot of no name, no pedigree players because the greatest coach in history built teams not all star rosters & he taught the QB who would become the GOAT how all the details mattered.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Until another NFL team starts coming close to Cowboys financial success he will not change anything.

Jeruh is entertaining and Americans like drama for some reason. Most likely more than winning.
jerry said it 20 years ago, he said it recently. bad news is good news. we want them to be talking about us. if they are talking about us, we have done our job.

Blitzen

Reaction score
So the dumb game is over and you want to have substantive discussion??

Of course a great running game is essential to a deep playoff run. Great meaning = quality and needed yards

I don't care....I know Burrow only has 1 TD in the 4th QTR of Playoffs and the deep playoff run was fueled by the Bengals Defense but has been Annointed Great by the Eye Test crew aka Dak Haters :laugh:

I wondered because it sounded like you were making the argument that Joe Burrow had gotten great running games-since that is essential for deep playoff runs. The problem is that is not true. Not only did the Bengals not have a good rushing game during the 2021 and 2022 seasons (ranked 23rd in 2021 and 29th in 2022)-they were terrible in the postseason for most of their games. And Burrow has done it with one of the worst offensive lines in football. They have won playoff games in a variety of ways.

It’s okay to critique the Cowboys QB-he can beat most tier 3 teams, split with tier 2 teams, and loses to most tier 1 teams. It’s not just the rushing game, lol-that’s just a straight lie.

Blitzen

Reaction score
sure. of course, and that may be it. by that same token, is it possible dak is better than we give him credit for?

If Cooper Rush had promptly gone 0-6 in host starts I would tend to be more impressed with Dak’s win/loss record.

Proof

Reaction score
If Cooper Rush had promptly gone 0-6 in host starts I would tend to be more impressed with Dak’s win/loss record.
and if cooper rush finished 2bd in mvp voting or led the league in touchdowns, id probably feel different about dak

Blitzen

Reaction score
and if cooper rush finished 2bd in mvp voting or led the league in touchdowns, id probably feel different about dak

And I would not. Lots of context gets ignored in the numbers that brought those accolades. The MVP award goes to a QB nearly every time (though in my opinion both McCaffrey and Hill were more deserving than anyone). Pat Mahomes was not close to his usual performance numbers in the regular season-is that more a reflection of his surrounding cast or his talent decreasing?

The enormous bulk of the current QB’s performance numbers came versus the worst defenses in the league. The dropoff in production against high level defenses was striking-and it’s a trend that he has had i throughout his professional career. Cooper Rush is a barely capable backup Qb and the team completely adjusted the offensive scheme to be ultra conservative. He made some plays, and would have made more without a terrible drop from Lamb and fumble by Schultz that cost the team points.

Neither player can add much to their team’s surrounding talent (at least against the best teams).

Chasing6

Reaction score
If we had a great run game and a great run defense, I might feel the way you do.

Qcard

Reaction score
I wondered because it sounded like you were making the argument that Joe Burrow had gotten great running games-since that is essential for deep playoff runs. The problem is that is not true. Not only did the Bengals not have a good rushing game during the 2021 and 2022 seasons (ranked 23rd in 2021 and 29th in 2022)-they were terrible in the postseason for most of their games. And Burrow has done it with one of the worst offensive lines in football. They have won playoff games in a variety of ways.

It’s okay to critique the Cowboys QB-he can beat most tier 3 teams, split with tier 2 teams, and loses to most tier 1 teams. It’s not just the rushing game, lol-that’s just a straight lie.
Wake me up when Joe Burrow finds a way to win a playoff game when his defense gives us 6 straight scoring drives or better yet just let me know when Joe Burrow throws a 4th QTR TD in the playoffs.

The excuses for Joe Burrow are bad Oline and no running game.

The excuses for Dak Prescott are AWOL defense and no running game.

Tell me again who wins Championships???

Dak Haters are cherry picking experts!!!