Former NFL WR Brandon Marshall On Dak

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here's what Troy Aikman said about Dak yesterday:

"I know they've come up short the last few years... but he's been a great player in this league, and his best years are still ahead of him."

So Troy Aikman thinks YOU'RE clueless, just like Brandon Marshall does.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Qcard, you really need to slow your roll.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Elway played in 5 superbowls. Boy wonder just finished throwing up all over himself in the first round against Green Bay. The comparison is so stupid. Yuri Shabanov didn't become a chess grand master until he was 66 so I guess by Dak standards I am right on track.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Dak has all the leverage plus he's not taking a discount for anybody. He'll be 31 this season and most likely will be 35 by the time his next contract ends, this is his last big payday and he's going to try to get the max. It's gonna be an interesting off season if he doesn't get re-signed
And he should. I have no issue with any player getting as much as they can possibly get. I also have no issues with owners trading, cutting players as well. At the end of the day it’s a job and I’m not forgoing a pay raise at my job so the company can pay another employee. I also can’t get mad if my performance at my job isn’t great and they let me go when the opportunity arises. I think it would kinda cool to not resign Dak and see how performs under that pressure. However, like the last time the cowboys played chicken with Dak they had no legitimate backup and hence Dak got a major contract. Is Lance a guy who could dethrone Dak? Not sure.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm sure there are others who will disagree, and I already know what those will say, so no need to reply to my post. But it's a free site, if you insist, go ahead, just note that you're not changing my mind.

There are two aspects to playing qb in the NFL - physical and mental. Dak, despite what some say, is not a "horrible" quarterback. He's made enough good throws, read enough defenses well and has made enough runs to become a pretty good qb. But he's not been good enough in big games.

Can that be improved? It does seem to me that he's better at reading defenses, looking off receivers and making tight throws in the last couple of years. When a problem arises, he's been able to fix some of them, like the 15 interceptions in 2022. However, the improvement has to continue, and I just don't know if he can do it.

To that end I'm afraid I;ve reached the end of my rope with Dak, meaning I'm for just sucking up his cap hit this year, signing as many free agents as we can and making one last Dak-attack push for a SB win. If it doesn't work, then tear it all down and start over....

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, they don't know what they are talking about. Dak is 10 times the QB that Elway was. Maybe they will get it right someday.
yeah, he would put Roger Staubach to shame too. I wish one of them would come out and state that.

Proof

Reaction score
He has no leverage unless Jerry gives him some. He's choked in the last 2 playoff games. Any QB can do that. We can get an average QB to beat the scrubs of this league like we've been doing.
dak has his warts, and his history, but i'm just curious why are all the other qb's in the league not "beating the scrubs like we've been doing"? we're one win behind the chiefs over the past 3 years for most wins in the league. and i'm not pointing that out to hang our hats on, because it means nothing. but why are we beating the scrubs so much more often than everyone else if any qb can do it?

Blitzen

Reaction score
No one said it is.

And Denver is going into a rebuild. They want to win a championship..Jerry gives it lip service

Jerry thinking 12-5, playoffs. That's not rebuild.

So it's a tough decision because things will go south and no butts in seats and that's not cha ching to jerry..

That stadium would be full if the team went 0-17 for three straight seasons.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly...

Dak Haters Hate Dak so much they will ignore Football 101.

Dak Hate is NOT about Football.
At this point, it's just about wanting to be right, even if that means the Cowboys don't win another game until he's gone. In fact, I think they'd be ecstatic if he lost every game for the next 3 years.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Joe Burrow has had a running game his entire career but has less 4th QTR playoff TDs than his defense...... :lmao2: :lmao2: I can play this dumb game too

I thought this was football 101. Having a great running game is essential or nonessential to winning playoff games? Burrow has had a great running game in all his playoff games?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yeah, he would put Roger Staubach to shame too. I wish one of them would come out and state that.
Well, look at his stats. His stats are 10 times better that Roger's were. Don't you know that today's standards are stats, not SB's? It's the Madden craze that all the kiddies play now days.

Blitzen

Reaction score
dak has his warts, and his history, but i'm just curious why are all the other qb's in the league not "beating the scrubs like we've been doing"? we're one win behind the chiefs over the past 3 years for most wins in the league. and i'm not pointing that out to hang our hats on, because it means nothing. but why are we beating the scrubs so much more often than everyone else if any qb can do it?

Is it possible that the Cowboys surrounding cast is FAAAR superior than many other surrounding casts?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He's been one of the best because the NFC has sucked the last few years especially with QBs. Put him in the AFC and see how he does. Let him actually play contenders and not mediocre teams. Fix our defense so we can stop the run and get an average QB and we can at least contend in the NFC. Do I think we'll win the SB? No. But we wont do worse. It isn't even that hard to make the playoffs anymore. That's why winning 12 games against the teams we beat doesn't even impress me that much. And what does it matter if we don't do anything with it. We had everything fall into our lap last year and the team didn't even show up. Keeping everything the same and hoping we'll do better is just a waste of time. The same way we wasted 10 years with Garrett. Better to do it now then to wait but of course that's not how the Cowboys operate.
I get what you are saying. But how is what the Cowboys are doing (in the regular season) in the NFC any different than what other teams are doing? The Chiefs get to beat up the Raiders, Chargers, and Broncos twice a year. Should their record have an asterisk next to it because those teams aren't any good?

The bottom line is the Cowboys as a team have failed to get it done in the postseason. Yes, Dak has been a part of that problem. But he is not the only problem. Kansas City won a playoff game last year against the Ravens while not scoring a point in the second half. Can the Cowboys do that? No. But everyone would blame Dak for not doing his job. Patrick Mahomes got bailed out by his defense and everyone called him clutch. This is a team sport.

You say "fix the defense" with the money saved by dumping Dak. That's all well and good, but Dallas had over $25 million of cap space last year to do just that and DIDN'T spend. Like you said, the way this team operates is the problem. Dak is a symptom, not the disease. Moving on from him only makes things worse. We'd be back where we were in 2015 again. Yay.