Former NFL WR Brandon Marshall On Dak

Blitzen

Reaction score
Wake me up when Joe Burrow finds a way to win a playoff game when his defense gives us 6 straight scoring drives or better yet just let me know when Joe Burrow throws a 4th QTR TD in the playoffs.

The excuses for Joe Burrow are bad Oline and no running game.

The excuses for Dak Prescott are AWOL defense and no running game.

Tell me again who wins Championships???

Dak Haters are cherry picking experts!!!

The current Cowboys QB has had a great running game (along with an outstanding offensive line) and great defense in the past. But never both at the same time. He has never reached a conference championship game in 8 seasons.

Joe has never enjoyed a dominant running game (or offensive line), and reached two straight conference championship games (including a Super Bowl appearance after beating the Chiefs in Kansas City) in his years 2 and 3.

This last playoff game vs GB was terrible defensively and offensively. But not all playoff games under this Cowboys QB were lost in that fashion. Teams have deficiencies as previously noted with Burrow. KC had several offensive deficiencies this last season. The Cowboys have proven how difficult it is to beat other top teams with this QB over 8 seasons, but for some reason many fans feel that the team should be able to build a sufficient squad to win SB’s with him.

Blitzen

Reaction score
If we had a great run game and a great run defense, I might feel the way you do.

If the Cowboys had elite playmakers, linemen (offense and defense), linebackers and secondary, and other great units they would only need a Trent Dilfer type QB to succeed. Tough to build that elite squad with the QB taking up a huge piece of the cap (not that the front office would be capable even if he did not).

Chasing6

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had elite playmakers, linemen (offense and defense), linebackers and secondary, and other great units they would only need a Trent Dilfer type QB to succeed. Tough to build that elite squad with the QB taking up a huge piece of the cap (not that the front office would be capable even if he did not).
Not asking for that. We below average in several categories.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Who played OL? receivers? They won with a lot of no name, no pedigree players because the greatest coach in history built teams not all star rosters & he taught the QB who would become the GOAT how all the details mattered.
This is absolute nonsense and history has proven it out. Fat Billy was nothing until Brady came and he was an out of work bum the minute Brady left. Brady wins it all with a joke franchise even as a senior citizen. Brady is what you need as the General. He demanded perfection from everyone around him. He set the standard for preparation that was acceptable. He held everyone accountable. He was all about winning. He got the job done. He is the anti Dak.

The Brady versus Fat Billy debate is over.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This is absolute nonsense and history has proven it out. Fat Billy was nothing until Brady came and he was an out of work bum the minute Brady left. Brady wins it all with a joke franchise even as a senior citizen. Brady is what you need as the General. He demanded perfection from everyone around him. He set the standard for preparation that was acceptable. He held everyone accountable. He was all about winning. He got the job done. He is the anti Dak.

Delusional at best.

Brady got the Int on the goal line against Seattle?

CB said he new the play before the snap because Belichick went over it multiple times at practice.

Belichick was a perfectionist, and demanded everyone do their job. He understands, if you don't do your job, you prevent someone else from being able to do theirs.

Something we severely lack.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

The only debate was invented by bizarro fans trying to rewrite history. Brady has never once said he was responsible for the dynasty. He & many other players, coaches & support staff that flowed thru that organization have all said that Bill was the architect and taught them how to view, study & coach football to find the little things that others don't look for.

Bill had SB rings before Brady was out of high school. Probably even junior high.

Yes, getting a QB of Brady's abilities to buy in & adopt his system allowed them to ascend & stay at the top for an unprecedented time. But at the end of the day Brady only played QB, BB did everything else.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Loser in Cleveland for 5 years and gets fired. Goes 5-11 first year in NE. Brady takes over. 19 consecutive years of absolute never before seen dominance. Brady leaves. Sucks for 4 years and gets fired.

That is honestly such an incredible disparity it amazes me that anyone can even try to defend it. 10 years without Brady overall hot garbage. 19 years with Brady overall god tier dominance. Even in a clown show franchise like Tampa and over 40 years old Brady still dominated.

IMHO given the choice between the two if starting a franchise no one in their right mind would pick fat Billy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Loser in Cleveland for 5 years and gets fired. Goes 5-11 first year in NE. Brady takes over. 19 consecutive years of absolute never before seen dominance. Brady leaves. Sucks for 4 years and gets fired.

That is honestly such an incredible disparity it amazes me that anyone can even try to defend it. 10 years without Brady overall hot garbage. 19 years with Brady overall god tier dominance. Even in a clown show franchise like Tampa and over 40 years old Brady still dominated.

IMHO given the choice between the two if starting a franchise no one in their right mind would pick fat Billy.
Anyone in their right mind knows there is no way GM Jeruh could assemble a team to win around Brady.

I know, I know, you think an 0-17 team would make it to the SB just by adding Brady.

Still amazes me how people believe the entire NFL evolves around QB's.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Anyone in their right mind knows there is no way GM Jeruh could assemble a team to win around Brady.

I know, I know, you think an 0-17 team would make it to the SB just by adding Brady.

Still amazes me how people believe the entire NFL evolves around QB's.
I believe it is as much about how the QB handles himself all week long as it is on game day. Obviously game day is critical but how the rest of the team prepares all week long is the responsibility of the QB. It may not seem fair and it may not seem right but it simply has to be. Whoever makes the most money is the most important and they are in charge. Like it or not if you make 10x what the coach makes you are in charge. If the defense is not prepared it is on you to talk to the defensive leaders and get them on board. If the O line is having bad reps at practice it is on you to get them in line. If CD is unhappy with his contract it is on you to fight for him or to put him back in his place.

I see all of the foolishness that takes place under Daks watch and I blame him. If you do not think it is Daks responsibility that is OK. It is a perfectly valid position to take. The issue is that it goes against human nature. If you make the most money you are the boss. Plain and simple. The CEO does not get to make the most money then blame the accountants when things go bad.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak has all the leverage plus he's not taking a discount for anybody. He'll be 31 this season and most likely will be 35 by the time his next contract ends, this is his last big payday and he's going to try to get the max. It's gonna be an interesting off season if he doesn't get re-signed
The Jones Boys painted themselves into a corner on this one.
Never was about the money being the biggest mistake but the NTC and the Term were the true daggers in that joke of a contract.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I believe it is as much about how the QB handles himself all week long as it is on game day. Obviously game day is critical but how the rest of the team prepares all week long is the responsibility of the QB. It may not seem fair and it may not seem right but it simply has to be. Whoever makes the most money is the most important and they are in charge. Like it or not if you make 10x what the coach makes you are in charge. If the defense is not prepared it is on you to talk to the defensive leaders and get them on board. If the O line is having bad reps at practice it is on you to get them in line. If CD is unhappy with his contract it is on you to fight for him or to put him back in his place.

I see all of the foolishness that takes place under Daks watch and I blame him. If you do not think it is Daks responsibility that is OK. It is a perfectly valid position to take. The issue is that it goes against human nature. If you make the most money you are the boss. Plain and simple. The CEO does not get to make the most money then blame the accountants when things go bad.
No. It is not the QB's responsibility for how the entire team prepares all week.

I can see it know at interviews during the combine.

Caleb, how do you make sure all week long, that your entire team is properly prepared?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
No. It is not the QB's responsibility for how the entire team prepares all week.

I can see it know at interviews during the combine.

Caleb, how do you make sure all week long, that your entire team is properly prepared?
dak hasn't got time, he's out making b rated commercials and prancing around with his lady bags.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stop it, your fooling the youngsters.
I want Dak here for the duration. If us loyal fans of his and his stats aren't good enough then what is the point?

Us Dak fans don't care about no stupid SB!

Chasing6

Reaction score
dak hasn't got time, he's out making b rated commercials and prancing around with his lady bags.
It has nothing to do with Dak. That is not part of the job description of QB's.

That is what coaches are for and or you have the wrong players on the team.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Whenever I see something starting with "FORMER NFL RECEIVER BRANDON MARSHAL...." I always assume the next words I'm going to read are "HAS DIED"

Not sure why.

Glad he's still alive though

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Imagine if Dak was as good as all the former players say he is. 8 years with nothing to show except the support of ex-players. EXTEND HIM JERRY!!! YOU MUST!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
The only debate was invented by bizarro fans trying to rewrite history. Brady has never once said he was responsible for the dynasty. He & many other players, coaches & support staff that flowed thru that organization have all said that Bill was the architect and taught them how to view, study & coach football to find the little things that others don't look for.

Bill had SB rings before Brady was out of high school. Probably even junior high.

Yes, getting a QB of Brady's abilities to buy in & adopt his system allowed them to ascend & stay at the top for an unprecedented time. But at the end of the day Brady only played QB, BB did everything else.
Yup, as DC.