News: Fox: Cam Newton says the Cowboys 'are not America's Team anymore'

ArtClink

Reaction score
Well Cam said it so it must be true.

Yet we are the most valuable sports franchise in the world and bring in the highest tv rating.

But Cam said we aren't.
I love being the most profitable franchise soooo much more than making deep playoff runs. As a kid, when I became a fan during the Landry/ Roger S era, I said to myself “As a fan, there’s nothing I value more than being the most profitable franchise. It was nice to win Super Bowls but oh the joy as a fan to know we are the most profitable!! Its so nice to finally meet another Cowboys fan that like me values being the most profitable franchise!

ArtClink

Reaction score
No team is worth more; and no team gets better TV ratings
no team sells more jerseys
no one sells more merchandise
so tell me what definition is the idiot using?
Agreed. I value being the most profitable franchise way above winning championships!

superonyx

Reaction score
I love being the most profitable franchise soooo much more than making deep playoff runs. As a kid, when I became a fan during the Landry/ Roger S era, I said to myself “As a fan, there’s nothing I value more than being the most profitable franchise. It was nice to win Super Bowls but oh the joy as a fan to know we are the most profitable!! Its so nice to finally meet another Cowboys fan that like me values being the most profitable franchise!
And I love being the most negative and miserable fanbase in the NFL. When I was a kid I always wished I could be a part of the biggest group of manbabies in the league. This place is home to me because I get to communicate with the other manbabies who are so miserable with something they are choosing to spend their free time doing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know about that. Admittedly, I'm too young to remember but at the time the America's Team label came out, the Steelers were way more successful than we were. The Vikings too for that matter. Don't know if the promo was before the '76 season (after we just lost to the Steelers) or after it when the Raiders beat the Vikings (their 3rd loss in 4 Bowls) but I wonder if the popularity was in part due to an anti-bad guy team (Steelers/Raiders) sentiment where we were pumped up as "the good guys" to root for. And then like everything else people just got tired of it with 1 Bowl to show for it until the 90s. Would love to hear from an older poster who remembers that time well.
NFL films right after the 77 SB is what I remember that fist used Americas Team
Yes after the SB, but when they beat Denver. NFL films editor was trying to think of a name for the video for each team they normally do for the season in review.

He could not think of a good catchy name. He said what he noticed was how even on road games. Stadiums that did not normally sell ou, did, and how many Cowboys fans attended. Not to even mention the home games. TV ratings and all of that. They had Roger Staubach, the all American boy, and was nicknamed Captain America at times.

So it hit him, America's Team. I believe their is a video from NFL films of him stating this or something similar.

Tex Schramm seen how popular that went, so used it since then.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He is 100% correct.
That moniker was given to us and it's never gonna be taken away whether you like it or not I'm saying you're 100% wrong and I'm not even listening to the dumb video I don't read these things I don't listen to any of these videos because they're all hyperbole rhetoric mostly opinions and mostly all wrong...

You know why I know this because the league still gives the Cowboys a maximum amount of prime time games and guess what almost always has the highest ratings of ohh sports that are playing on TV that day including the football games... Like it or not love them or hate them that's why they're America's team they are the hot button this is proof this article itself is proof that people keep talking about the Cowboys even when they shouldn't be talking about the Cowboys...

Literally just about every social media content finds a way to do the six degrees of separation and at least every day they talk about the Cowboys at least once that's every single outlet on the social media bandwagon along with sports on TV you know biggie ESPN all that they find a way to talk about the Cowboys if the calories are no longer relative and no longer America's team and why does it feel like they are not only are they the richest sports franchise getting the highest ratings their own league keeps put them in in prime time and then every single media outlet keeps talking about them every player that becomes available or there's a rumor for a trade what's the first name that comes up?

You know the answer is the Dallas Cowboys every single player that may be available that is available or may come out of retirement the first team the damn media outlets all linked to him is the Dallas Cowboys everybody talks about the Dallas Cowboys as much as they did back in the 70s which by the way they only won two Super Bowls back then I mean they were very winning franchise but they only have two Super Bowl rings in a 30 year. Jerry has three so Jerry still has his team relative because they're still winning 36 games two division titles five out of the last eight years have been to the playoffs and they keep being talked about good bad or ugly they're talked about that's why they're America's team they're a hot button topic always...

So you hating the Jones family doesn't matter and I'm going to finish with this like I do every one of these topics Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys since 1989 are one of the only franchises with three or more Super Bowls the other two are Kansas City and New England both being talked about that they should be America's team here's the problem you can't take the moniker away because it's already been put on them the Cowboys earned it they kept it and you can't take it away because you feel like it but guess what you're gonna talk about taking it away why because we're America's team...

Let that sink in because it's all true it's a fact and that is why we're still America's team....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cam a washed-up hack, an overrated ex player looking for attention and his use of the Cowboys as content completely destroys his notion, we are no longer Americas team..

ArtClink

Reaction score
And I love being the most negative and miserable fanbase in the NFL. When I was a kid I always wished I could be a part of the biggest group of manbabies in the league. This place is home to me because I get to communicate with the other manbabies who are so miserable with something they are choosing to spend their free time doing.
I think it’s just that some of the fanbase demands excellence because we used to be the gold standard of nfl franchises and now we are Stephan A’s punchlines and deservedly so. I have been a fan a longtime and my first game Insaw on TV was Super Bowl V. Unlike other fans who Jerry has conditioned to lower their bar of expectations, I hold my team to the same standard as the Landry days (20 consecutive winning seasons, two championships) and the Jimmy era where Jimmy built a 3 time champ and Jerry just signed checks.

I‘m glad you happy with the results the past 29 seasons. But don’t crow about being the most profitable when Cowboy fans measure success by deep playoff runs. And profit has nothing to do with being Americas team, since America only loves winners, real winners.

And you might do a search about opinion forums since posters often post their sports opinions here. You’re the one who said being the most profitable makes us America’s team lol. And yes, you might run into a few fans on this forum that are a little disgruntled with the on the field results while the fuhrer uses the same tired methods of micromanagement. To quote the great Michael Scott of The Office, “I thrive in an environment of no accountability“ and that perfectly sums up how the fuhrer feels.

ArtClink

Reaction score
That moniker was given to us and it's never gonna be taken away whether you like it or not I'm saying you're 100% wrong and I'm not even listening to the dumb video I don't read these things I don't listen to any of these videos because they're all hyperbole rhetoric mostly opinions and mostly all wrong...

You know why I know this because the league still gives the Cowboys a maximum amount of prime time games and guess what almost always has the highest ratings of ohh sports that are playing on TV that day including the football games... Like it or not love them or hate them that's why they're America's team they are the hot button this is proof this article itself is proof that people keep talking about the Cowboys even when they shouldn't be talking about the Cowboys...

Literally just about every social media content finds a way to do the six degrees of separation and at least every day they talk about the Cowboys at least once that's every single outlet on the social media bandwagon along with sports on TV you know biggie ESPN all that they find a way to talk about the Cowboys if the calories are no longer relative and no longer America's team and why does it feel like they are not only are they the richest sports franchise getting the highest ratings their own league keeps put them in in prime time and then every single media outlet keeps talking about them every player that becomes available or there's a rumor for a trade what's the first name that comes up?

You know the answer is the Dallas Cowboys every single player that may be available that is available or may come out of retirement the first team the damn media outlets all linked to him is the Dallas Cowboys everybody talks about the Dallas Cowboys as much as they did back in the 70s which by the way they only won two Super Bowls back then I mean they were very winning franchise but they only have two Super Bowl rings in a 30 year. Jerry has three so Jerry still has his team relative because they're still winning 36 games two division titles five out of the last eight years have been to the playoffs and they keep being talked about good bad or ugly they're talked about that's why they're America's team they're a hot button topic always...

So you hating the Jones family doesn't matter and I'm going to finish with this like I do every one of these topics Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys since 1989 are one of the only franchises with three or more Super Bowls the other two are Kansas City and New England both being talked about that they should be America's team here's the problem you can't take the moniker away because it's already been put on them the Cowboys earned it they kept it and you can't take it away because you feel like it but guess what you're gonna talk about taking it away why because we're America's team...

Let that sink in because it's all true it's a fact and that is why we're still America's team....
What do you say to Cowboy fans that are less than thrilled that those three championships Jimmy brought us occurred almost 30 years ago? That’s an eternity in NFL years.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
People for years have said the same, they want to invoke the Stealers, Pats during the SB run, the Egirls and the Chiefs now BUT it always comes back to one team and one team only, the team that hasn’t won a SB since the mid nineties, THE BOYS!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
What do you say to Cowboy fans that are less than thrilled that those three championships Jimmy brought us occurred almost 30 years ago? That’s an eternity in NFL years.
I say that those fans are no concern to me,

I'm a realist I look around the NFL and I see teams that have one championship in 60 years..

I see many have none I saw the Kansas City Chiefs go 52 years between Super Bowl wins,

so it doesn't matter, it actually does matter those 3 championships can't be canceled out, sorry Mr. I'm in the canceled culture era of people who think that they didn't matter,

they matter and by the way it's much as it pains me to say I would rather have they got to some more NFC championship games and lost a Super Bowl but if we're just talking about Super Bowls WINS, I just spelled it out for you...

I mean the 49ers right now supposed to be the big boys on the block when's the last time they won a Super Bowl????! ohh that's right it was 1994 that would be longer, that would be longer than our drought.. I mean there are teams without Super Bowls and many with just one in their entire history the Dallas Cowboys had five and they should be proud of it and Jerry Jones has no one do apologize too for taking this long to circle back because it happens to just about all teams....

BY far longer droughts in the NFL and by far longer droughts in the history of all the other major sports we've seen teams go 100 years with the alleged curses that they had between championships it took the Rangers , our Texas Rangers 52 years to win a single championship and all of a sudden, they're all forgiven?

OH and by the way let me finish what I always finish this let's count up all the championships between the Texas Rangers the stars and The Mavericks you know the other big boys around here you know everyone's saying how hard it is to deal with the drought there's three total championships amongst them, Jerry has three in the same time period by himself?

If you can't use common sense look around, think deeply that you realize that Super Bowls are hard to come by so the three that he achieved will never be taken away and just because there's been a gap what we call a drought it's not even as big as any of the other ones that have been in any of the leagues...

I know everyone's gonna say that the Dallas Cowboys are judged differently the expectations are different I mean you got teams like the Cleveland Browns who hasn't even won a division since what 1996? You have teams that are all associated with each other they have moved and started over like the Houston area what did the Oilers Texans and Titans do over that same. Ohh that's right they have nothing they have not a single Super Bowl between all three I mean yes that's the reality I'll take Jerry 3 any day of the week over the when I look around in the NFL and see that it's definitely not many teams winning Super Bowls it's the ones that hit the dynasty they hit the lottery every now and again it circles back around with a very few sprinkled in of other teams winning it that's why I said there's only three teams with three Super Bowls or more since 1989 and that would be the Kansas City Chiefs the New England Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys which were all at one time a dynasty...

So please don't throw that crap at me it's just not gonna stick I'm tired of hearing about it all teams go through droughts at least we're sitting waiting on number six we're not waiting on number one and we're not waiting on #2 we're waiting on number six and Jerry's waiting on #4 which like I said is more than the entire pro sports landscape in the entire DFW area let that sink in a minute...

Yes we're disappointed yes we're overdue but it's not that big a deal just keep watching or just jump off the damn bandwagon cause I'm tired of hearing the whiners..

ArtClink

Reaction score
The only team with a longer nfc championship appearance draught is Washington. Let that sink in.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Hopefully the Chiefs will not surpass us like the Pats did, when they had none and we were at 5 ships.