Free Agency Rumors Thread

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Give me Melton, and if Donald is gone by #16, trade back and get Dee Ford and an extra 3rd round pick. I can dream, can't I?

Not too shabby!

Melton and Donald would shore up the inside of the DL for the foreseeable future. The DL is the most vital area of Marinelli's defense and I can't find anything wrong with making it scary good.

More likely though would be sign Melton, trade back and get Dee Ford with an additional pick.

Here is what I just wrote in another thread about that:

Look, Selvie plays the WDE position better than he does the SDE spot that he manned last year. He is more than solid against the run and would have probably had more sacks last year over on the weakside than Ware did. He isn't perfect, but he can set the edge all day long.

If Dallas moves back to the latter half of the first round and takes Dee Ford to come in on certain passing downs in place of Selvie, then I couldn't find much fault with that. Ford would get to some QB's, you can bet on that. It would be a platoon just like Seattle used. Nothing wrong with that. Ford could be very valuable in that role until he grows into a starter.

Selvie could move back to the strongside on passing downs, or even inside if they wanted Crawford at the SDE spot.

Ford would offer plenty of versatility on the DL, which is the most vital area of Marinelli's defense. He has rare athleticism for a guy his size, is strong for his size and can run like blue-blazes.

I'd be fine with a trade back for him.

Boys122

Reaction score
I've got no problems signing Melton just as long as his knee holds up.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
fisher just said marinelli wants hatcher over melton.

so I imagine we give a bunch of money to hatcher.

of course he does you cant compare the two players. Hatcher is a young 32. He didnt play a whole lot in his younger years . Sign him to a 3 year deal.

mldardy

Reaction score
Melton just as good as hatcher ? LOL c'mon dude that's ridiculous . Hatcher is a top 3 DT in the game . Wife beater drunk coming off torn acl no thanks .(but I guess he'd get along with Brent if he comes back ) what a joke of a franchise .

Melton has 15 sacks in 5 years wooooo Super Bowl . Hatcher had 12 last year alone .

You act like Hatcher is a perennial Pro Bowler or future HOF. He had a CAREER year last year. There is nothing that points to him being clearly better than Melton.

And LOL at Hatcher being a top 3 DT. Hatcher had a nice year but he ain't that nice.

manster4ever

Reaction score
so now the angst begins over Ware signing with Philly? Gimme a break....don't care if he does. He wasn't a fit here anymore, especially within our 4-3 D' and at his horrendous salary which was completely JJ's fault. SO he had to go one way or the other. Crying over it and hoping he doesn't go to Philthy is pathetic. Grow up.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
so now the angst begins over Ware signing with Philly? Gimme a break....don't care if he does. He wasn't a fit here anymore, especially within our 4-3 D' and at his horrendous salary which was completely JJ's fault. SO he had to go one way or the other. Crying over it and hoping he doesn't go to Philthy is pathetic. Grow up.

It was so terrifying and sad when Emmitt Smith returned to Texas Stadium.