Friend of Dorothy? Michael Strahan's wife speaks in court...

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
She grew up 100 miles north of me.

Michael Strahan appears to have made a tactical retreat from the battlefield of public opinion after his wife's lawyer landed several telling blows in the tabloid press. Maybe Michael will spend less time with inept mouthpiece Ernie Landante and concentrate on rehabbing his pectoral muscle. I was indifferent to the off-field mess until Ralph Vacchiano mentioned that Jean Strahan is from North Dakota. My wife grew up in Bismarck, so I have a soft spot for the women of the North Plains. If Jean fleeces Michael, he probably had it coming.

Are you in SD? I saw this article too. The guy who wrote it has a wife that grew up in Bismarck. I didn't see a mention of where Strahan's wife is from.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
royhitshard said:
I have. And as for Michael, I always thought he was gay. I don't have any proof, nor do I care. JMO. If that is what he likes, more power to him.

Giant's fans probably said the same about Aikman. Interesting how that works sometimes.

DBoys

Reaction score
sacase said:
That would be all well and good if his buddy didn't already say he let him sleep on the couch. Sorry, still sounds fishy, the man is a millionare he can afford his own spot under a pseudoname if needed.

My sentiments exactly. I did talk to a friend who is a big Giants fan. He said she has accused him of a lot of things like beating her and none of it was true. She could be a psycho :)

DLCassidy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
A veteran of the wars I see Cass?

Nah, I've been lucky so far <knock on wood>. But I have SEEN enough of the carnage to know just how funny that question was. If you're over 40 you have to know a few guys that have gone through "scorched earth" divorces. There are a lot of mean guys out there, but when the gloves really come off, my money's usually on the woman to push the plunger.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DBoys said:
All I can say then is you guys should chose your women better.

Words have a way of haunting you sometimes. I hope, for your sake,that these do not come back to do so, for you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Nah, I've been lucky so far <knock on wood>. But I have SEEN enough of the carnage to know just how funny that question was. If you're over 40 you have to know a few guys that have gone through "scorched earth" divorces. There are a lot of mean guys out there, but when the gloves really come off, my money's usually on the woman to push the plunger.

LOL.......

You are wise indeed. What's that old saying about size of the dog in the fight? I agree.

Continued good fortune to you Cass. Sorry to say that I have been through one and it is never a good thing. I have learned over the years not take sides on these kinds of things. It is never easy to tell who is in the right and who is in the wrong. Lines get too blurred. Better to just let it settle itself out and try to stay clear of harms way. JMO of course.

DBoys

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Words have a way of haunting you sometimes. I hope, for your sake,that these do not come back to do so, for you.

You guys replied to fast I deleted the post. I assure you they won't because I don't have to play kid games with other people. There is always a choice when you hurt someone and getting back will only make things worse. So if someone breaks up with me or divorces me it is my choice whether I hurt them any further. Doing so will make things much worse and in the end the effects are justified.

Problem with this day and age is responsibility. Nobody is willing to accept fault therefor they think they are justified in making up excuses or hurting someone else.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DBoys said:
You guys replied to fast I deleted the post. I assure you they won't because I don't have to play kid games with other people. There is always a choice when you hurt someone and getting back will only make things worse. So if someone breaks up with me or divorces me it is my choice whether I hurt them any further. Doing so will make things much worse and in the end the effects are justified.

Seems very clear from the outside looking in sometimes. Good luck to you my friend.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
LOL.......

You are wise indeed. What's that old saying about size of the dog in the fight? I agree.

Continued good fortune to you Cass. Sorry to say that I have been through one and it is never a good thing. I have learned over the years not take sides on these kinds of things. It is never easy to tell who is in the right and who is in the wrong. Lines get too blurred. Better to just let it settle itself out and try to stay clear of harms way. JMO of course.

Thanks much- I'm very happily married but I count my chickens one year at a time anyway, it's a crazy world we live in. What you say sounds right to me. I've got a friend whose divorce was so amicable you wonder why they even got divorced. But from what I've observed the other side of the coin is like looking in at the belly of the beast. A really bad divorce can be rougher on the parties than the death of a close relative. And that old saying about "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"? It ain't no joke. Welcome to hell Mike Strahan.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Thanks much- I'm very happily married but I count my chickens one year at a time anyway, it's a crazy world we live in. What you say sounds right to me. I've got a friend whose divorce was so amicable you wonder why they even got divorced. But from what I've observed the other side of the coin is like looking in at the belly of the beast. A really bad divorce can be rougher on the parties than the death of a close relative. And that old saying about "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"? It ain't no joke. Welcome to hell Mike Strahan.

It appears to me you just needed to control your woman.:cool:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Welcome to hell Mike Strahan.

LOL......

I imagine they've saved him a seat alright.

Sucks to be Mike right now, I'm sure.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
DBoys said:

Problem with this day and age is responsibility. Nobody is willing to accept fault therefor they think they are justified in making up excuses or hurting someone else.

spouse A: Why won't you just take responsibility for what you've done?

spouse B: How can I take responsibility when it's all your fault?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
LOL......

I imagine they've saved him a seat alright.

Sucks to be Mike right now, I'm sure.

True. But he regroups a bit on the 1st and the 15th.:laugh1:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Control a woman?:laugh1:

:laugh1:

I have always liked that comment.

"You need to control your woman."

All that means is I need to delude myself that I have her under control? So that's how that works.