Friend of Dorothy? Michael Strahan's wife speaks in court...

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
My friends may desert me, parents may write me out of their will, my kids may disown me, my boss may fire me this afternoon, but I guarantee my wife and I will always be together.

I'd bet my life on it, ... literally.

She was 16 and I was 17, I am 52 now.

She is part of me.

Sounds corny, but that is the truth of it.

I have gone through bad things, and will go through more I am sure, but divorce will not be one of them.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Alexander said:
:laugh1:

I have always liked that comment.

"You need to control your woman."

All that means is I need to delude myself that I have her under control? So that's how that works.

ANybody watch the tv show "Yes Dear"?

There was an episode where the main guy character educates the other main guy character about taking a dive when his wife gets into an argument.

So funny.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Alexander said:

All that means is I need to delude myself that I have her under control? So that's how that works.

It's kinda like a leash with an unlimited cord.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
My friends may desert me, parents may write me out of their will, my kids may disown me, my boss may fire me this afternoon, but I guarantee my wife and I will always be together.

I'd bet my life on it, ... literally.

She was 16 and I was 17, I am 52 now.

She is part of me.

Sounds corny, but that is the truth of it.

I have gone through bad things, and will go through more I am sure, but divorce will not be one of them.

Hear hear bro, I understand completely. I'm 26 but I've been married to my wife since I was 19. She is 7 years older than me, but we are still going strong. I know we will not get divorced either.

Stable marriages are hard to come by more and more these days. A friend of mine I know (Who went through a rather bad divorce) blames it on the "femi-****" (his words) movement and the "womanizing of men since the feminist movement began." (Again, his words.)

DLCassidy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I think it depends on which side of the check your on.

:laugh2:

No doubt about that. I was just talking with the wife of a friend who is going through a divorce at a graduation party (naturally he wasn't there) and she delighted in talking about how she plans to redecorate the house the way "she" wants now. If she didn't have a cocktail the venom would have been dripping down her chin.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Hear hear bro, I understand completely. I'm 26 but I've been married to my wife since I was 19. She is 7 years older than me, but we are still going strong. I know we will not get divorced either.

Stable marriages are hard to come by more and more these days. A friend of mine I know (Who went through a rather bad divorce) blames it on the "femi-****" (his words) movement and the "womanizing of men since the feminist movement began." (Again, his words.)
I, myself, feel that men are not fulfulling the role that God intended for them to fill within the marriage.

Not in all cases I am sure, but many men aren't manning up and being the spiritual head of the household.

No surprise when those marriages hit hard times.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
No doubt about that. I was just talking with the wife of a friend who is going through a divorce at a graduation party (naturally he wasn't there) and she delighted in talking about how she plans to redecorate the house the way "she" wants now. If she didn't have a cocktail the venom would have been dripping down her chin.

Yeah, it's an amazing thing to behold. Unfortunate is all I can say. All you can do is hope that there are no children involved.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
All you can do is hope that there are no children involved.
Divorce is a terrible thing, and everybody involved are affected negatively, but you are right, the children take a pounding when parents split apart.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Divorce is a terrible thing, and everybody involved are affected negatively, but you are right, the children take a pounding when parents split apart.

Especially when the petty parents use the children as tools.

I see it happening all the time.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Yeah, it's an amazing thing to behold. Unfortunate is all I can say. All you can do is hope that there are no children involved.

Again very true. It's truly sickening when you see kids being used as pawns in a permanent game of "gotcha". Ok, that's enough depression for me. One final comment on the thread topic: I don't know and I don't care either way whether Strahan is gay but the fact that his embittered and soon to be ex is lobbing that particular grenade makes me skeptical.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
40year_old_virgin2.jpg

"Know how I know you're gay? You have Gaydar."

:p:

DBoys

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
spouse A: Why won't you just take responsibility for what you've done?

spouse B: How can I take responsibility when it's all your fault?

:lmao2: :lmao2:

DBoys

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I, myself, feel that men are not fulfulling the role that God intended for them to fill within the marriage.

Not in all cases I am sure, but many men aren't manning up and being the spiritual head of the household.

No surprise when those marriages hit hard times.

Yeppers!

People are so afraid of talking to someone and telling them the truth. If there is no communication there is a bunch of misinterpretations going on. Sounds like you have a very healthy line of communication with your wife!

Without it the marriage is dead.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Yeppers!

People are so afraid of talking to someone and telling them the truth. If there is no communication there is a bunch of misinterpretations going on. Sounds like you have a very healthy line of communication with your wife!

Sometimes it depends on what you comunnicate...lol

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Alexander said:

Well in my case, My Wife wants me to believe that I completely control her. Yet strangely I can never get her to do the right thing :D

But its true, A man cannot control a Woman neither can a Woman control a man. YOu can pretend to though ;)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Yeppers!

I can't explain why my marriage is like it is for us, or how we got to this point, other than we are crazy about each other.

Neither of us are perfect, (well she may be) but both of us have learned to overlook the little things I guess.

Plus we have followed God's principle's over the years for the marriage relationship.

I consider a 35 yr relationship a great performance, and like some athletes when asked about their recent great performance, they give God the glory, ... so do we.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
But its true, A man cannot control a Woman neither can a Woman control a man. YOu can pretend to though ;)

Oh, I don't know about that.

Men are simple creatures and are quite capable of being controlled if certain basic requirements are met.