FWST Blog: Witten: Romo is a leader

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
clutch88;3918119 said:
Or maybe waiting too long for "his" guy to get open rather than checking down...Or maybe Aikman had a better ability to find the open receiver quickly rather than wait for "his" guy to get open.
Who are you referring to here?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
clutch88;3918211 said:
Excuse after excuse...lol.
I will take that as a no. The actual entire interview is available for education purposes.

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3918240 said:
I will take that as a no. The actual entire interview is available for education purposes.
As a matter of fact i saw the press confrence after the eagles playoff blowout...but feel free to reprint the entire interview if you need to. That interview told me all i need to know about Tony "CHOKEMO"...but you keep drinking the Kool Aid buddy.;)

birdwells1

Reaction score
Hostile;3917830 said:
Even if Tony wins one this crap will not go away. I'd bet my good knee on it.

If Romo wins a SB he doesn't get immunity from criticism but it buys him the benefit of the doubt. All the golfing tournament that some complain about will subside, most of the people critical of his leadership will back off. Winning a SB doesn't give you a lifetime pass from criticism nor should it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
clutch88;3918328 said:
As a matter of fact i saw the press confrence after the eagles playoff blowout...but feel free to reprint the entire interview if you need to. That interview told me all i need to know about Tony "CHOKEMO"...but you keep drinking the Kool Aid buddy.;)

301 posts since 2009, nothing really ever good said about the Cowboys. Every post usually slams a Cowboy player...it's the off season.

I do believe you are probably a Commander troll, an eagle troll, or some other team troll...because you know nothing about the Cowboys.
:rolleyes:

I do give you credit for sticking to the guidelines here, but, the clock is ticking.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Hostile;3918161 said:
Just a sneaking suspicion, but you have no idea of the rest of that interview and the context that was said in.

Yeah, I had no problem with Romo saying that, because it's the TRUTH. I lost my mom when I was 12 years old. A playoff loss is nothing compared to real life tragedies. Geez, I'd easily trade a playoff win for my mom to be alive right now. Anybody that can't understand what Romo was saying in that quote is an idiot.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
clutch88;3918328 said:
No, you saw the clip. There is a huge difference in the clip and the entire interview taken in context which was never aired.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
clutch88;3918211 said:
Excuse after excuse...lol.

An excuse is saying that what you are saying is true but he should be excused for it.

He is saying that you do not know what you are talking about.

Seems he is right.

wareyourheadat

Reaction score
Primetime42;3916837 said:
Stop. Stop. Just stop. Lock the thread before it gets out of hand. I'm getting sick of reading the drivel about what he supposedly is and isn't. Enough is enough already.

agreed

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
birdwells1;3918333 said:
If Romo wins a SB he doesn't get immunity from criticism but it buys him the benefit of the doubt. All the golfing tournament that some complain about will subside, most of the people critical of his leadership will back off. Winning a SB doesn't give you a lifetime pass from criticism nor should it.
I'm not talking about warranted criticism. I'm talking about the stupid witch hunt.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Tony lead the Cowboys to their first playoff win just two seasons ago. Had a shortened season due to injury and now he is under a ton of fire from fans.

I miss Romo. I can’t wait to see him play again. You would think others would feel the same way? No, it’s the same tired arguments we heard before Romo won a playoff game. The monkey has somehow jumped back on.

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;3918338 said:
301 posts since 2009, nothing really ever good said about the Cowboys. Every post usually slams a Cowboy player...it's the off season.

I do believe you are probably a Commander troll, an eagle troll, or some other team troll...because you know nothing about the Cowboys.
:rolleyes:

I do give you credit for sticking to the guidelines here, but, the clock is ticking.
Dude im a cowboys fan all day and you know what you can due with that clock is "ticking" talk.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hostile;3917830 said:
Even if Tony wins one this crap will not go away. I'd bet my good knee on it.

What bet did you lose that caused you to have a bad knee?

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
clutch88;3918328 said:

Tell me: how hard is it to be a Cowboys fan while rooting against Romo?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
clutch88;3918328 said:

Troy Aikman - “Losing doesn't eat at me the way it used to. I just get ready for the next play, the next game, the next season.”

birdwells1

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;3918387 said:
Tony lead the Cowboys to their first playoff win just two seasons ago. Had a shortened season due to injury and now he is under a ton of fire from fans.

I miss Romo. I can’t wait to see him play again. You would think others would feel the same way? No, it’s the same tired arguments we heard before Romo won a playoff game. The monkey has somehow jumped back on.

So the monkey should be off? So if romo never goes any farther the would you label his career a success? If your answer is yes the I say my how the mighty have fallen. If the answer is no then you agree that the pressure is still on him. If this team would have went to the nfc championship led by romo then it may have been different but since we regressed the monkeys back.

birdwells1

Reaction score
zrinkill;3918481 said:
Troy Aikman - “Losing doesn't eat at me the way it used to. I just get ready for the next play, the next game, the next season.”

Was this before or after the 3 Super Bowls? Because you do know that it makes a difference.