FWST Blog: Witten: Romo is a leader

Primetime42

Reaction score
Idgit;3917489 said:
Who knew this thread would turn out stupid?

:rolleyes:

Primetime42;3916837 said:
Stop. Stop. Just stop. Lock the thread before it gets out of hand. I'm getting sick of reading the drivel about what he supposedly is and isn't. Enough is enough already.

:(

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Anyone else as sick of reading these stupid threads as i am?

You guys all take the bait everytime too. Any thread about Tony is automatically a 200 post argument about whether he is a good leader, a great leader, or not a leader at all.. enough already.

Shame on you Woody.. lol.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3917606 said:
Anyone else as sick of reading these stupid threads as i am?

You guys all take the bait everytime too. Any thread about Tony is automatically a 200 post argument about whether he is a good leader, a great leader, or not a leader at all.. enough already.

Shame on you Woody.. lol.

I hear you..its like the who is better Romo or Rodgers threads..oh wait, there is no debate...zing

Suave

Reaction score
The Emperor;3917585 said:
I'm the same way. I don't know if Tony Romo has a weakness, but I acknowledge when he makes a mistake. Like, for instance, he DID cost us the Steelers game. Let's not make any mistake about that.

If there is any "weakness" I can honestly assess of Romo's game, it is that he is a little too instinctive at times, or he tries to make something out of nothing which has led to turnovers. However, I think Romo has improved on his decision-making. Over the past two seasons, I will say that a good portion of his interceptions were passes deflected off the hand of the intended receiver, so that is not necessarily Romo's fault.

Romo is not as wildly erratic as he used to be, but he is known for his "gunslinging" mentality, which can be a gift and a curse.

Honestly, I don't know how Romo's teammates (as a whole) really feel about him. Of course, Witten has come out to defend Romo, and Bennett made statements which may cause one to believe he does not fully believe in Romo, but I am curious to know how the consensus feels about him. I suppose we will really know how much they respect him if he successful at orchestrating off-season workouts.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Suave;3917616 said:
I suppose we will really know how much they respect him if he successful at orchestrating off-season workouts.

Do you really think that's a good barometer for how respected he is amongst his teammates? Come on now..

Suave

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3917623 said:
Do you really think that's a good barometer for how respected he is amongst his teammates? Come on now..

I most certainly do; do you have a problem with that?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Suave;3917632 said:
I most certainly do; do you have a problem with that?

I think its a little misguided is all.

Too many variables to try and simply say,

"If people show up to the workouts, that means they respect Tony. If they don't, they must not respect him."

Its not just Tony organizing the workouts, remember. Plus, guys will all most likely come just to be good teammates. Most care about their teammates and how they themselves are viewed by their peers.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
The Emperor;3917643 said:
Just put him on ignore. The board's IQ goes up 10 points when you do.

Again.. anything i just said that you disagree with? Or do you just like to run your mouth about people you know nothing about?

Lets stick to the discussion.. its no wonder these threads go on so long with people like you chiming in with these types of posts.

The Grim Reaper

Benched
Reaction score
0.jpg

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3917335 said:
again, i dont have a problem with him doing one, but if its cutting into him getting the team ready for a practice facility

or let me ask this another way,

if im a player, and i know romo has been out playing golf but he wants me to come in and work out as a group, why should i when he has been out playing golf or whatever

and didnt ware just say we need to corrall the players and find a facility to work together as a whole team unit and be ready, something like that?

get my point now? :starspin

How about a super bowl winning QB? Or a 3-time super bowl winning coach?? Oh, I'm sure the Saints and Patriots are really pissed off now. Check out who else was at the AT&T pro-am. Why are they playing golf when they should be preparing for the next season??? I guess they don't buy into to your ideology that football is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

http://www.attpbgolf.com/players/celebrities.php

birdwells1

Reaction score
jswalker1981;3917814 said:
How about a super bowl winning QB? Or a 3-time super bowl winning coach?? Oh, I'm sure the Saints and Patriots are really pissed off now. Check out who else was at the AT&T pro-am. Why are they playing golf when they should be preparing for the next season??? I guess they don't buy into to your ideology that football is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

http://www.attpbgolf.com/players/celebrities.php

Once you win the Big One you can do things that others can't. I remember Brady went to New York with Gissell (sp?) before a playoff game and someone commented that Boston to NY is no different that Dallas to Cabo so why wasn't Brady being criticized? The reason is Super Bowls wins give you a pass to a certain extent, after you've accomplished the ultimate the questions of can you do it goes away.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
birdwells1;3917824 said:
Once you win the Big One you can do things that others can't. I remember Brady went to New York with Gissell (sp?) before a playoff game and someone commented that Boston to NY is no different that Dallas to Cabo so why wasn't Brady being criticized? The reason is Super Bowls wins give you a pass to a certain extent, after you've accomplished the ultimate the questions of can you do it goes away.
Even if Tony wins one this crap will not go away. I'd bet my good knee on it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3917830 said:
Even if Tony wins one this crap will not go away. I'd bet my good knee on it.
There's no need to bet anything. It's been proven for decades.

Red Dragon thread on the subject was spot on. What I don't understand is why some can't simply say, "Romo will never get away with it for <insert reason>"?

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
Most of you on this forum act like Romo is a Hall of Famer lol....so, tell me what has he really accomplished..? Oh i know he has STATS, he has more golf tournament wins than playoff wins...he date's actors and country music singers, he also famously said:"..if a playoff loss is the worst thing to happen to me, then i have a great life..", or something close to that. Yeah, that's LEADER folks.:)

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
For all the Pro-Romos out there, some of you (not all mind you) are giving Romo excuses and a crutch. For the arguments about Aikman having a great line and Romo having one that is suspect, have you thought that maybe part of that is the QB making bad pre-snap decisions? Or maybe waiting too long for "his" guy to get open rather than checking down, or seeing the entire field and finding another target? Yes, Aikman had a great line. So does that mean Emmitt wasn't a great RB because he just had this awesome line? I don't recall any of the back up RBs stepping in and doing what Emmitt did with that same line. I think part of it was having a talented line and having a RB that read the defense and knew what hole to hit. Before discrediting Aikman's abilities because of his line, have you thought that maybe Aikman made that line great by his pre-snap reads and making adjustments? Or maybe Aikman had a better ability to find the open receiver quickly rather than wait for "his" guy to get open.

BTW, the season can't get here soon enough for me. GO BOYS!:starspin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
clutch88;3918081 said:
Most of you on this forum act like Romo is a Hall of Famer lol....so, tell me what has he really accomplished..? Oh i know he has STATS, he has more golf tournament wins than playoff wins...he date's actors and country music singers, he also famously said:"..if a playoff loss is the worst thing to happen to me, then i have a great life..", or something close to that. Yeah, that's LEADER folks.:)
Just a sneaking suspicion, but you have no idea of the rest of that interview and the context that was said in.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
clutch88;3918119 said:
For all the Pro-Romos out there, some of you (not all mind you) are giving Romo excuses and a crutch. For the arguments about Aikman having a great line and Romo having one that is suspect, have you thought that maybe part of that is the QB making bad pre-snap decisions? Or maybe waiting too long for "his" guy to get open rather than checking down, or seeing the entire field and finding another target? Yes, Aikman had a great line. So does that mean Emmitt wasn't a great RB because he just had this awesome line? I don't recall any of the back up RBs stepping in and doing what Emmitt did with that same line. I think part of it was having a talented line and having a RB that read the defense and knew what hole to hit. Before discrediting Aikman's abilities because of his line, have you thought that maybe Aikman made that line great by his pre-snap reads and making adjustments? Or maybe Aikman had a better ability to find the open receiver quickly rather than wait for "his" guy to get open.

BTW, the season can't get here soon enough for me. GO BOYS!:starspin
Just when I thought the topic couldn't get any sillier.

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3918161 said:
Just a sneaking suspicion, but you have no idea of the rest of that interview and the context that was said in.
Excuse after excuse...lol.