Game of Thrones: Season 2

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4553467 said:
I suppose that makes sense but the numbers just frustrate me, if Robb Starkk is marching around with about 100,000 people it just seems illogical that Theon and 50 people can take over the castle. Also the fact that when you had Bran yield the city to Theon the scene had like 30 people and it was very anti-climatic.

I can assure you it happens much the same in the book. Winterfell has no known enemies around it, and the garrison left behind is lured out. I don't think Theon even has 50 people in the books. Just like the books, he shows up, and makes Bran yield the castle. It is fairly anti-climatic.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I thought the episode last week was very strong, but this one this week just had me shaking my head.

The whole scene with Arya, Tywin and Littlefinger was an absurd and pointless departure from the text.

I understand it's Hollywood, but the actress playing Ygritte is way too "pretty" for her character. And as mentioned earlier here, the scenes of her and Jon are all wrong.

And then the ending with Dany and the Dragons is just nonsense.

I really want to give this second season a chance but they're making it difficult. I love these characters so much, it's tough watching them *******ized like this.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4553081 said:
The little midget dude getting ready to have sex with the prostitute, though I don't recall there actually being any sex in that scene, adds what exactly? That a midget dude has sex?

Pointless stuff. To me anyway.

Not pointless at all. That is the character Tyrion. That is the way he is in the books so that is the way he is portrayed in the show.

You should probably just give up watching it. You already seem to have formed an extremely negative view about the show due to the sex scenes to the point that you can't see the quality of the acting and story-line. I promise you. It's not going to get better as the sex scenes will continue.

I've got to admit though. I've never seen someone so turned off by sex scenes except god fearing holy-roller extremist. I don't see you as one of those, so I can't figure out why you are so much against them.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;4553081 said:
The ones in the first couple of episodes I've seen were absolutely pointless.

What exactly did the scene add to the story when the Barbarian dude bent his wife over to have sex with her? To show that they were having sex and she didn't really want to? I already knew that when she told her brother she really didn't want to marry him.

There is more than it just being her not wanting to. It was not a marriage of love it was a marriage of trade so there was no love in it for either partner. Also to be noted that he had sex with her in a certain style because the people are part of a horse culture. Later she makes him face her and that is when the relationship becomes more than just a trade but blossoms into a love relationship. So there are reasons for it.

BHF said:
The little midget dude getting ready to have sex with the prostitute, though I don't recall there actually being any sex in that scene, adds what exactly? That a midget dude has sex?

It is part of his character and if you read the books, or wait till later in the show you will understand it. You will understand what happened with his first love and wife and how that shaped him. You will also understand that tells Jon Snow that instead of letting people hurt you by denying your condition (dwarf or illegitimate child) that you should own it so they know it does not hurt you. He takes that a step further and sense he is already seen as a freak he augments it to being a pervert and a man that drinks a great deal. Later in the books and shows he also starts to fall in love again and it winds up being something that happens again that will further probably guide him to remain a person that drinks and lays with prostitutes. It really does fit his character and you will realize that later.

bhf said:
Pointless stuff. To me anyway.

Now there was one sex scene in the first episode that was necassary as it added to the story and progressed it along and thats when the good guys son catches the brother and sister having sex. Which was...yuck. Brother and sister? Damn.

They gave you the storyline progressing of them being in love, him hurting the guys son, and obviously gave you something to think about hte consequences of going forward if the good guy finds out.

But again I do understand that some people will find that as a draw or it will add something to the show or story for them. I'm just not sure what it's supposed to add and just seemed very random and pointless to me, save that one scene I mentioned earlier.

Oddly enough there was a scene that you did not mention that was shown in the show that really did not need to happen...that was Theon with the prostitute. Although parts of that were in the book they augmented it later in the show when he was chasing down the wagon she was on while she was leaving town and that was not in the books that I remember.

So the show does have some sex in it just for the sake of sex but more often than not it does play a role in the specific characters.

If sex or nudity in shows bothers you I would suggest you not watch that and many other series on the movie channels as many times they do show a great deal of nudity and sex.

Hope that helps.:cool:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Reality;4553241 said:
I agree in general that the sex scenes are very explicit and well beyond what is necessary to tell the story. I am sure the (tv show) writers have focused on those scenes as a way to draw in potential viewers that would otherwise not care for the show. That being said, I do believe they serve a purpose and that is to show the brutality and barbarity of that time. They do the same thing with explicit violence but non-stop violence wears on viewers eventually.

The tv show is okay but it is not a great story in my opinion. I have not read the books, though I just recently bought the first two and plan to start reading them in a few days. I suspect the books will provide a better story line with a better progression system with details that are just too mundane for the time allocated to tv shows. The tv show is good in that it is better than most other tv shows currently airing but the story feels unbearably slow some times and at other times jumps around too quickly between locations.

#reality

Yeah I'm slowly starting to like the show more. It's not the best thing I've ever seen but I'm starting to like the show more.

Sam I Am;4553900 said:
Not pointless at all. That is the character Tyrion. That is the way he is in the books so that is the way he is portrayed in the show.

You should probably just give up watching it. You already seem to have formed an extremely negative view about the show due to the sex scenes to the point that you can't see the quality of the acting and story-line. I promise you. It's not going to get better as the sex scenes will continue.

I've got to admit though. I've never seen someone so turned off by sex scenes except god fearing holy-roller extremist. I don't see you as one of those, so I can't figure out why you are so much against them.

It's not a turn off or something have anything against anyone doing for their shows or movies, or that anyone enjoys watching it, it just doesn't seem necassary to me and that sort of thing just sorta bogs the show down to me.

It's just a meh situation to me. It's not something I'm personally offended by.

That said I'm starting to like the show a little more now. Having watched a few more episodes it's allowed to like certain characters and really dislike others.

BrAinPaiNt;4553952 said:
There is more than it just being her not wanting to. It was not a marriage of love it was a marriage of trade so there was no love in it for either partner. Also to be noted that he had sex with her in a certain style because the people are part of a horse culture. Later she makes him face her and that is when the relationship becomes more than just a trade but blossoms into a love relationship. So there are reasons for it.

It is part of his character and if you read the books, or wait till later in the show you will understand it. You will understand what happened with his first love and wife and how that shaped him. You will also understand that tells Jon Snow that instead of letting people hurt you by denying your condition (dwarf or illegitimate child) that you should own it so they know it does not hurt you. He takes that a step further and sense he is already seen as a freak he augments it to being a pervert and a man that drinks a great deal. Later in the books and shows he also starts to fall in love again and it winds up being something that happens again that will further probably guide him to remain a person that drinks and lays with prostitutes. It really does fit his character and you will realize that later.

Oddly enough there was a scene that you did not mention that was shown in the show that really did not need to happen...that was Theon with the prostitute. Although parts of that were in the book they augmented it later in the show when he was chasing down the wagon she was on while she was leaving town and that was not in the books that I remember.

So the show does have some sex in it just for the sake of sex but more often than not it does play a role in the specific characters.

If sex or nudity in shows bothers you I would suggest you not watch that and many other series on the movie channels as many times they do show a great deal of nudity and sex.

Hope that helps.:cool:

Again doesn't bother me. Just seemed really dumb and pointless. To each their own on that stuff. I don't begrudge anyone liking the scenes, or the use of them, or the people who put them in there.

For me it's just like you're going along in the show and then all the sudden you're "Oh. Another sex scene. Wow. Great."

Nothing more. It's not a bothered thing just a "Geez, again?" thing.

But I am starting to like the show more. I'm now to the point where the main King has died and I'm pretty sure his ***** of a wife, and her sorry son, are going to conspire to have the owner of the ***** house double cross Ned and kill him.

Just the feeling I have going in to.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4555336 said:
That said I'm starting to like the show a little more now. Having watched a few more episodes it's allowed to like certain characters and really dislike others.

That's good! GRRM has created some awesome characters and HBO has done a hell of a job casting them. Some of the castings are so spot on it's crazy. (Eddard, Arya, Imp, Catelyn, Joffrey, Cersei, I could go on and on)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4555353 said:
That's good! GRRM has created some awesome characters and HBO has done a hell of a job casting them. Some of the castings are so spot on it's crazy. (Eddard, Arya, Imp, Catelyn, Joffrey, Cersei, I could go on and on)

Yeah I kinda wish I'd read the books now. I'd never heard of the stuff before a couple weeks ago when my wife started talking about it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Enjoyed the latest episode, but the ending was very distrubing.
What's new I guess, as they tend to end each episode in shocking fashion.
Two more to go.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DFWJC;4560775 said:
Two more to go.

They really need more than 13 episodes per season

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DFWJC;4560775 said:
Two more to go.

Where is the carpet? :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4560792 said:

Season, smeashon. They need to just keep going every week until they've completely caught up with the books. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4560797 said:
Season, smeashon. They need to just keep going every week until they've completely caught up with the books. :D

There are just too many story lines for 13 episodes

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4560792 said:

13? According to IMDB it's only 10 episodes this season (and it was only 10 last season as well).

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4560873 said:
13? According to IMDB it's only 10 episodes this season (and it was only 10 last season as well).

Is it only 10? I haven't checked. Usually HBO series run 13.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Yeah, it's 10 per season.

But rejoice, Book 3 is going to be split into 2 seasons! At least this way they wont' have to trim so much fat.

Last nights episode was great. They fixed my problem with Tywin not immediately realizing Arya is highborn, even though they gave him lines from Roose Bolton in Dance with Dragons to do it.

Ygritte is fantastic.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I was watching the show last night...I was thinking, man for those that have not read the books it must be pretty wild not knowing what is going to happen in a couple of cases.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4561140 said:
As I was watching the show last night...I was thinking, man for those that have not read the books it must be pretty wild not knowing what is going to happen in a couple of cases.

True enough.

Though as a book reader I'd certainly like to know what the heck is going on in Qarth! =p

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;4561229 said:
True enough.

Though as a book reader I'd certainly like to know what the heck is going on in Qarth! =p

As a book reader I'm noticing a significant lack of children in the north.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
DFWJC;4560775 said:
Two more to go.
I see three left on imdb.