Game of Thrones: Season 4 *spoilers*

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
ONLY YOUR SISTER!

Episode was really good. LOVED some of the dialogue in this one.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I wanted "Only Cat"...:(

Fantastic episode though. Also still wish they would've kept the original Mountain, but this guy is definitely better than season 2's.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I wanted "Only Cat"...:(

Fantastic episode though. Also still wish they would've kept the original Mountain, but this guy is definitely better than season 2's.

Yeah I wanted only Cat too, but honestly the show hasn't really built up her nickname. Just one of those moves made to keep "casual" viewers in the loop.

Conan Stevens (Season 1) WAS THE MOUNTAIN! He was absolutely perfect for the role. He unfortunately refused to be in Season 2 due to filming in The Hobbit, and however it happened, happened in a way to make the Producers refuse to bring him back.
Whoever played him on Season 2 was so terrible I would have rather the Mountain only be mentioned and never actually seen.

This guy is fine. He's big enough for sure, and certainly better than that tall toothpick from season 2, but he doesn't look nearly as angry. My biggest gripe with the new guy is he is so obviously much younger than his younger brother, The Hound =p

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Yeah I wanted only Cat too, but honestly the show hasn't really built up her nickname. Just one of those moves made to keep "casual" viewers in the loop.

Conan Stevens (Season 1) WAS THE MOUNTAIN! He was absolutely perfect for the role. He unfortunately refused to be in Season 2 due to filming in The Hobbit, and however it happened, happened in a way to make the Producers refuse to bring him back.
Whoever played him on Season 2 was so terrible I would have rather the Mountain only be mentioned and never actually seen.

This guy is fine. He's big enough for sure, and certainly better than that tall toothpick from season 2, but he doesn't look nearly as angry. My biggest gripe with the new guy is he is so obviously much younger than his younger brother, The Hound =p

The original mountain also went on to do Spartacus.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're all caught up on "Game Of Thrones," you're now familiar with the man they call "The Mountain."

Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane is played by Hafthor Bjornsson, who, when not slaying peasants for fun on premium cable, makes a living as a competitive weightlifter in his native Iceland.

The 6-foot-9, 419-pound Bjornsson looks like a CGI creation. See for yourself:

Read more http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ce-flirted-with-signing-game-of-thrones-giant

Article says that the Colts thought about signing him.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
If you're all caught up on "Game Of Thrones," you're now familiar with the man they call "The Mountain."

Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane is played by Hafthor Bjornsson, who, when not slaying peasants for fun on premium cable, makes a living as a competitive weightlifter in his native Iceland.

The 6-foot-9, 419-pound Bjornsson looks like a CGI creation. See for yourself:

Read more http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ce-flirted-with-signing-game-of-thrones-giant

Article says that the Colts thought about signing him.

Man, that is a big dude in real life! I thought maybe they had him on a stool or something when he had the scene with Cersei! :eek:

ethiostar

Reaction score
So, is the season over or what? How come there was no new episode this weekend?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Was there an episode this past Sunday night (before Memorial Day)?
If so, for some reason, my DVR, for the first time, didn't record it.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
There was no episode this week due to Memorial day.

It'll return next week with a very big event :)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
There was no episode this week due to Memorial day.

It'll return next week with a very big event :)

Haha, someone told me on another forum that even saying something like, "something is going to happen this week," is a spoiler. I told them that I may was well spoil the entire series for them because something was going to happen in every episode.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha, someone told me on another forum that even saying something like, "something is going to happen this week," is a spoiler. I told them that I may was well spoil the entire series for them because something was going to happen in every episode.

Just read the title for the next episode and it should be epic... Just hope it is true the book or better. Plus I keep waiting for the toilet scene, which I hope the squeeze in in the finale

Szczepanik

Reaction score
This season has the most deaths in it by far. *Significant deaths that is*

I am saddened by the outcome of the fight. I kind of had a feeling it would end this way based on how the writing of this show tends to be. I have not read the books, so it always comes as surprise.

I loved Oberyn's acting and was looking forward to more of him in future. He was one slick cat.

The guy that played the Mountain is huge! It kind of took away the significance and dramatic feeling of the fight though because he was recasted SO MANY TIMES.

I felt that if he never got recasted, the fight would of felt so much more dramatic than it came out to be. Hard to be emotionally involved into the Mountain when he has been replaced a few times.

Not his fault though.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
They did an amazing job putting the duel on screen.

Very surprised at how well it came out...and how hideous and sickening it was to hear the teeth fall out before having his eyes popped.

Craig

Reaction score
The recasting has an interesting effect for me because he appears so rarely in the books that to me he may as well be several different characters. That was a well translated scene, i was shocked thT it didnt disappoint.