Game of Thrones Season 5 ***spoilers***

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I wonder if the others folks who have read the books found last night as amazing as I did. So many things I have wanted to happen for years with the White Walkers and Tyrion/Dany and they came to pass in one fantastic episode.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After this episode, I'm assuming the twin swords Tywin Lannister commissioned will play an important role in the fate of the White Walker war?

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
After this episode, I'm assuming the twin swords Tywin Lannister commissioned will play an important role in the fate of the White Walker war?

I'm glad you mentioned that. Widow's wall is with Tommen, Oathkeeper is with Brienne, and there is still that dagger that little finger attempted to assassinate Bran with. Not to mention Valyria itself, home of the "Doom", may house some hidden dragon steel.

Game of thrones is such a sophisticated puzzle, you get payoffs if you're patient, and are willing to follow the numerous storylines closely. The show would be far less interesting if every week there was something crazy going on... you would be desensitized.

I love that the threat is now real to many, and that the king White Walker recognized some level of resistance.. The war in the North will escalate quickly.

Quote of the week "Belief is so often the death of reason."
Qyburn to Cersei

Edit: Sam will most definitely be heading south now...Sansa's strength is starting to emerge

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was the White Walker that Jon killed Benjen Stark? Sure looked like him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I doubt it.

I mean, I guess I don't know the political hierarchy of a White Walker army, lol, but that seems like quite a stretch to me. If there was a resemblance, I bet it is just to get people thinking about it, but I didn't really see it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ahh the great mystery of Benjen Stark.

I don't think the books every mentioned Benjen after the initial book and everyone thinks this or that white walker could be Benjen...and who knows they might be right.

Of all of the characters, at least in the book, I think the white walker (if it was a white walker) that helped Brandon would have been Benjen.

I wonder if we will ever know or if Benjen will just be a guy that went out and died and was never heard or seen again. I think there was even one scene from last season where it looked like the found some stuff that might have been from a crow (might have been where they found the dragon glass).

The whole Benjen thing reminds me of the Russian from the Pine Barrens that was shot but never seen again in the Sopranos...a few seasons later they kind of do a one liner that if he was alive they would have known by now but that was how they left it...might be how they leave the Benjen thing unless there is something I am forgetting.

honyock

Reaction score
Well, the Tyrion tonight was Tyrion at his best, I think.
As long as it took them to finally meet, that Tyrion/Dany dynamic looks like it's going to be great. After seeing that, it made it even more obvious how Tyrion's skills were just utterly wasted on his own family.

And I agree, that episode was brilliant.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
-Cersei Lannister

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
four%20horsemen.jpg

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
It was at this point in the series(ok maybe when Ned beheaded the guy on episode 1) I realized, "Man, I definitely wouldn't be cut out for that world." Jon ran towards them, whereas I would have jumped on the boat and headed for those ships like
6a00d8341cb36153ef019aff422b8c970c-320wi

lol

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Crazy episode!

I knew Valerian steel was going to play a big part in killing the white walkers. Now the question is, where do they get enough of it and dragon glass to actually fight back effectively. My guess is that at some point they'll have to rely on Dannys dragons to save the day. I mean even if they make a stand at the wall with the southern kings they need more help, especially without enough dragon glass/ dragon steel.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Crazy episode!

I knew Valerian steel was going to play a big part in killing the white walkers. Now the question is, where do they get enough of it and dragon glass to actually fight back effectively. My guess is that at some point they'll have to rely on Dannys dragons to save the day. I mean even if they make a stand at the wall with the southern kings they need more help, especially without enough dragon glass/ dragon steel.

I don't think dragon glass (obsidian) is as rare as dragon steel (Valyrian). Dragon glass can be found on Dragonstone, where the Baratheon's dwell.
My guess would be Valyria is where any remaining Dragon steel would be, beyond the heirlooms the families hold and pass down. But the Pestilence "Doom" rules Valyria.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
That wasn't in the books. They went way way out of control on that episode. I do not like it!