Game of Thrones Season 5 ***spoilers***

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
How many more seasons will we have? 2? 3? I know some books are still being written.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm not buying it. The show is still great.

You mean...you mean that undergoing significant trials over several years....changes people? NO WAY.

Would people rather have charicatures that don't evolve? Yeah...tyrion is going to change after he has gone from being a rich important lannister, to an accused murdered who finds his love in bed with his father/accuser and then does become a murder, all the while sobering up after an epic binge.

Wait..wait....cersei, who is no longer encumbered by her father, brother, husband, wars, is going to try to scheme things (even though she has shown how horrible she is at it)?

Olenna Tyrell can be bested? No - the heck you say.

Yes...the show is focused on misery. that's the game right now. But stuff is still happening and setting things up.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sunday night's...?

Nope...Last Nights.

It was a special episode just for those that have bought the books. I am special and have bought the books so I got to see it before many others.

Holla.

Oh heck...no, it was Sunday Nights...Yesterday being off work screwed up my days.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Actually it was last night's episode for me too...on DVR :)

Me three! I have been binge watching Daredevil and could not stop to watch GOT on Sunday eve. I thought it was a great episode and man does it set up the rest of the season well.

Nomad

Reaction score
I have told my friend for a long time how good the show was but he never would take the time to watch it. He just started Memorial Day with S1E1 and has already marathond all the way to almost to the end of season 3. I wonder how much differently I would see the show if I had done it that way, without having to wait between seasons and episodes. I don't know if it would be better because it would all be fresh in your head, or if you would miss subtle things along the way. I've done it before but not for a 5 season show this dense.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have told my friend for a long time how good the show was but he never would take the time to watch it. He just started Memorial Day with S1E1 and has already marathond all the way to almost to the end of season 3. I wonder how much differently I would see the show if I had done it that way, without having to wait between seasons and episodes. I don't know if it would be better because it would all be fresh in your head, or if you would miss subtle things along the way. I've done it before but not for a 5 season show this dense.

I binged watched it over a weekend during these past holidays. Maybe that is why this season is slow to me, IDK. I want to see more action from those dragons and wars/battles.

Last nights episode was good, probably the best of the season so far.....just hope it picks up steam and not go back to a snoozer :(

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I binged watched it over a weekend during these past holidays. Maybe that is why this season is slow to me, IDK.

For a show with only ten episodes, the first four leaked ones were really dull. Every series has followed a few similar beats with a death /battle/death /battles/snow monster sighting being the general pattern, this year it feels different and not in a good way.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
... and still waiting for something significant to happen this season. Ugh. The ending this week was really well done but everyone saw it coming for a long time. Still waiting for a major character to be knocked off this season.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I've read the books and am a massive fan but this season has been really weak almost borderline awful. But considering the books that they were based on it's to be expected.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I don't know if you can "binge watch" this show without missing something.... in the first four seasons every word meant something... If you watch an episode more than once you would catch something new, that you may have missed... as well as events would be foreshadowed in actions or dialog weeks before it happened, sometimes seasons....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
gifts all around...

Lancell ratting out Cersei.... Queen of thorns will get some satisfaction.

The gift poom poom for Samwell.... (who will travel to the citadel... his time at the wall is running short.... he will "keep reading", and Aemon told Gilly to get baby Sam south, which mean big Sam as well)

The gift of life for Braun in the form of serum, not to mention a flash from the hottest sand snake (she's bad!)...

The land where J. Snow is traveling to, where the wildlings are is called "the gift"

and finally, gift himself....Tyrion...

The gift is south of the wall. Jon is going to Hardhome which is north of the wall.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched it again last night...still enjoyed it.

I wonder if or how Samwell will go to the Citadel.

Seems like Jon has already left on his quest with the wildings.

Will Thorne tell him to go since the Maester is dead and to just get him out of his hair..
Will the Maester have something like a Will or last requests written that he wants Sam to go.
Will Sam and Gilly run away to go there...Don't think same would do that but who knows.
Or will he just stay there.

Interesting.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
How many more seasons will we have? 2? 3? I know some books are still being written.
Watched it again last night...still enjoyed it.

I wonder if or how Samwell will go to the Citadel.

Seems like Jon has already left on his quest with the wildings.

Will Thorne tell him to go since the Maester is dead and to just get him out of his hair..
Will the Maester have something like a Will or last requests written that he wants Sam to go.
Will Sam and Gilly run away to go there...Don't think same would do that but who knows.
Or will he just stay there.

Interesting.
I imagine Jon will get back, learn about Aemon, and send Sam there...and he'll show up there at the beginning of season 6.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
They have ruined Tyrion this season . He has always been extremely smart and he was entertaining to the point of taking over the show . What happened to the booze-loving , woman chasing dwarf that I liked so much? There was dragons on the show, but they must not make any difference in the storyline. Jamie was a cool guy and he is pathetic now. Reek has become the main entertainment . That really shows how bad the show has become this season. I forgot Jon Snow, he has potential, but they do nothing with him. This whole season is s mess IMO.
Well, the Tyrion tonight was Tyrion at his best, I think.