Game of Thrones Season 6

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Isn't Cersai on Aryas list. And the Mountain. That is how those two will die.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
this has me stressin also, I think Id rather just have one more final regular 10 episode season instead of 13 split over the next 2....waiting almost a year just for 7 and then another just for 6? nah.......not that I can do anyting about it, but still, just nah......

I mean, it feels like we are JUST scratching the surface of the white walkers....and it's already almost over? I understand the name of the show is "Game of Thrones" but they focused on the game far too much these past couple seasons.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I mean, it feels like we are JUST scratching the surface of the white walkers....and it's already almost over? I understand the name of the show is "Game of Thrones" but they focused on the game far too much these past couple seasons.

I don't know. We still have 13+ hours left to show all of this. That seems like plenty of time to me now that the setup to getting Dany back to Westoros is finally complete.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

I'm not thrilled with the way it's ending either. Seems cheap to do 2 short seasons to end the series. Either do a full 20 episode final two or a 13 episode final season. 13 doesn't really feel like enough, but if they are at the pace the last two have been, maybe there won't be much being rushed and skipped over.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Isn't Cersai on Aryas list. And the Mountain. That is how those two will die.

Cersei will die by Tyrion or Jamie as foretold by Maggy the Frog. As for the Mountain, that would be all kinds of AWESOME to have her stab him in the throat with Needle.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Cersei will die by Tyrion or Jamie as foretold by Maggy the Frog. As for the Mountain, that would be all kinds of AWESOME to have her stab him in the throat with Needle.

Are we certain that would even kill him at this point? I'm not sure what it would take to kill him besides decapitation, magic or maybe dragon fire.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm not thrilled with the way it's ending either. Seems cheap to do 2 short seasons to end the series. Either do a full 20 episode final two or a 13 episode final season. 13 doesn't really feel like enough, but if they are at the pace the last two have been, maybe there won't be much being rushed and skipped over.

My issue is, ever since the beginning of GoT the White Walkers were supposed to be THE main threat. I get we had the origins of the White Walkers this season, briefly, but I guess my expectations were that this show would eventually have everyone come together to eventually face off against the white walkers. I get that this will most likely still happen, but it feels it's going to be far quicker and on a lesser scale than what was originally set up. I'm completely and utterly disappointed in that story line up to this point.

But this is me just criticizing the show, I have no idea how the books went about that story line.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My issue is, ever since the beginning of GoT the White Walkers were supposed to be THE main threat. I get we had the origins of the White Walkers this season, briefly, but I guess my expectations were that this show would eventually have everyone come together to eventually face off against the white walkers. I get that this will most likely still happen, but it feels it's going to be far quicker and on a lesser scale than what was originally set up. I'm completely and utterly disappointed in that story line up to this point.

But this is me just criticizing the show, I have no idea how the books went about that story line.

The walkers really aren't the main threat. Game of Thrones is about which character ends up with the crown on a game board with contenders in every corner. The Night King is just a player like any other in that context.

It's playing out like Risk, where the early game is fighting over control of Europe and Asia and North America in the center of the board and everybody forgets the dude who took Australia early and just built up a protected base that lets him end up one of the top two players at the end if he plays his cards right. By the time the game is down to two players, it'll be the living vs the dead or winter vs summer for all the marbles. It's setting up just as it should have, all along.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The walkers really aren't the main threat. Game of Thrones is about which character ends up with the crown on a game board with contenders in every corner. The Night King is just a player like any other in that context.

It's playing out like Risk, where the early game is fighting over control of Europe and Asia and North America in the center of the board and everybody forgets the dude who took Australia early and just built up a protected base that lets him end up one of the top two players at the end if he plays his cards right. By the time the game is down to two players, it'll be the living vs the dead or winter vs summer for all the marbles. It's setting up just as it should have, all along.

Really? White Walkers that can only be killed with a certain material and a wave of undead isn't the main threat? If there's another main threat in this show, I'd like to see. If they aren't, then I don't understand the build up. Were the walkers always just meant for the purpose of unifying the main characters?

And as I said, yes, I understand this show is about the "game", but the White Walkers have certainly been considered the main threat. Who has been more fear inducing than the White Walkers? MAYBE the dragons. But you'd be hard pressed to find another moment where the future looked bleak than when Jon Snow was on the boat and watching his friends rise up as the dead. Just killing ONE White Walker has been a chore.

And yeah, I'm a bit upset that the build up of that story line will most likely only take 6 episodes for them to wrap it up. The only thing I can think of is these episodes will be a tad longer than usual, but I doubt it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? White Walkers that can only be killed with a certain material and a wave of undead isn't the main threat? If there's another main threat in this show, I'd like to see. If they aren't, then I don't understand the build up. Were the walkers always just meant for the purpose of unifying the main characters?

And as I said, yes, I understand this show is about the "game", but the White Walkers have certainly been considered the main threat. Who has been more fear inducing than the White Walkers? MAYBE the dragons. But you'd be hard pressed to find another moment where the future looked bleak than when Jon Snow was on the boat and watching his friends rise up as the dead. Just killing ONE White Walker has been a chore.

And yeah, I'm a bit upset that the build up of that story line will most likely only take 6 episodes for them to wrap it up. The only thing I can think of is these episodes will be a tad longer than usual, but I doubt it.

For most of the series, they've been a fringe threat that the 'living' world didn't even believe in. Of course, we all knew eventually that the Song of Fire and Ice was going to come down to the living and the dragons against the Night King and his undead army, but that doesn't mean that the plot and the character development had to be skewed that way. That army's been a unified monolith since day one. Expecting the series to devote character development and air time to it is like criticizing the Lord of the Rings for not spending enough time developing the orc hoard or given Sauron enough screen time. They're just understood to be the bad guys. The question has always been who's going to be left standing to oppose them when it's all said and done.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
For most of the series, they've been a fringe threat that the 'living' world didn't even believe in. Of course, we all knew eventually that the Song of Fire and Ice was going to come down to the living and the dragons against the Night King and his undead army, but that doesn't mean that the plot and the character development had to be skewed that way. That army's been a unified monolith since day one. Expecting the series to devote character development and air time to it is like criticizing the Lord of the Rings for not spending enough time developing the orc hoard or given Sauron enough screen time. They're just understood to be the bad guys. The question has always been who's going to be left standing to oppose them when it's all said and done.

True. If you're looking for a show centering on a fight between the living and the dead, there is no lack of them.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

They were literally the first scene of whole series....this just happens to be a time of great turmoil and change in Westeros but the WW have become the ultimate threat....it is similar to fighting over deck chairs on the Titanic

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were literally the first scene of whole series....this just happens to be a time of great turmoil and change in Westeros but the WW have become the ultimate threat....it is similar to fighting over deck chairs on the Titanic

Yep. And in a movie about the fight over the deck chairs in the titanic, you can complain that the iceberg isn't getting enough coverage, but that doesn't mean it would be a better show if you kept cutting to shots of how big the iceberg is and how much it looms.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

Exactly. All of this positioning going on right now for the Iron Throne is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The white walkers will march over the entire thing and the only force that can stop them is Dany's and that's because she has 3 dragons with her.