*** SPOILERS *** Game of Thrones Season 8

Passepartout

Reaction score
Heard that the finale and eight season in general really seemed rushed and just did not have the heart to really bring the show up to seven seasons previously on par.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Heard that the finale and eight season in general really seemed rushed and just did not have the heart to really bring the show up to seven seasons previously on par.
I loved it ...every minute but I also predicted they would end the Monarchy and move towards a Democracy
I still see a government as the future...... power sharing..... a President

Jon/Aegon/Dany- Kings Landing
Tyrion- Castlery Rock
Sansa- Winterfell
Bronn- High Garden
Edmure- River Run
Arya- The Twins
Tormund- the North
Gentry- Stormsend
Robin- Eyrie
Vara- Iron Island
Tristan's brother?- Dorne
Davos- Dragonstone
Didn't see Bran as the President/King but it makes sense since he won't have kids

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it's like, "Is Daenerys Alita now???"
Exactly!!! Although I would contend that Alita's eyes are not THAT huge:

alita-eyes-ido_big.jpg

I am an anime fan. Anime artists commonly draw large eyes for characters, usually for female characters. I can honestly say most anime characters eyes are only about 80%-85% as large as the one's shown in the video screenshot. Those are size of eyes you usually see in Bugs Bunny cartoons when a character is suddenly shocked about something. :muttley:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
There was something I missed during the finale. They made it a thing that when Bran dies, they just could elect a new king and he wouldn't be able to have heirs to complicate things anyway, but are they aware of the lifespan of the 3 eyed raven? The last 3 eyed raven was over 1000 years old. Did Tyrion know this? The rest of the Lords didn't know this or they wouldn't have agreed to put Bran on the throne.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But was the last 3 Eyed Raven human, before becoming the 3 Eyed Raven? Did he only live that long to pass the torch, so the Night King would be defeated?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
But was the last 3 Eyed Raven human, before becoming the 3 Eyed Raven? Did he only live that long to pass the torch, so the Night King would be defeated?
He was human at some point. If he was only around that long to pass the torch because of the NK, how long will Bran have to wait to pass the torch, until the next global threat comes along? I don't know if anybody knows what the lifespan of a 3 eyed raven is, maybe Bran only lives 400-500 years? :eek:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was human at some point. If he was only around that long to pass the torch because of the NK, how long will Bran have to wait to pass the torch, until the next global threat comes along? I don't know if anybody knows what the lifespan of a 3 eyed raven is, maybe Bran only lives 400-500 years? :eek:
If the 3 Eyed Raven's purpose was to defeat the Night King, who created it? If it's something that's been around since before the advent of the White Walkers, why was it there? If it existed to protect the world, why the Hell was it so far from civilization, with so few knowing of it?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If the 3 Eyed Raven's purpose was to defeat the Night King, who created it? If it's something that's been around since before the advent of the White Walkers, why was it there? If it existed to protect the world, why the Hell was it so far from civilization, with so few knowing of it?
It's GRRMs world and as far as I know, though not real well versed in his world, it's never fully understood the origins of first 3 eyed raven or why they exist. Maybe they really aren't meant to be a protector, Bran didn't really "protect" people, maybe they are just meant as a watcher, similar to the Watcher in the Marvel universe. Maybe they are really just meant to observe and compile history and knowledge, learning and remembering history is the biggest part of their duties. He's never really interfered or explained things that would have been helpful, he's said a few cryptic words and done subtle things, but largely left the outcomes for others to decide.

Who knows how long a 3 eyed raven will normally live, but the last one did live a frighteningly long time. Bran hasn't really been forthcoming with knowledge and has sat there while people worked through their mistakes or died because of them. As king will he continue doing the same, we don't know.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's GRRMs world and as far as I know, though not real well versed in his world, it's never fully understood the origins of first 3 eyed raven or why they exist. Maybe they really aren't meant to be a protector, Bran didn't really "protect" people, maybe they are just meant as a watcher, similar to the Watcher in the Marvel universe. Maybe they are really just meant to observe and compile history and knowledge, learning and remembering history is the biggest part of their duties. He's never really interfered or explained things that would have been helpful, he's said a few cryptic words and done subtle things, but largely left the outcomes for others to decide.

Who knows how long a 3 eyed raven will normally live, but the last one did live a frighteningly long time. Bran hasn't really been forthcoming with knowledge and has sat there while people worked through their mistakes or died because of them. As king will he continue doing the same, we don't know.
I think the most important thing he did was to place himself strategically where the Night King would be vulnerable to Arya. Other than that, filling in the blanks about who Jon really was had enormous consequences on the sequence of events. So yes, he did interfere, if want to call it that. I don't think of it as interfering, since it was his world too, and he was doing his part to save it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There was something I missed during the finale. They made it a thing that when Bran dies, they just could elect a new king and he wouldn't be able to have heirs to complicate things anyway, but are they aware of the lifespan of the 3 eyed raven? The last 3 eyed raven was over 1000 years old. Did Tyrion know this? The rest of the Lords didn't know this or they wouldn't have agreed to put Bran on the throne.
If they voted him in then they can vote him out..... if he doesn't age in 20 years the can have another vote

But that misses the point.... the Iron Throne was destroyed and that will end all the violence and war

All the fighting was over who would sit on the Throne.... that reward has been removed.... the King is now a figurehead and the power rests with the Council

Tyrion is going to be running things while Branch is wheeling around hunting for Dragons and Night Kings in his dreams