Gameday Meal: What ya eatin?

shabazz

Reaction score
In the mid 90's the company I worked for experimented with treating human waste in an aquaculture system. Tilapia were featured prominently.

The system actually worked on a small scale.
Sounds pre marinated and juicy

shabazz

Reaction score
What happened with results of additional by-products in human waste like medications we consume? Did those things ever transfer to the fish?

I know there are warnings not to eat farm grown Tilapia from China due to the unsanitary methods being used there.
Vietnam and other developing counties going green and unloading boo boo for tilapia enrichment

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I don't put sugar on, just one or two drops of Vanilla does the trick. I don't drink Vodka, just a hit of some good devil's weed does the trick.
You are doing the same thing in my mind. Just taking a bit of the "edge" off the acidity of the vinegar with the vanilla. I have to give this recipe a try.

I have also heard some people say they add a sprinkle of pepper to the mix. At the end of the day I think people have their own customizations, but it all ends up in the same result - nobody want to talk to you face to face after a heavy feed of raw onions in vinegar. ;)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
What happened with results of additional by-products in human waste like medications we consume? Did those things ever transfer to the fish?

I know there are warnings not to eat farm grown Tilapia from China due to the unsanitary methods being used there.
I wasn't directly involved with that project. I don't believe the fish were tested for that. The focus was on waste water in vs water quality out.

I had never heard of tilapia before that. It wasn't on any menus or found in stores. When it did show up on menus and in stores a few years later, I had the chicken.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never had enchiladas with mashed potatoes, but okay....
My wife uses my mom's recipe. Wolf Brand chili with no beans instead of ground beef. Goes great with rice or mashed potatoes. Today, I felt like mashed potatoes.
Cheese in the tortillas, smother with the chili, top with more cheese add sliced onion on top. Simple.....I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My wife uses my mom's recipe. Wolf Brand chili with no beans instead of ground beef. Goes great with rice or mashed potatoes. Today, I felt like mashed potatoes.
Cheese in the tortillas, smother with the chili, top with more cheese add sliced onion on top. Simple.....I wouldn't have it any other way.
Is that her version of chili con carne?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that her version of chili con carne?
No...that's homemade. Mom made it very simple, ground beef with taco seasoning and homemade beans. Mom had to improvise when we were kids...money was tight with 4 growing boys and a stay at home mom. As my dad moved up the ladder, we kept all the same recipes. Before I got married in 1991, my wife would go to mom's house and learned how to make all my favorite meals and tortillas.
Damn, I miss mom.