Garrett’s inability to develop Dak is the most glaring

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
isnt that this man’s forte? Dak has regressed in every aspect of his game.

Jason Garrett was the luckiest man on earth when he met Antonio Ramiro Romo. It made him a very rich man.

If we are looking to replace Dak, we have to keep him away from JG

Garrett's got a forte? I suppose he's got one for destroying our players! Let's take a look at the list of players that he's either destroyed or in the process of destroying

The Offensive line
Tony Romo
Jason Witten
Sean Lee
Dak Prescott
Ezekiel Elliott
Dez Bryant
Dan Bailey
Demarcus Ware (revived by Wade Phillips in Denver)
Demarco Murray

That's a large list of players that he's destroyed that were either great for us or were supposed to be. How he's still coaching is BEYOND me. I don't know if Dak's the problem, and his receivers sure didn't help matters with how many drops they had. What I do know is that I'm fed up with Garrett and that's a hefty list, and I feel like I've probably left players out. Those players are just from when he was a HC btw, that's not to mention the players that he destroyed as an OC. I think it's high time, late in fact, to get a new HC. Even if Dak is, in fact, dreadful, a new HC might go a long way to helping him. At least it'd give us a feeling of new identity rather than this stale feeling that we get knowing that we usually only beat the mediocre/terrible teams anymore. It's not just Garrett's inability to develop Dak. It's his inability to develop this team, and, what's more, the VAST majority of the talent on this team is under 28. The coach MUST be able to develop that sort of team, especially with the veterans mostly gone. Garrett has YET to show a track record for doing so. What we NEED is a REAL HC to make this work.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’ll never forget that loss

I'm a forgiving bloke, but I find it HARD to forgive Garrett for that. I forgot to add Texas Stadium to my list, but then again, I was only referring to when he was a HC on the list I just posted (and feel free to add more names to that list). He also left a HORRIBLE last impression of Texas Stadium. That was a game, firstly, could've gotten us into the playoffs, and, secondly, would just have been nice to win that game for the fact that it was the last game ever in that stadium that brought this team 5 championships. That loss and poor offencive showing should've gotten rid of Garrett.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Garrett is to blame for going with Dak in the first place.

I said it during his rookie year and I'll say it again now- if your plan is to have a QB who needs to run, you're going nowhere in this league.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Garrett's got a forte? I suppose he's got one for destroying our players! Let's take a look at the list of players that he's either destroyed or in the process of destroying

The Offensive line
Tony Romo
Jason Witten
Sean Lee
Dak Prescott
Ezekiel Elliott
Dez Bryant
Dan Bailey
Demarcus Ware (revived by Wade Phillips in Denver)
Demarco Murray

That's a large list of players that he's destroyed that were either great for us or were supposed to be. How he's still coaching is BEYOND me. I don't know if Dak's the problem, and his receivers sure didn't help matters with how many drops they had. What I do know is that I'm fed up with Garrett and that's a hefty list, and I feel like I've probably left players out. Those players are just from when he was a HC btw, that's not to mention the players that he destroyed as an OC. I think it's high time, late in fact, to get a new HC. Even if Dak is, in fact, dreadful, a new HC might go a long way to helping him. At least it'd give us a feeling of new identity rather than this stale feeling that we get knowing that we usually only beat the mediocre/terrible teams anymore. It's not just Garrett's inability to develop Dak. It's his inability to develop this team, and, what's more, the VAST majority of the talent on this team is under 28. The coach MUST be able to develop that sort of team, especially with the veterans mostly gone. Garrett has YET to show a track record for doing so. What we NEED is a REAL HC to make this work.

What's more, Parcells actually made Quincy Carter look good. If not for the drugs, QC might actually have become at least a decent QB under Parcells. THAT is the difference in coaching. Maybe a real coach could do that for Dak, if that's the lowest we can go for him. I think Dak's a lot better than QC was, but, hey, maybe a real coach could do that for Dak.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
I'm not really a Dak fan, the guy is playing scared and could very well be done. However, I place more blame on the coaching staff. I do remember Tim Tebow winning a playoff game off the benefit of good coaching. As far as QB comparisons go, Tebow is Dak's most realistic comparison. JG/LG have not proven they can do much since Romo left the building, and since Romo changed most of his plays at the LOS, I can't say they showed much with him here. Hopefully this is the last yr the team and the fans have to suffer through it

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm not really a Dak fan, the guy is playing scared and could very well be done. However, I place more blame on the coaching staff. I do remember Tim Tebow winning a playoff game off the benefit of good coaching. As far as QB comparisons go, Tebow is Dak's most realistic comparison. JG/LG have not proven they can do much since Romo left the building, and since Romo changed most of his plays at the LOS, I can't say they showed much with him here. Hopefully this is the last yr the team and the fans have to suffer through it

Well, John Fox managed to actually make Tebow look good by developing a formula that worked for Tebow. A REAL coach would be able to do that for Dak until we could get a better QB. I would like for us to get Tua in a few years, but I think Dak will do for now. What we need is a coach that can develop make something that works for him.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Not sure you blame Garrett for Dak being exactly who the scouts say he was pre draft.

I blame him for not seeing it and sticking with Dak. Signs were there his rookie season. Signs have been there in practice. There is no such thing as a, "gamer," who sucks in practice but plays well in games. If he can't consistently perform his job in practice, then those issues will come out in games.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Not sure you blame Garrett for Dak being exactly who the scouts say he was pre draft.

Would you include?:
Tom Brady (6th round), Russel Wilson (3rd round), Drew Brees (2nd Round), Kurt Warner (undrafted), Bret Farve (2nd Round), Joe Montana (3rd Rd), Roger Staubach (10th rd), Joe Theisman (4th rd)

Coaching Matters .

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I blame him for not seeing it and sticking with Dak. Signs were there his rookie season. Signs have been there in practice. There is no such thing as a, "gamer," who sucks in practice but plays well in games. If he can't consistently perform his job in practice, then those issues will come out in games.

Now that I agree with. They should have still went and paid for a veteran backup. But I also think that is more on Stephen Jones who doesn't want to pay big money anymore.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Maybe it’s on Dak. Not everybody has it

Well, I don't know about that so much. I think it's hard to know because of who the coach is. I mean, I thought Dak was making good throws in the first half, overall (before I decided to play video games). The problem is, as I said on another thread, that our receivers and Zeke look unprepared and couldn't catch a cold. That INT that Gallup dropped was actually a good ball by Dak.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Maybe it’s on Dak. Not everybody has it
Maybe it's on the highest paid guard and tackle in the NFL that are playing Ole with the DL. My point is that there is blame to spread around...QB....OL....RB....OC....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Would you include?:
Tom Brady (6th round), Russel Wilson (3rd round), Drew Brees (2nd Round), Kurt Warner (undrafted), Bret Farve (2nd Round), Joe Montana (3rd Rd), Roger Staubach (10th rd), Joe Theisman (4th rd)

Coaching Matters .

Exactly! And that's why I don't think it's fair to blame Dak. I know life's not fair, and that's besides the point. I say it's unfair because of who the coach is. Even Quincy Carter looked better with Parcells. Parcells managed to find something that worked for Quincy, and that translated into a 10-6 season. I think a proper coach could do even better for Dak because he obviously has tools for the job. He's just got a coach that's **** at developing it and channeling it properly.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would you include?:

Coaching Matters .

Those are the exceptions. You can't realistically think you will always find a diamond in the rough. The most important position on the team and we use a 4th round comp pick and wonder why it's not working.

kevm3

Reaction score
TO said everything perfectly

The part about calling out the plays is STILL occurring to this day. What game was it where they recently called out one of our plays? The Giants?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
TO said everything perfectly

Yes, and it's BLATANTLY obvious! I hope that this is the last year we have to suffer under Garrett. I've had MORE than enough of what I can stomach from him. I feel nauseous watching us with him at the helm.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Those are the exceptions. You can't realistically think you will always find a diamond in the rough. The most important position on the team and we use a 4th round comp pick and wonder why it's not working.

Lmao, exceptions ?
practically said the winningest superbowl Qb's of all time there.

Okay.. whatever dude.. If we sign a new QB Garrett will lead us to the superbowl ... gotcha .

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Dak could possibly be a decent backup(bus driver) with a solid coaching staff and a strong supporting cast which he has neither. He has been given the keys to a NASCAR a day after being given his drivers license.