George Zimmerman charged with 2nd degree murder of Trayvon Martin **Read Post #142**

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
casmith07;4504217 said:
The prosecution will likely rely on friends/family of Trayvon to attempt to prove that it's his voice, as well as ear/eyewitnesses in the neighborhood.

Zimmerman's family claims that it's his voice. Whether they really believe that or not is another story

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4504213 said:
Except that's not what happened. I'm not reaching for anything. If this guy killed Martin and it wasn't self defense, then he needs to pay the price. I am just trying to make sure that ALL the evidence is out before the guy is convicted.

It's all moot anyway since Martin and Zimmerman's lives are both over. Two lives went down that night.

except of course one is dead and the other is still alive

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4504243 said:
Zimmerman's family claims that it's his voice. Whether they really believe that or not is another story

Of course his family claims that. What do you expect them to claim?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
casmith07;4504251 said:
Of course his family claims that. What do you expect them to claim?

Yeah Like I said I think that it's Trayvon's. His family has made claims that are hard for me to believe. Like his father claims that Trayvon said that "You're going to die tonight" to Zimmerman or something like that.

My question why does someone just walking home suddenly decide that they are in the mood to kill unprovoked, if the claim is that Zimmerman was just walking back to his truck and Trayvon goes from walking home to deciding that he wants to kill for no reason.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4504228 said:
Really? I don't have an opinion on what happened. I think most reasonable wait until they KNOW what happened as opposed to jumping to conclusions with what the media tells them. So, in putting forth other possible scenarios doesn't indicate that is what I think happened, but what could have happened. Therefore, concluding that until that evidence is made public, developing an opinion, is just what certain people in the spotlight wanted to have happen.

That makes no logical sense whatsoever to have an opinion on the events.
However, you can conclude or reasonably discuss what is currently presented, which is what everyone is doing. And although you say you have no opinion, you're alternative theories always seem to lean that Martin was the aggressor, which leads me to believe you have an opinion about it, even if it's about blaming the media or blaming the ambulance chasing activists, etc. You have an opinion.

Ultimately, most shouldn't care about the media, the activists, nor the politics. You should care about the legal process running its course. And having an opinion about it doesn't mean you don't want to know all the facts at some point.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4504257 said:
Yeah Like I said I think that it's Trayvon's. His family has made claims that are hard for me to believe. Like his father claims that Trayvon said that "You're going to die tonight" to Zimmerman or something like that.

My question why does someone just walking home suddenly decide that they are in the mood to kill unprovoked, if the claim is that Zimmerman was just walking back to his truck and Trayvon goes from walking home to deciding that he wants to kill for no reason.

Hard question to answer, considering he was on his way home with candy and a soda.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
casmith07;4504260 said:
Hard question to answer, considering he was on his way home with candy and a soda.

My uncle was killed with some candy and a soda, so, it happens.

He walked in front of a bus, but, that's a different story.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

His claim of walking back to his truck is complete BS, IMO.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score

Good point. It is also worth noting that even though Zimmerman is heard saying that Martin was checking him out (something that any logical person would probably do if they see someone following them and hear that person giving a description of them over the phone), Zimmerman also confirms that Martin tries to run. At which point Zimmerman says, "They always get away" and proceeds to follow him. Zimmerman confirms that he is indeed following Martin, and then is told, "We don't need you to do that" by the 911 dispatcher.

If Zimmerman returns to his car like he and his father claims, what logical since does it make for Martin to all of a sudden gets a surge of hostility and vigor, halt his fleeing, turn around and go back to kill Zimmerman with his bare hands?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4504258 said:
However, you can conclude or reasonably discuss what is currently presented, which is what everyone is doing. And although you say you have no opinion, you're alternative theories always seem to lean that Martin was the aggressor, which leads me to believe you have an opinion about it, even if it's about blaming the media or blaming the ambulance chasing activists, etc. You have an opinion.

Ultimately, most shouldn't care about the media, the activists, nor the politics. You should care about the legal process running its course. And having an opinion about it doesn't mean you don't want to know all the facts at some point.

I never said I didn't have an opinion on the media or the screwball activists.

I don't however have an opinion on what happened. Simply presenting different scenarios doesn't mean I think Martin was the aggressor. You read way too much into things. But to derive an opinion, which is the act of arriving at a conclusion, based on skimpy evidence and not being privy to all the facts is simply ridiculous.

Now, discussing the events is certainly within reason. But yes, I do have an opinion on the jokers who are exploiting Martin's death for their own gains.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4504280 said:
His claim of walking back to his truck is complete BS, IMO.

Where Trayvon's body was found will be key. Also there is a "New" Witness that says that she thinks that it was Zimmerman on top of Trayvon at the time of the fight and that Zimmerman shot him and then got up.

Conflicting witnesses but enough for Zimmerman to have to face a judge and jury

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4504129 said:
How is the legal system not a watered down version of revenge? Revenge would be having Zimmerman run for his life or fight for his life only to be shot and really outside of crazy extremist, no one wants that.

Wanting Zimmerman to be held accountable for what he did isn't anymore vengefull than any other criminal trial.
You seem to be taking my comment personally, and there is no need for that. If you want the facts -- and a fair trial -- and for Zimmerman to be held accountable IF he is guilty of acting in a way that cannot be justified as self-defense, then we both want the same thing.

But some I know think they already know all there is to know, and have thought so from the very beginning -- in spite of the additional facts and corrections that have been released since the story broke.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
cajuncocoa;4504352 said:
Not a life I would wish to have.

true enough but still fatso is alive and the innocent teenager isn't so to say two lives ended that night is a bit of a stretch (imagine Cajun's reaction if I had wrote that the Manson family girls' lives ended the night they killed Tate).

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4504361 said:
true enough but still fatso is alive and the innocent teenager isn't so to say two lives ended that night is a bit of a stretch (imagine Cajun's reaction if I had wrote that the Manson family girls' lives ended the night they killed Tate).
It's always a good sign when one descends to ad hominem attacks. :rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4504361 said:

They did. Do you ever know anything that you are trying to talk about?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
cajuncocoa;4504365 said:
It's always a good sign when one descends to ad hominem attacks. :rolleyes:

That's the way he rolls. Ignoring him is probably the best for everyone on the board. Some of the things he has said personally to people are beyond reason.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4504367 said:
They did. Do you ever know anything that you are trying to talk about?
Yes, and I'm sure you realize that the Manson family have already been on trial and have been sentenced. Zimmerman has yet to stand trial. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
cajuncocoa;4504381 said:
Yes, and I'm sure you realize that the Manson family have already been on trial and have been sentenced. Zimmerman has yet to stand trial. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

I don't know. Seems some people want Zimmerman killed right now. Skip the evidence, the trial, the sentencing and get right to the execution.

I would rather wait for the evidence and the wheels of justice to turn before I formulate an opinion about what happened.