'Geronimo': Code name for bin Laden blasted

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3941676 said:
Well I guess if your a Pueblos, Pima or Papago indian your not to upset since the Apache took their land and raided their villiages.

Heros tend to be in the eye of the beholder.

Since you seem to find that funny.. i guess you could also laugh at the fact that we are raiding villages and killing innocent people in pursuit of the small group of extremists who invaded our land and killed our families. (Alot like what Goyahkla did, wink wink)

I agree.. heroes are in the eye of the beholder. So if we still care at all about the Native Americans in our country, it would only make sense that we show compassion toward their culture.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3941703 said:
Since you seem to find that funny.. i guess you could also laugh at the fact that we are raiding villages and killing innocent people in pursuit of the small group of extremists who invaded our land and killed our families. (Alot like what Goyahkla did, wink wink)

I agree.. heroes are in the eye of the beholder. So if we still care at all about the Native Americans in our country, it would only make sense that we show compassion toward their culture.

It is history The Native Americans are human like anyone else they killed and stole land from each other well before the white man ever got here. It is human nature not something that only represents whites. As for a code name get over it. I'm sick of the thin skin whiners like yourself, my god no one can say anything without someone getting their panties in a wad get over yourself.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3941703 said:
you could also laugh at the fact that we are raiding villages and killing innocent people in pursuit of the small group of extremists who invaded our land and killed our families.

Could you clarify these comments ....... I would hate to misunderstand what you are saying here.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3941711 said:
It is history The Native Americans are human like anyone else they killed and stole land from each other well before the white man ever got here. It is human nature not something that only represents whites. As for a code name get over it. I'm sick of the thin skin whiners like yourself, my god no one can say anything without someone getting their panties in a wad get over yourself.

The question isn't about all Native Americans but one in particular who stood up for his family and people against those who tried to invade his land.

As for the code name.. again, im only stating that i can understand why their culture could be upset over it. The two men are nothing alike.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3941730 said:
Could you clarify these comments ....... I would hate to misunderstand what you are saying here.

Its English.. i have confidence that if you have even the most basic understanding about our overseas operations you can figure it out.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3941734 said:
Its English.. i have confidence that if you have even the most basic understanding about our overseas operations you can figure it out.

In that case I now understand your viewpoint on this whole thing.

And I am not surprised.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3941734 said:

You are saying that the US is slaughtering innocent people every day in their pursuit of bin Laden? I would return with the reason it took 10 years is because we in fact where not doing that. Though I will admit sometimes innocent lives are lost.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
nyc;3941758 said:
You are saying that the US is slaughtering innocent people every day in their pursuit of bin Laden? I would return with the reason it took 10 years is because we in fact where not doing that. Though I will admit sometimes innocent lives are lost.

Clearly we arn't looking to kill innocent people.. but it happens everyday.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3941764 said:
Clearly we arn't looking to kill innocent people.. but it happens everyday.

bin Laden and Al-Qaeda develops plans to do exactly that. Kill innocent people. Sometimes the price unintentionally high, but worth it if you hope to curb the wholesale slaughter of innocent people.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
nyc;3941770 said:
bin Laden and Al-Qaeda develops plans to do exactly that. Kill innocent people. Sometimes the price is unintentionally high, but worth it if you hope to curb the wholesale slaughter of innocent people.

I completely agree.. which is why calling OBL "Geronimo" doesn't fit at all.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3941787 said:

They didn't call him Geronimo because he was a murder, they called him / the operation Geronimo because he could escape unseen like Geronimo did.

When they called Daryl Johnston "The Moose", they weren't saying everything he is and does is like a Moose. They were only relating similarities.

These people are *****ing because they want to hear themselves *****. Plain and simple. It should be embarrassing for them.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
nyc;3941797 said:
They didn't call him Geronimo because he was a murder, they called him / the operation Geronimo because he could escape unseen like Geronimo did.

When they called Daryl Johnston "The Moose", they weren't saying everything he is and does is like a Moose. They were only relating similarities.

These people are *****ing because they want to hear themselves *****. Plain and simple. It should be embarrassing for them.

Ouch ...... that was a knockout.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Good thing they didn't take out Osama with a Tomahawk missile.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
nyc;3941797 said:

Please don't pretend to know the reasoning behind why they called him what they did. Geronimo was a native american who stood up against people invading his land. He's a cultural hero to native americans of this land.

So when you here that our own military referred to the target as such, and said "Geronimo: Enemy Killed in Action" could you not understand why some in that culture would be a little upset hearing that?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This is not atypical, people. The military commonly uses historical figures or other catchphrases as names for operations or code names for targets.

The most dangerous road in Iraq is named "MSR Tampa." Others have other names based on whomever was the Commander in the area - some are Route Red Sox, Route Cowboys, Route Linda (probably named after a Colonel's wife, for example).

It's not meant to mean anything whatsoever.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
nyc;3941797 said:

Yes, because Native Americans have a history of "whining just to hear themselves whine".. come on now.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
nyc;3941770 said:
bin Laden and Al-Qaeda develops plans to do exactly that. Kill innocent people. Sometimes the price unintentionally high, but worth it if you hope to curb the wholesale slaughter of innocent people.

RoyTheHammer;3941787 said:

My informative post above aside, then perhaps we should have called bin Laden James Forsyth.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
casmith07;3941822 said:
This is not atypical, people. The military commonly uses historical figures or other catchphrases as names for operations or code names for targets.

Yup .... easy to remember ..... since most of the kids cannot pronounce the real name.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
bbgun;3941818 said:
Good thing they didn't take out Osama with a Tomahawk missile.

Yes but the SEAL's did go in on Blackhawk Helicopters