Giants having a better record doesnt sit well with me

beacamdim

Reaction score
I feel we're a better team than the Eagles and Giants. Well we beat the Giants straight out so that's that. But I said this in another post of the Giants and Eagles lost their QB1, LT, WR2, LG, for an extended part of the first 7 games would they be 6-0 or 6-1? I doubt it. I am trying to avoid looking at their schedules because in the NFL each game can take a life of it's own and there are no "gimmie games". I learned this lesson when we won our last playoff game against the Seahawks. One of the biggest plays of the game occurred when Janikowski pulled a muscle on a kick. This limited the Seahawks to going for TD's because Janikowski couldn't kick. Every game has a life of it's own and anything can happen. So I feel the Eagles and Giants will come back to earth a little bit. This time last year we were talked about as being the super bowl contenders and then one bad game against Denver and things unraveled. That can just as easily happen to the Eagles and Giants.

All true. But applies equally to the Cowboys though -- they are due for a slump just like PHI, NYG and every other team.

beacamdim

Reaction score
Are you going to keep saying that when they keep winning?

I'm more worried about the Gnats than I am the Egals.

I don't think NYG win either against the Eagles. If we are to win division we have to count on someone else.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Yeah, because they haven't been getting calls go their way, nearly every time. And they are always in the game toward the end, and they end up winning.

Try paying attention to the actual games and to who is actually in our division.

That said, I think the Seahawk can beat them next week.
Fans do this all the time. They only seem to noticed the calls that go against their team or their routing interest…The reffing sucks, but the sucking evens out over time.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Certainly not ideal…

We need to be in at least 2nd in our division to have a good shot at the Wild Card.

I feel good about the Eagles at home with Dak though.

Bing

Reaction score
Good friend is a Giants fan, hard to talk trash to him because it always ends with the statement. Who has been to three superbowls since 2000 and who hasn't even sniffed one ....hard to talk trash when you have to go back to the last century to bring up winning anything of any significance...I hate the Giants.

Tussinman

Reaction score
This Giants team may be the worst 6-1 team of all time. The fact they keep pulling out these 1 possession wins is unbelievable. They actually are pretty likely to finish with 9-10 wins now, but I fully expect the roof to cave in soon. Their roster is not good and they are an extremely mediocre football team. The luck will dry up.
Unfortunately most of their remaining schedule is a joke. They have 2 games against 1 win teams, still get to play Washington twice, and get Indy who's basically mailed the season in. 11 wins would not surprise me.

Can three teams from the NFC Least make the playoffs? I hope so...maybe we get that deep playoff run this year. Feeding off our weak division in the playoffs.
3 NFC East teams making the playoffs is pretty much a given at this point, especially since they added a 3rd wildcard team a few years back.

Giants have a 3 game lead on the final 7th seed and the cowboys have a 2 game lead. Both teams have fairly easy schedules as well (I don't see either crumbling so bad that someone currently in the 8th spot jumps them)

With a lead that high you'd need something absolutely stupid like the Falcons and Packers winning 8 out of the next 10 and both the Giants and Cowboys failing to be at least .500 the rest of the year

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Giants have beaten 3 tough opponents in a row and they lost to one tough opponent. Giants are a better team now than they were when we faced them. Though, I think our defense is just a poor match for them and will be in our second meeting as well.

Each of their victories have been completely earned. They're a very good team, not great, but very good. Their HC is looking like the real deal.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Good friend is a Giants fan, hard to talk trash to him because it always ends with the statement. Who has been to three superbowls since 2000 and who hasn't even sniffed one ....hard to talk trash when you have to go back to the last century to bring up winning anything of any significance...I hate the Giants.
They’ve lost 10 of 11 to Dallas.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We’re clearly a better team though. I think Philly loses 3 games. They’re schedule is the easiest I’ve ever seen though.
Game strength changes just like Detroit and Chicago were supposed to be easy games.
Just saying I don't care or even bother to look at Phillys remaining schedule, I will wait for them to lose, but they haven't yet.
We will have to take care of that nasty Philly business in December, can't wait for that game.

Big_D

Reaction score
The Giants are the best in the league at complimentary football. They adapt and take what they can. Daboll was a score for them.

Daboll and a new GM. I was hoping they'd stick with the complete mess of Gettleman, Judge and Garrett. They definitely got better.

JBond

Reaction score
They lost their 1st rd pick OT Neal for multiple games for MCL sprain.

Lawrence abused him anyway in the first match-up but that team still finds a way.
The oline(other than Thomas)and receivers are jags or worse.

Mostly Daniel Jones and Barkley doing the offensive heavy lifting.

They keep it close, don't beat themselves and both the offense and the defense have seemed to make a play when they need it the most during their games so far this year.

Daboll is coaching his a** off.
Props to him.
They play smart football and do not get blown out. The rest of the NFL is playing a certain type of game, but the NFC East is like nope.... this is what we are doing. Working pretty well.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
We’re clearly a better team though. I think Philly loses 3 games. They’re schedule is the easiest I’ve ever seen though.
As Madden put it, you are what your record says you are. Giants are the better team and getting better unfortunately.