Giants having a better record doesnt sit well with me

Creeper

Reaction score
I will give the Giants some credit for resiliency. They are missing all of their WRs (Golladay, Toney, and Shepard) and yet they are still winning football games. I had a feeling their OL would improve as the season progressed and they have. I also think their secondary is overperforming right now. I thought before the season their secondary would be a huge weakness, but so far they are playing very well. Danny Dimes is playing much better with better protection as well.

On the other hand, they rely on Daniel Jones running too much. I think in the long run that could cost them. But the biggest thing is they are getting some unbelievable breaks, especially late in the game. The Jags handed them the game yesterday, with help from the refs. The Jags appeared to get a first down inside the Giants 20 but the refs spotted the ball 6 inches short of the first. I though it was clearly a 1st down. In any case the Jags decided to go for it instead of kicking the FG to give themselves a 7 point lead. They ran a QB sneak I think from a shotgun formation (could be wrong) and failed .

The Ravens gave the ball away twice late in the 4th to give away that game.

The Titans missed a 47 yd FG to that would have won the game as the clock ran out. The Giants are living off these breaks because they are not scoring many points.

The only team that did not hand the Giants late opportunities was Dallas.

beacamdim

Reaction score
I will give the Giants some credit for resiliency. They are missing all of their WRs (Golladay, Toney, and Shepard) and yet they are still winning football games. I had a feeling their OL would improve as the season progressed and they have. I also think their secondary is overperforming right now. I thought before the season their secondary would be a huge weakness, but so far they are playing very well. Danny Dimes is playing much better with better protection as well.

On the other hand, they rely on Daniel Jones running too much. I think in the long run that could cost them. But the biggest thing is they are getting some unbelievable breaks, especially late in the game. The Jags handed them the game yesterday, with help from the refs. The Jags appeared to get a first down inside the Giants 20 but the refs spotted the ball 6 inches short of the first. I though it was clearly a 1st down. In any case the Jags decided to go for it instead of kicking the FG to give themselves a 7 point lead. They ran a QB sneak I think from a shotgun formation (could be wrong) and failed .

The Titans missed a 47 yd FG to that would have won the game as the clock ran out. The Giants are living off these breaks because they are not scoring many points.

So the refs stopped Lawrence cold on a make-it-in-your-sleep six inch QB keeper?

75boyz

Reaction score
This is how we should be playing plus we have a better defense.

Yep, I agree totally.
Up to the staff to continue " boring but winning" football.
Lean on the defense, run game and special teams.
Take an occasional shot if the opportunity is there.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
To put it simply, I am not worried about the Giants.
The only team in the NFCE I am worried about is the Cowboys. It's the only team capable of keeping the Cowboys out the playoffs

RonnieT24

Reaction score
But we aren’t clearly better

Uh yes we are.. We beat them by 10 at their place with a backup QB. Home field gets you another 3 and Dak gets you at least another TD. Meaning the Cowboys are probably a good 20 points better than the Giants if both are at full strength. Which is about what they were last year as I recall.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yep, I agree totally.
Up to the staff to continue " boring but winning" football.
Lean on the defense, run game and special teams.
Take an occasional shot if the opportunity is there.

I have to disagree here.. There is nothing boring about this brand of football. I love watching the running game grind teams down. Zeke the sledgehammer and Pollard the high speed drill. It's absolutely wonderful to watch. Then watching the defense slowly diagnose what teams are trying to do then snuffing it out! Marvelous!! And who doesn't love watching Micah Parsons put on his weekly display of super-humanness? Or watching Tank destroy teams' running game if they dare run to his side and sometimes even running it down when they run the other way if they don't block him..

beacamdim

Reaction score
Uh yes we are.. We beat them by 10 at their place with a backup QB. Home field gets you another 3 and Dak gets you at least another TD. Meaning the Cowboys are probably a good 20 points better than the Giants if both are at full strength. Which is about what they were last year as I recall.

I don’t understand the rose-colored glasses, false bravado and insecurity about giving the Giants credit.

The final score was 23-16 — a single TD — and if the Giants WR doesn’t fall down NY had the ball with a chance and enough time to tie. And they haven’t had any of their WR basically all year

I think Dallas is slightly better. But this whole Giants are a joke thing is a bridge too far.

The real thing to worry about is that while Dallas had better win now or lose their window, this year is all gravy for NY, with an excellent new coach, tons of cap room, and a young roster.

Watch this to get an idea about what’s happening there. Defense knows what is coming eight plays in a row and they still can’t stop them:

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score

The refs want the Giants in it just because of the Cowboys. It's like war by proxy from Goodell.

That, and the Giants are sneaky good, which is what I was saying. That's why they come back late in the games, which makes them dangerous.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
We’re clearly a better team though. I think Philly loses 3 games. They’re schedule is the easiest I’ve ever seen though.
Lol which 3? I see a whole Lotta wins… Maybe the Texans on the road for Thursday night… Maybe Indy on the on the road… Probably us Christmas Eve…I don’t see the giants doing it…Green Bay has been absolutely putrid… The Saints? Nope.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What an idiotic post.

Yeah, because they haven't been getting calls go their way, nearly every time. And they are always in the game toward the end, and they end up winning.

Try paying attention to the actual games and to who is actually in our division.

That said, I think the Seahawk can beat them next week.

plymkr

Reaction score
We’re clearly a better team though. I think Philly loses 3 games. They’re schedule is the easiest I’ve ever seen though.
I feel we're a better team than the Eagles and Giants. Well we beat the Giants straight out so that's that. But I said this in another post of the Giants and Eagles lost their QB1, LT, WR2, LG, for an extended part of the first 7 games would they be 6-0 or 6-1? I doubt it. I am trying to avoid looking at their schedules because in the NFL each game can take a life of it's own and there are no "gimmie games". I learned this lesson when we won our last playoff game against the Seahawks. One of the biggest plays of the game occurred when Janikowski pulled a muscle on a kick. This limited the Seahawks to going for TD's because Janikowski couldn't kick. Every game has a life of it's own and anything can happen. So I feel the Eagles and Giants will come back to earth a little bit. This time last year we were talked about as being the super bowl contenders and then one bad game against Denver and things unraveled. That can just as easily happen to the Eagles and Giants.