Giants making moves. Cowboys waiting

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
:huh:

Not sure the main plan here but we do need to upgrade. Second tier free agents tend to be in their late 20s or 30+. I wouldn't have minded us going after a guy like Jenorius Jenkins but apparently he is signing with the Giants who have now resigned JPP and are getting the huge run stuffer from the Jets. Giants just got a lot better while we might be looking to lock up Nick Hayden on a 1 year deal. If Romo does have 4-5 years left he only has 2-3 good ones and we need to take advantage of them. Now is the time to spend.

round pegs in square holes doesn't equal success

visionary

Reaction score
And what about the Commanders? Eagles? Colts? Jets? Dolphins? I could go on.

How did their big free agencies play out?

So it depends on the intelligence level of the front office?

I can see why you are concerned about the moves our front office might make

visionary

Reaction score
Mine too. It'll end up being Dak Prescott in the 2nd and the Jones boys will think they outsmarted the league again. Like they did when they drafted Quincy Carter out from under everyone...

:facepalm:

And round and round we go

Stupid is as stupid does

visionary

Reaction score
The team doesn't draft nearly as poorly as some suggest.

I have seen ridiculous expectations though. People saying with a straight face every draft you need to come out with a star and 3 other above average players.

I really question how much those folks follow the league outside of the Cowboys.

The proof of what this FO office does is In the results

This FO and HC have been unable to build a good team in the last 6 years and so it is perfectly reasonable to criticize their moves and sheer madness to say that this FO makes good decisions but I expect nothing less from you

Plankton

Reaction score
The Giants went into free agency with near 60 million to spend, and a defensive depth chart that is completely barren on every level. They have few competent parts at DE, DT, LB and CB. They don't have a second safety to pair with Landon Collins. Of course they were going to come out spending and spending big. Players also see the dollars and open depth chart. I wouldn't sweat losing out on Jenkins - he's a gambler who can make plays, but gets burned a lot.

DFWJC

Reaction score
How did we do? Am I missing something?

We went 12-4

No QB last year.

If someone wants to argue that we didn't make enough moves in the free agent market for backup QB before the season started...be my guest.

Sydla

Reaction score
We went 12-4

No QB last year.

If someone wants to argue that we didn't make enough moves in the free agent market for backup QB before the season started...be my guest.

LOL.

How long will the fanboi's hold onto 2014 before they understand that the roster isn't all that and a bag of chips?

LittleD

Reaction score
The proof of what this FO office does is In the results

This FO and HC have been unable to build a good team in the last 6 years and so it is perfectly reasonable to criticize their moves and sheer madness to say that this FO makes good decisions but I expect nothing less from you

They don't mind if you criticize all day long if you keep buying tickets, jerseys, hotel rooms, meals, hats, pictures, etc.
Jerry keeps laughing all the way to the bank.

davey999

Reaction score
We went 12-4

No QB last year.

We could not win any games (Ok, one) with our backup while many other teams did. Why is that?

Sydla

Reaction score
In other NFC East news, after reportedly being off, it appears the Maxwell/Alonso trade with Miami is back on. And what does Miami give up to take the Eagles' trash that they are desperately trying to dump after just one season? That's right................ the Dolphins will swap #1 picks with them giving the Eagles the 8th pick in the draft.

Mike Tannenbaum, everyone.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL.

How long will the fanboi's hold onto 2014 before they understand that the roster isn't all that and a bag of chips?

Not holding on to jack crap.
He asked how we did after Philly was supposed to rule the world with their new coach making moves and I just stated a fact.

You will never hear me say our roster was even SB worthy that year, let alone right now.
But I'm not crying like a newborn just because some teams are signing free agents at the beginning of FA period.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We could not win any games (Ok, one) with our backup while many other teams did. Why is that?
Are you saying it is because we didn't sign a particular fee agent the 1st week of free agency?

The only point I made was that people always overreact in this early stage.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
In other NFC East news, after reportedly being off, it appears the Maxwell/Alonso trade with Miami is back on. And what does Miami give up to take the Eagles' trash that they are desperately trying to dump after just one season? That's right................ the Dolphins will swap #1 picks with them giving the Eagles the 8th pick in the draft.

Mike Tannenbaum, everyone.

I'm telling ya the iggles are going after Zeke! Mark it down...

jblaze2004

Reaction score
are we seriously trying to keep hayden. Great he will start next year if so. Can we just move on from that bum. I rather see irvin take his spot.