Giving the front office credit

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes, the "common trait of a narcissist bit". That's exactly what I was referring to friend.

And as I pointed out you took that as me trying to be textbook? That is what I was getting at about mindless flails. I criticized you and you have been going off for hours at this point. Just like you did with amber.

Fact is that narcissists go in all out attack mode when criticized. You are in all out attack mode after being criticized. Characterize how I pointed that out however you like but the points still stands. The also front that they aren't emotional when they do it.

It sure does seem like you are projecting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the difference between hitting and missing on the contract for this years cap is what?

Sorry stash but they were going to sign a corner and all that Carroll counts against the cap is $2m in dead money. That is the actual difference for all your anger.

Again what is "bull****" is your characterization that is was "epic." And that goes either way.

For the "smartest guy in the room", your math is terrible. The waste that was Nolan Carroll cost $4 million, for nothing. You can try to spin it and type until your fingers bleed, you're not changing that fact.

It has nothing to do with anything else they could have or would have done. It's what they did.

And you can project "anger" onto me as much as you want, I'm not the child unwilling to accept the reality of what actually happened. Or causing ill will with multiple people across the forum.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I have been arguing most of the points you made, and it makes no sense at all, to not have signed Martin and Lawerence to long-term deals, the longer they wait the more the price goes up, and in Martin's case it might already be too high for an OG. also I'm not sure putting a 2nd round tender on Irving was the right move either.

Cooper would've cost peanuts to keep and is a serviceable LG for us.

As for Witten, the only way we will move on is if he gets injured or retires, this is frustrating as hell, that they can't find a competent TE to groom behind Witten.

A few years back Romo went down, and we trotted Weeden, Cassell, and Moore out there and couldn't win a damn game. you would think they would've learned their lesson then....Nope!!

As for depth, this team has shown itself as clueless as can be, there is never a plan in place if the unexpected were to happen, and when it does they proceed to lose and lose often.

I'm not going to get into the idiotic coaching staff that's in place either.

We have 10 picks in the upcoming draft, if we can nail half of them...it could go along way for this team.
Cooper was a serviceable back up, thats all.
The short contracts were part of the other teams negotiations to .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The moves the fo are making simply put them in a position to draft the bpa. Given what they had to spend, not a bad overall strategy.

No, I give them credit for the most part. But they could still use another linebacker option and a player more capable of playing the single high safety that Richard likes and use deodorant a lot in Seattle.

Blake

Reaction score
I criticized you and you have been going off for hours at this point. Just like you did with amber.

Fact is that narcissists go in all out attack mode when criticized. You are in all out attack mode after being criticized. .

See, for this to work like you're envisioning, I actually have to feel criticized. I don't feel criticized.

Enjoy your fantasy and delusions of grandeur. :bow:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I’m not a supporter of Jerry Jones. He's responsible for the 2 decades of futility.
Good for you then. When they start to do things to help this organization win more than regular season games, you'd be amazed how forgiving I can be.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
For the "smartest guy in the room", your math is terrible. The waste that was Nolan Carroll cost $4 million, for nothing. You can try to spin it and type until your fingers bleed, you're not changing that fact.

It has nothing to do with anything else they could have or would have done. It's what they did.

And you can project "anger" onto me as much as you want, I'm not the child unwilling to accept the reality of what actually happened. Or causing ill will with multiple people across the forum.

So, if someone admits that signing Carroll was an EPIC FAILURE, what does that get you? Seriously. So what? It was an epic failure. **** happens. You move on.

If I recall, the Eagles signed Nnamdi Asomugha to a 5 year, $60M deal in 2011, with $25M guaranteed, and everyone was talking about how the Eagles outsmarted Jerry. They went 12-20 over the next two years, and Asomugha was cut after the 2012 season. $25M for 12-20. Now that is an EPIC FAILURE.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

My math is fine. I do not dispute that guaranteed amount. What you blithely ignore is the dead money he counts this year ie what matters now. If you want to rail over spilled milk then have fun I guess.

And your tone is angry, stash. All the profanity and the like is what it is. I like to argue and its not as if you are not being combative yourself. If you see it as a problem then I recommend introspection. I'm not upset and I am not insulting you at all whatsoever. You know I respect you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, if someone admits that signing Carroll was an EPIC FAILURE, what does that get you? Seriously. So what? It was an epic failure. **** happens. You move on.

It shows that you're mature enough to admit it.

Many of the kids aren't.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My math is fine. I do not dispute that guaranteed amount. What you blithely ignore is the dead money he counts this year ie what matters now. If you want to rail over spilled milk then have fun I guess.

Good, so $4 million it is. Thanks for admitting what everyone else already knew.

And your tone is angry, stash. All the profanity and the like is what it is. I like to argue and its not as if you are not being combative yourself. If you see it as a problem then I recommend introspection. I'm not upset and I am not insulting you at all whatsoever.

Colorful adjectives. I wouldn't use profanity if there's wasn't a filter for it. And keep in mind, you jumped in on me here, for the record.

You know I respect you.

I thought so, and I respect you as well, so it surprised me to see you come at me like this. But hey, I try my best not to hold grudges so we're still good.

It just seems like someone pissed in your cheerios lately, you've been ornery.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
See, for this to work like you're envisioning, I actually have to feel criticized. I don't feel criticized.

Enjoy your fantasy and delusions of grandeur. :bow:

Like I pointed out, narcissists always say they are unaffected.

And you are not even considering the implications of what you are saying. You just go out on all out attack for no reason? That is psychotic.

Amber and I criticized you and you went off both times. You can claim what you like but what you actually did when that happened speaks a completely different tune.

This is boring anyway. My point is made and I have no more desire to go in circles. Ciao, chachi.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Good, so $4 million it is. Thanks for admitting what everyone else already knew.

Colorful adjectives. I wouldn't use profanity if there's wasn't a filter for it. And keep in mind, you jumped in on me here, for the record.

I thought so, and I respect you as well, so it surprised me to see you come at me like this. But hey, I try my best not to hold grudges so we're still good.

It just seems like someone pissed in your cheerios lately, you've been ornery.

Come at you like what?

I just disagreed that it was epic and pointed out that he only counts $2m over the cap this season. I haven't gone after you at all beyond that.

Ive been combative forever and get into it with people all the time. The difference is the content of the board not me. You do agree the pessimism is remarkable this offseason, no?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what does that get me, pray tell?

A sense of well being knowing that you're someone who can deal with the truth instead of some warped fan version of it.

I hope that's enough for ya!
:thumbup:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
So the FO withheld news that T-Rex had been injured and only made it public after the surgery.

So the Hurns signing was more reactive than proactive....

Sure makes them look less cerebral and just reactionary.

Kinda the way they've been the past 20 plus years....

Wake me when you're all done celebrating their latest moves.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come at you like what?

I just disagreed that it was epic and pointed out that he only counts $2m over the cap this season. I haven't gone after you at all beyond that.

Ive been combative forever and get into it with people all the time. The difference is the content of the board not me. You do agree the pessimism is remarkable this offseason, no?

I do. But I can't blame people for feeling that way. It's been 20+ years now. And the team fell from 13-3 to 9-7.

The fans have a right to be down, especially when what most perceive to be am overmatched head coach continues to keep the job.

It's smarter to blame the people responsible for the frustration more than the fans for feeling it.