GMFB: How much credit does Dakota Prescott deserve for Cowboys win over Seahawks?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Hoping he can have a huge game this week.. the rams aren’t as good against the run so they may throw the sink at us.

Part of that is Elliott's best runs come against stacked boxes because once you make 1 man miss there's no one else there. There's also Austin, Cooper and Gallup, so good luck with the kitchen sink.

Falco78

Reaction score
Romo did not play fine in that seahawks game, 58% completion rate 6.8 per pass 89.6 QB rating. Not a horrible game but no better than a young Dak Prescott. The following season, NY game he has weapons a running game and a top defense and played poorly. I loved having Tony Romo but this BS of constant attacks on Dak is ridicules. Romo as a young QB who sat and learned before ever playing and learning from guys like Parcells and Payton before getting his chance still made a lot of mistakes and looked bad at times yet Prescott thrown in day 1 and done nothing but help this team win games and deserve better than he gets from this fan base
Well said!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's called the girl when it's mostly guys affect. Kay isn't ugly but she isn't can't look away good looking either. She's a girl I routinely see every day.
I realize there are better looking girls...Hell, I know several...but as I said, there's just something about her. Now I haven't watched the show much, and chances are if I did, I'd lose some of the enchantment, but for now...........

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whether deserved or not deserved, Dak will surely get the credit when they win and the blame when they lose.

As is always true, it goes with the territory! Like it or not, his fans will credit him, while his detractors refuse. ;)

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah its crazy right, and his 3rd year in the NFL he has the chance to tie Romo's all time playoff win record. You guys need to learn how to let go.
No.

They will not let go becuz it's easy to point to failure and say they were right all along.

It's human nature.

Whatever floats your boat.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Not to turn this into a classroom, but that isn’t what trolling is. I didn’t start the discussion and there was nothing trolling about my initial reply correcting the Oh_Canada troll. If you want to see trolling, look no farther than Oh_Canada or the Blake troll, not talking about football (because he has zero knowledge of It) and meekly trying to get a reaction out of people.
Didn't you post that it wasn't Romo's fault for the Seattle wildcard playoff loss?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Part of that is Elliott's best runs come against stacked boxes because once you make 1 man miss there's no one else there. There's also Austin, Cooper and Gallup, so good luck with the kitchen sink.
Was reading that the teams that had the best luck against the rams were the teams that let them run the ball and shut down the pass.

We have a good enough Defense to do both. If we can get pressure then we may do very well holding them.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That is factually not true - less int's per attempt than Aikman - a few more fumbles maybe.

I just get so sick of this lie and misrepresentation of the facts. Sometimes this board is like listening to a AOC interview where facts don't matter - just my feelings!

It gets so old!
We are all going to need mental health care after this is over.

I do not want to be here if we lose becuz the "I told you so and so.." fans..

will be out in full force with their laundry lists.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
People will do or say anything to discredit the Cowboys quarterback. He will win a ring and people will complain he didn’t do enough.

Here is my take:

Even if Dak wins the Super Bowl, he will still only be Trent Dilfer. That is not necessarily a bad thing. Dilfer drove the bus and made plays and won a championship. But expecting Dilfer to be Joe Montana was never gonna happen.

BRoni

Reaction score
How much credit does Dak get? Absolutely none. His lack of effort and inaccuracy was apparent in this game and Dallas won despite Dak. He was bailed out by WRs running good patterns, the run game and the defense.

Is this sarcasm? How about the TD pass that he threw that was absolutely perfect?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
We are all going to need mental health care after this is over.

I do not want to be here if we lose becuz the "I told you so and so.." fans..

will be out in full force with their laundry lists.

If so this would be a first, because we all certainly know this was never done with Romo :)

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Absolutely. Ya know it was strange during this game it didn’t look like he had that many yards. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw 137 yards on the ground. But he did stick a foot in the ground on that one run and take it outside and was gone.

That run he bounced to the outside was kind of mis leading, Because he made it look so easy and effortless but it really isn’t. That was a really good run

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Is this English? Romo played fine in the Seahawks game and you literally just quoted his higher QB rating than Dak’s. I’m going to assume that sounded better in your head.
Romo was ten times the passer Dak was even when he was at East Illinois. It’s funny because next year Dak is finally in his fourth year so at long last we can stop hearing all the complaints about who sat on the bench “learning”. We will see what excuses Dak slobberers come up with next year for his mediocre play.

Romo and CO. should've rolled the Seahawks that game. Too bad Dallas had a coward for a coach and he coached scared. Seahawks basically scrubs at CB and this "coach" didn't put the pedal down. You have Romo Glenn, Witten and Owens, no slouches there,.,, Yet.. Rex Grossman, Yes, REX GROSSMAN lights up the SAME secondary the next week? Really..

Ridiculous.. Dallas' coach called a gutless game. That game still miffs me and it pisses me off to no end that some still think that loss was on Romo. Ridiculous...

And, next week..Win or lose. Some in here will pin it all on Dak.. Here's to hoping Dak shuts them up and has them eating crow. So, they can whine about something else. "Oh, he only threw the ball deep and down field twice..".. Blah blah blah...Did they win? yes.. Then shut up.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Romo never “lost” a home wild card playoff game either. And he played a heck of a lot better than whatever that was Dak did for three quarters before becoming a clutch running back at the end.
Back under your rock, troll.

Damn, this is deja vu... I remember reading the same garbage when Romo was QB.. Having to come back in a game late. And, just like then, I will ask this now.."Was Dak playing for Jones when Lockett ran RIGHT BY him for a long gain? No, he wasn't. Was Dak on the field when the defense went into a defensive shell, letting the Seahawks go right down the field to make their last TD and this game even close.? No, he wasn't.

Please, stick with Madden.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dak has been getting better as the season rolls on. He's making smarter decisions, better throws, and throwing the ball away when needed. That run was great, and I love watching it, but I think they may be making a bit too much of it. To think of that run as Dak's defining moment is over hyping it. I think the TD throw to Beasley last week was much more impressive. Not only did he make a great throw, but he did so after a Houdini escape, while rolling left.

This run was awesome, and a clutch decision near the end of the game, but it was basically a straight shot, without having to break tackles (which he's done plenty of, in the past). I think the dive and flip at the end made it more exciting, but I really don't think it was his defining moment. That has yet to be achieved.
But it is building his legend.

That is just as important.

Blake

Reaction score
Here is my take:

Even if Dak wins the Super Bowl, he will still only be Trent Dilfer. That is not necessarily a bad thing. Dilfer drove the bus and made plays and won a championship. But expecting Dilfer to be Joe Montana was never gonna happen.

The Trent Dilfer stigma had long sinced died. You're as wrong as you are late with that disingenuous take.

ESisback

Reaction score
People always wanna credit one person. It’s a TEAM GAME! Dak gets credit, but so does Zeke and Cooper and the OL and the defense and the role players!