GMFB: How much credit does Dakota Prescott deserve for Cowboys win over Seahawks?

InTheZone

Reaction score
I have no idea what you are using to get those numbers but I think you much have been watching a different game.
without Dak's performance we wouldn't be having this discussion so I can't believe you say only 4%.
We wouldn't have won with just Zeke and Coop's performance, the leader of this team is more than responsible for this victory. I give credit to the Def of course for shutting them down in the first half, in the 2nd they could have done better.

The coaches get no credit with the exception of the def coaches, SL is still a bit conservative for me so not much credit due to him and his lazy game-plan.

Dak led us to the WIN, so he gets at least 50% of the credit. Without him we lose!!
No

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Romo never “lost” a home wild card playoff game either. And he played a heck of a lot better than whatever that was Dak did for three quarters before becoming a clutch running back at the end.
Back under your rock, troll.
Your calling a lot of people Trolls. Most honest Cowboys fans understand Romo was a very good QB, but he never stepped up in the playoffs. Dak is still a work in progress but right now, he is already more clutch than Romo ever was.

Nexx

Reaction score
All he does is win games.

I am so tired of hearing "HE" wins the games. Most of our wins are from a combination of Zeke and the Defense. There are very few games that "HE" carried the team to the win. I hope once we pay him and we cannot afford all world RB's, Oline and great defense, he will then be ready to carry the team more often.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Your calling a lot of people Trolls. Most honest Cowboys fans understand Romo was a very good QB, but he never stepped up in the playoffs. Dak is still a work in progress but right now, he is already more clutch than Romo ever was.
What I don't get is why there is all of this back and forth between Fans, ya know??
I'm a Romo fan, I'm a Dak fan and more importantly I'm a Cowboys fan and a even bigger fan of winning. The truth is that in his first 3 years Dak has had better play than Romo did in his first few but... of course Romo was better than Dak at the moment, if he continues to grow he will surpass Romo.

I don't know how some of these guys call themselves cowboys fans, instead of being content with a Win they'd rather post every small detail of a bad decision or play of their QB!

Not true fans!!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo stepped up many times in the playoffs. Dak isn’t clutch. He’s a dink and dunk QB who if the defense holds the other team to a low enough score, Dak can come in and try to offset his three quarters of nothing with a clutch QB draw or something. Dak isn’t 1/10th of the QB Romo was and as soon as the run game and defense go through an inevitable tough patch, he’ll be relegated to the CFL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak made the plays when called upon. B+

I dont even put the pick on him because it shoukd have been PI.
He was fine.
To be fair though, you can't remove picks because you think there was interference (or a bad route by WR) unless you're going to add them when a db drops the pick. That happened once or twice in the game.
I'd stay with one pick and be happy

Oddly, someone told me that after only 2 playoff games Dak now has as many redzone picks (2) as any Cowboys QB in the playoffs...ever.

Last edited:

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Romo stepped up many times in the playoffs. Dak isn’t clutch. He’s a dink and dunk QB who if the defense holds the other team to a low enough score, Dak can come in and try to offset his three quarters of nothing with a clutch QB draw or something. Dak isn’t 1/10th of the QB Romo was and as soon as the run game and defense go through an inevitable tough patch, he’ll be relegated to the CFL.
you must be a eagles Fan

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
3rd and 14....biggest play of the game. He is a big reason for their success.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What I don't get is why there is all of this back and forth between Fans, ya know??
I'm a Romo fan, I'm a Dak fan and more importantly I'm a Cowboys fan and a even bigger fan of winning. The truth is that in his first 3 years Dak has had better play than Romo did in his first few but... of course Romo was better than Dak at the moment, if he continues to grow he will surpass Romo.

I don't know how some of these guys call themselves cowboys fans, instead of being content with a Win they'd rather post every small detail of a bad decision or play of their QB!

Not true fans!!
Yeah
I pull for both players and always have.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hhe was fine.
To be fair though, you can't remove picks because you think there was inference (or a bad route by WR) unless you're going add them when a db drops the pick. That happened once or twice in the game.
I'd stay with one pick and be happy

Oddly, someone told me that after only playoff two games he does now have as many redzone picks (2) as any Cowboys QB in the playoffs...ever.

That was a bad throw. Great play by the LB. Good non call on PI, imo.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He's got the heart of a lion. Absolutely brilliant with the run. I think he should get quite a bit of credit, along with the rest of the team and the defence.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Not true fans!!
I agree with most of your post, but nobody should be deciding what makes a true fan, and what doesn't.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You often make good, valid points, but when you make such extreme statements...well, I'm sure you've dealt with enough people like that to know how it looks.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I am so tired of hearing "HE" wins the games. Most of our wins are from a combination of Zeke and the Defense. There are very few games that "HE" carried the team to the win. I hope once we pay him and we cannot afford all world RB's, Oline and great defense, he will then be ready to carry the team more often.

This is a very real concern that any rational person should have.

Would love to see how Dak's "intangibles" pay off when AC, Zack, Zeke, and half the defense are gone because he's getting $30 mil a year.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You often make good, valid points, but when you make such extreme statements...well, I'm sure you've dealt with enough people like that to know how it looks.
It would be kinda funny if the NFL could send players down to the CFL, Premier League style...

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I agree with most of your post, but nobody should be deciding what makes a true fan, and what doesn't.

Dang it, there you go again with your rational, level headed voice of reason business....

I know you've done it to me a time or two as well...... :grin: