GMFB: How much credit does Dakota Prescott deserve for Cowboys win over Seahawks?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know, REAL silly notion to try to do this, but why not....

22 starters plus backups and special teams and coaches. Say split up between maybe 35-40 people..
so all equal 2-2.5%

So give him a triple share = 6-7.5%

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
QB rating of 83.3. I bad pass dropped his rating from 105 to 83 on the INT/PI/should have been a TD pass.

QBR of 72 - not sure what that 1 pass did to him there.

Absent the one pass, as a passer he did a good job, not great but no other glaring mistakes and a nice TD pass to Gallup.

It was a nice all around effort by the team (playoff winning football) and Dak made the play of the game to seal it. He deserves a lot of credit for that!

He had 2 (maybe one but I feel like I remember another) passes in the first half that were crazy stupid and could have been picked for disastrous consequence, but overall no-harm no-foul.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
To answer the question about the thread, he had a lot to do with it, but to say he won the game takes away from a great catch by Gallup, 3 inspired runs by Elliott, an amazing first half by Antwaun Woods and Maliek Collins and the overall bottling up of the Seahawks' running attack. He was big, but the best thing about Dak is that he isn't the ONLY person winnign games. He contributes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
People always wanna credit one person. It’s a TEAM GAME! Dak gets credit, but so does Zeke and Cooper and the OL and the defense and the role players!

Your right, I take nothing away from the others in the game and for Dallas to move on from the divisional round will take the same team effort, guys stepping up and making critical plays. Dak did was not perfect but he did some good things in the game and made some critical plays to help his team win. I don't care so much about individual stats, we have seen many years of stats with no results. Only stat I care about is Team and guys stepping up and making the though plays at those big moments

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Dak - 25%
Zeke - 35%
Defense - 30%
Everyone else - 10%

aikemirv

Reaction score
He had 2 (maybe one but I feel like I remember another) passes in the first half that were crazy stupid and could have been picked for disastrous consequence, but overall no-harm no-foul.
I don't remember them. I remember a couple from the Giants game.

By the way, my memory sucks!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know, REAL silly notion to try to do this, but why not....

22 starters plus backups and special teams and coaches. Say split up between maybe 35-40 people..
so all equal 2-2.5%

So give him a triple share = 6-7.5%

lol.... What percentage of the blame would he have gotten as the QB had they lost? Many have said here that QB are judge by post season success or failure.

DFWJC

Reaction score
lol.... What percentage of the blame would he have gotten as the QB had they lost? Many have said here that QB are judge by post season success or failure.
This IS just goofing off, right?
:laugh:
Anyway, to answer: Depends on how good (or bad) they played. But if he played his exact same game and we lost for some reason, I'd still grade him the same.
I thought Dak was just fine. Nothing great but not bad either. Maybe better than average though.
Because he plays QB, I gave him an extra large share of the credit anyway, because I roll like that:muttley:

Zeke outplayed the average starting RB by a mile, so his effort I guess I'd give him an extra bump beyond what I'd usually give a RB. Same with Cooper.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If he does not convert the 3rd and 14 and we kick a FG and get beat, the bad pass that resulted in the PI/INT would have been much more scrutinized and we would be arguing who was at fault for the illegal formation against Brown when he was not set for a second.

Blake

Reaction score
To answer the question about the thread, he had a lot to do with it, but to say he won the game takes away from a great catch by Gallup, 3 inspired runs by Elliott, an amazing first half by Antwaun Woods and Maliek Collins and the overall bottling up of the Seahawks' running attack. He was big, but the best thing about Dak is that he isn't the ONLY person winnign games. He contributes.

The "great catch" by Gallup was pin pointed directly on his right shoulder. He didn't have to do anything but cradle the damn ball.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak - 25%
Zeke - 35%
Defense - 30%
Everyone else - 10%
This just in. If defesne only gets 30% everyone else (offense and special teams) combine to only get 10%, then Dallas loses by 40 points.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Anyway, to answer: Depends on how good (or bad) they played. But he played his exact same game and we lost for some reason, I'd still grade him the same.
I thought Dak was just fine. Nothing great but not bad either. Maybe better than average though.
Because he plays QB, I gave him an extra large share of the credit anyway, becasue I roll like that:muttley:

Zeke outplayed the average starting RB by a mile, so his effort I guess I'd give him an extra bump beyond what I'd usually give a RB. Same with Cooper.

And the run D in my opinion get 50% of winning credit. That was the key to the game!

DFWJC

Reaction score
And the run D in my opinion get 50% of winning credit. That was the key to the game!
Dallas definitely stuffed them and took them WAY out of their game.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
…. Romo played fine in the Seahawks game and you literally just quoted his higher QB rating than Dak’s. I’m going to assume that sounded better in your head.
……………..
Plus, average QB ratings were FAR lower in 2006 than in 2018.

This is fact: an 86 rating in 2006 was the statistical equivalent to a 98 or 99 rating in 2018.

I do think you're a bit hard on Dak though. He's better than you say...imo.

Anyway, some 2006 vs 2018 stas trivia

Top 10 QB rating average
2006 was 93.9 (10th place was 86.5)
2018 was 106.1 (10th place was 99.7)

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Anyway, to answer: Depends on how good (or bad) they played. But if he played his exact same game and we lost for some reason, I'd still grade him the same.
Because he plays QB, I gave him an extra large share of the credit anyway, because I roll like that:muttley:

actually not goofing, QB as they say gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for loses. Romo likely will not make the HOF and why? He has very good passing numbers but he has little playoff success or a SB. It just seems criteria tends to change based on how the person feels personally about the QB. I agree with Zeke play but then doesn't Zeke play tie in directly to the guys up front blocking? Cooper got 106 but didn't that happen because Dak got him the ball? I do agree ultimately it is the overall team who wins but seldom does a QB not take a hugh chuck of blame for any loss fair or unfair.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Count the players starting on the team. If I included coaches and special teams it would be even lower
I have no idea what you are using to get those numbers but I think you much have been watching a different game.
without Dak's performance we wouldn't be having this discussion so I can't believe you say only 4%.
We wouldn't have won with just Zeke and Coop's performance, the leader of this team is more than responsible for this victory. I give credit to the Def of course for shutting them down in the first half, in the 2nd they could have done better.

The coaches get no credit with the exception of the def coaches, SL is still a bit conservative for me so not much credit due to him and his lazy game-plan.

Dak led us to the WIN, so he gets at least 50% of the credit. Without him we lose!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
actually not goofing, QB as they say gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for loses. Romo likely will not make the HOF and why? He has very good passing numbers but he has little playoff success or a SB. It just seems criteria tends to change based on how the person feels personally about the QB. I agree with Zeke play but then doesn't Zeke play tie in directly to the guys up front blocking? Cooper got 106 but didn't that happen because Dak got him the ball? I do agree ultimately it is the overall team who wins but seldom does a QB not take a hugh chuck of blame for any loss fair or unfair.
I agree, they do get too much credit and blame fairly often.
That's why I didn't assign so much credit (but still a lot, imo) for what I thought was an okay or slightly better performance by Dak.
Same would apply if they lost.

As for Romo. Yeah, he as the QB gets dinged for the overall team not winning more. The QB IS the most important single player, but that still if only a fraction of the overall team.
If he had actually been able to play more than 8 full seasons--say 12 -13 healthy seasons--he'd have had numbers to support HOF regardless of the lack of playoff success by the team.
But he didn't have that either. So I'd be surprised if he gets in.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
According to ESPN Dak recieves 2.38% credit for the win against the Hawks.

Before anyone argues against the numbers Disney INC employs top ranked number crunchers....and I believe ESPN uses twitter.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree, they do get too much credit and blame fairly often.
That's why I didn't assign so much credit (but still a lot, imo) for what I thought was an okay or slightly better performance by Dak.
Same would apply if they lost.

As for Romo. Yeah, he as the QB gets dinged for the overall team not winning more. The QB IS the most important single player, but that still if only a fraction of the overall team.
If he had actually been able to play more than 8 full seasons--say 12 -13 healthy seasons--he'd have had numbers to support HOF regardless of the lack of playoff success by the team.
But he didn't have that either. So I'd be surprised if he gets in.

As you notice I did not assign any percent. I know for this team to win or any team to win it will take the team to go out and get it done, however not naïve to the fact that the biggest burden is placed on the QB which is why the media attaches won\loss record on QB's They show Goff and Dak they also show total wins and loses, it is not fair or correct in doing it but it is the burden placed on the QB and the pressure that comes with the position.