Video: GMFB Thinks Abram is Our Guy at 58

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Abram will be off the board by first couple of picks on day 2, if not the end of rd 1. As for Rapp, I'd rather have Gardner-Johnson. He's the only one of the 2 that shows the range/coverage of an NFL FS. Hopefully CGJ falls within striking distance for a small trade-up. I think Rapp will be there at 58, to the surprise of many. I'd actually rather have Thornhill than Rapp, if we're looking for an upgrade over Woods.
I’m pretty sure they’re wanting to replace Heath and not Woods. I think Dallas is pretty happy with Xavier and I’ve read that from local media as well.

I do agree that Abram will be gone pretty quickly in round 2.

conner01

Reaction score
Trading up would be a huge mistake. If this is going to be more than a one player draft, they have to nail both the 2nd and 3rd.
Moving up a few spots for a special guy in a normal draft is fine. But when you have no number one you have to make every pick count.
Also we have so many contracts expire next year this draft is a big part, as well as next years, in filling those holes
This year you just stand pat and make good picks

Carson

Reaction score
Moving up a few spots for a special guy in a normal draft is fine. But when you have no number one you have to make every pick count.
Also we have so many contracts expire next year this draft is a big part, as well as next years, in filling those holes
This year you just stand pat and make good picks

So that means, Jerry will get crazy with our picks and trade like crazy lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I honestly think there’s a good chance Dallas goes RB in the 3rd. Truly.

If Harris is there, I think they’ll pull the trigger unless someone unexpected is there.

I hope not. I just don't see the touches to justify the pick.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I hope not. I just don't see the touches to justify the pick.
I really don’t either... but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

I still think RB in the 4th is what will end up happening, but I think Harris might could change that to the 3rd.

In any event, I am past ready to get a capable backup to Elliott.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I honestly think there’s a good chance Dallas goes RB in the 3rd. Truly.

If Harris is there, I think they’ll pull the trigger unless someone unexpected is there.

Only if that means the end of Zeke in the following season which they already denied..i think it was SJ who said recently that they plan to pick up his 5th year option.

I dont think you can justify putting so many resources into one position. A 4th overall and a third rounder. Especially when you already are missing a first. Your 3rd rounder should be a starter. Or at least one in the following season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No thx. I don't want a guy in the secondary that can't cover. It's a passing league box safeties shouldn't be valued that highly. Would rather have savage, gardner, adderly, thornhill instead.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No thx. I don't want a guy in the secondary that can't cover. It's a passing league box safeties shouldn't be valued that highly. Would rather have savage, gardner, adderly, thornhill instead.
They would use Abram similar to how Richard used Cam Chancellor in Seattle. He would be great playing that way. His coverage would be quite a bit better than Cam, actually.

His game is perfect for how he’d be used in Dallas, IMO.

They’re not looking to replace Woods, I don’t think. They want someone to play closer to the line of scrimmage.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I disagree. I see it completely opposite. think we need to upgrade SS and Woods is good (and will get batter) at FS. I have issues with Woods tackling near the line.

Right or wrong I think Dallas agrees with you and it's why they've brought in almost exclusively SS type players. They never talked with Savage, Thompson, Adderley, or Hooker who most consider to be more FS prospects. The Cowboys never seem to disguise what they're doing and all signs point to a Woods/Heath FS duo with IIoka/Rookie(Abram, Thornhill, Rapp,Gardner) playing the SS spot. I expect they'll also draft a big corner at some point that has some position flexibility.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Right or wrong I think Dallas agrees with you and it's why they've brought in almost exclusively SS type players. They never talked with Savage, Thompson, Adderley, or Hooker who most consider to be more FS prospects. The Cowboys never seem to disguise what they're doing and all signs point to a Woods/Heath FS duo with IIoka/Rookie(Abram, Thornhill, Rapp,Gardner) playing the SS spot. I expect they'll also draft a big corner at some point that has some position flexibility.
Yep. As much as I like Savage as a prospect, they didn’t even bring him in on a 30 visit. He wouldn’t be good up around the line like Dallas wants. It’s also why I worry about Thornhill’s toughness, although you got to love his athleticism.

Abram is pretty much the exact guy they’re looking for but he’ll most likely be gone by 40, IMO.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yep. As much as I like Savage as a prospect, they didn’t even bring him in on a 30 visit. He wouldn’t be good up around the line like Dallas wants. It’s also why I worry about Thornhill’s toughness, although you got to love his athleticism.

Abram is pretty much the exact guy they’re looking for but he’ll most likely be gone by 40, IMO.
I hope so I'm not a fan of his game. This defense has needed a playmaker in the secondary for 20 years.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score

I think he is what they're looking for and who they're looking at. I actually don't have Abram ranked as high as some others because I don't see him having much position flex. I think he's a box safety only and could struggle in coverage. I've felt all along that Abram and Rapp could be the two that take a tumble and that some of the guys like Savage and Garner would go before him. I'll be thrilled with any of them, it's a great year to need a safety.