Go Spurs Go

MC KAos

Reaction score
tiago also out tonight. id normally tack this as a loss, but its the mavs.

MC KAos

Reaction score
great way to start off this murderous row of the schedule, a good butt whooping to get backups some minutes and the main guys some rest, with our best player getting the night off all together. id be surprised if manu and tim play more than 2 more games in this stretch

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Tonight was almost a great night.....Spurs won, Mavs lost, but OKC won.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4477050 said:

ya, but i just dont see us catching them unless we go on a disgusting tear and end the season on a, like, 18-3 run or something. they are too young to take nights off for health and rest like we are about to in the next week. im more concerned no one catches us, specially the lakers and grizzle

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4477050 said:

btw were you able to watch the game? i heard Leonard and Diaw defended Dirk pretty well, if thats true i think we can take them easily in the playoffs

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;4477059 said:
btw were you able to watch the game? i heard Leonard and Diaw defended Dirk pretty well, if thats true i think we can take them easily in the playoffs

they frustrated the hell out of him, so much so that he got a T late.

now, Terry on the other hand, wide open all night....and Neal needs to stop going under the screen. Oh, and Kidd was left open for 3 a lot as well.....ugh.

we rebounded the ball very well.

btw, do not give up on the 1 seed yet. We still have the Thunder one more time. We are only 2 losses behind them.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4477068 said:
they frustrated the hell out of him, so much so that he got a T late.

now, Terry on the other hand, wide open all night....and Neal needs to stop going under the screen. Oh, and Kidd was left open for 3 a lot as well.....ugh.

we rebounded the ball very well.

btw, do not give up on the 1 seed yet. We still have the Thunder one more time. We are only 2 losses behind them.

i hope we can get it! we have enough depth to win games that we give the big 3 nights off. i just want to avoid the lakers in the first two rounds and have them, dallas and OKC in the opposite side of the bracket. besides memphis, i think we would easily beat everyone else in a 7 game series.

MC KAos

Reaction score
just read this on the game recap, this is exactly what we needed that S-Jak provides that jefferson didnt! and timmy is responding i think, they are pretty close friends (weird considering they seem to be completely different)

Terry's intensity was matched by the Spurs' Stephen Jackson, who was jawing with several Mavericks after Duncan fell to the floor after being fouled.

Duncan went down three times in the first half, jamming his neck after running into Ian Mahinmi's chest and falling over some photographers after saving a ball. Duncan also went down in the second quarter when Brian Cardinal attempted to swipe the ball and instead raked Duncan's right eye. The normally mild-mannered Duncan drove the lane and dunked on the ensuing play, staring at Cardinal with a discontented look.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i firmly believe that had Jax signed that contract in 2003, instead of bolting for the ATL, the Spurs would have won 4-5 consecutive titles.....as long as they remained healthy of course....Duncan, Manu, Parker, Bowen, and Jax.....that is one hell of a nucleus. You can even add Horry to that list...since he arrived after the 2004 season.

Reaction score
Biggems;4477276 said:
i firmly believe that had Jax signed that contract in 2003, instead of bolting for the ATL, the Spurs would have won 4-5 consecutive titles.....as long as they remained healthy of course....Duncan, Manu, Parker, Bowen, and Jax.....that is one hell of a nucleus. You can even add Horry to that list...since he arrived after the 2004 season.

No offense man, but that's ridiculous. Obviously they would of had the talent to do it, but winning one title is hard enough. Trying to repeat is damn near impossible, but to win 4 or 5 in a row that's just pure fantasy.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4477276 said:

Cowboys&LakersFan;4477391 said:
No offense man, but that's ridiculous. Obviously they would of had the talent to do it, but winning one title is hard enough. Trying to repeat is damn near impossible, but to win 4 or 5 in a row that's just pure fantasy.

it might sound ridiculous, but you got to remember how close the spurs were in 04 and 06. 04 was the derek fisher somehow catching, turning, kissing the ball, doing the jackie moon routine, dibbling between his legs 4 times, paying his taxes, buying insurance online, then somehow still had time to shot. then 06 was Manu's bonehead foul on Dirk in game 7 with the spurs up 3. they won the title the other 3 years in there, so it could have very easily been five in a row. Granted, history would have been very different had the spurs won, lets say, the 04 title. maybe a super team is built then to compete, maybe the spurs suffer a major injury from playing so many more games, etc.

the main reason the spurs lost in 04 was because the lakers were able to double and triple team duncan without repercussions. no one was able to hit WIDE open 3s consistently. S-Jak himself said in an interview after the spurs/lakers series that he wished he was still a spur, he would have hit those open shots. but instead, we have that disgrace hedo turkoglu in his place.

so in conclusion, if revisionist history only applied to the bad years, yeah we could have easily won 5 titles in a row. But, if we win even 2 in a row, i think other teams start doing different things so you cant assume we still win in 05 and 07.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

of course it is fantasy......but fantasy is based loosely on reality.

btw, I also believe that had Jimmy not left, the Cowboys win 4 in a row, if not more......Jimmy would have kept us drafting well, keeping the right guys, and signing the right FAs. Also, with Jimmy, does Big E screw up his career? I believe he doesn't.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

They won 3 out of 5.....in 04, they lose game 5 because of that fluke Fisher shot with 0.4 left. If he misses, the Spurs go back to LA up 1, and probably close out the series.....as the loser of game 5, especially when it is close, tends to have a letdown in game 6. Had the Spurs beaten LA, they would have handled Minnesota with ease. Now, they would have had to beat the Pistons who were beastly that year.....but I believe the Spurs could have done it, most likely in 7. Winning it in this season is a bit of a reach, cause of the strength of the Pistons.

In 06, it was even easier. They had game 7 won, but Manu fouled Dirk....had they won that game, they go on to play PHX who they absolutely owned. Then we get the Heat. Miami would have not done to us what they did to the Mavs. I firmly believe we would have won that series in 5.

MC KAos

Reaction score
I can't believe we almost lost to the FREAKING HORNETS!!!

I guess it's a good thing we got the W even if it was ugly! So TP got off last night, Manu tonight and from what I hear TD will be out tomorrow, along with Neal and splitter most likely. I think playing the sixers on the third night or the back to back to back is a guaranteed L. I'll be very surprised if we pull off a win

MC KAos

Reaction score

btw, id much rather look at taylor swift in your sig than those 4 ugly *******s! :p:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;4478033 said:
I can't believe we almost lost to the FREAKING HORNETS!!!

I guess it's a good thing we got the W even if it was ugly! So TP got off last night, Manu tonight and from what I hear TD will be out tomorrow, along with Neal and splitter most likely. I think playing the sixers on the third night or the back to back to back is a guaranteed L. I'll be very surprised if we pull off a win

I can.....NO has played well most of the season, they just dont have the horses to close out games. Also, we were missing 3 players and playing for the 2nd night in a row.

The Philly game will be another tough game, being the 3rd game in 3 nights. Philly plays well defensively. They also like to push the tempo a little bit. I have a feeling Timmy will get the night off this time, with Manu and Neal returning.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

You warring bastage..............no love for World Peace? :p:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4478169 said:
I can.....NO has played well most of the season, they just dont have the horses to close out games. Also, we were missing 3 players and playing for the 2nd night in a row.

The Philly game will be another tough game, being the 3rd game in 3 nights. Philly plays well defensively. They also like to push the tempo a little bit. I have a feeling Timmy will get the night off this time, with Manu and Neal returning.

tim will definitely get tomorrow night off IMO, i wonder who else pop will sit, the only other guys we have that are older that havent gotten rest are captain jack and diaw, but they just got here and need the reps, so i bet they play at least 15 to 20 minutes. I really hope we can pull it off, but tomorrow is one of the rare nights where we cant just outcoach a team. speaking of which, that hornets coach is pretty damn good! maybe a successor to pop someday?:D

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;4478173 said:
tim will definitely get tomorrow night off IMO, i wonder who else pop will sit, the only other guys we have that are older that havent gotten rest are captain jack and diaw, but they just got here and need the reps, so i bet they play at least 15 to 20 minutes. I really hope we can pull it off, but tomorrow is one of the rare nights where we cant just outcoach a team. speaking of which, that hornets coach is pretty damn good! maybe a successor to pop someday?:D

Coach Bud will probably be the 1st successor to Pop

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4478179 said:
Coach Bud will probably be the 1st successor to Pop

yeah, im surprised he hasnt had an offer from another team yet! i thought for sure he was gonna be pursued by the sonics when presti went there, instead he took carlisemo. I dont think the OKC coach is very good, so i still think that was a mistake.