Go Spurs Go

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
MC KAos;4485185 said:
Welp, I certainly wasn't expecting to go 5-0 in our stretch of five games in six days, but I'll sure as hell take it! Although, I've had a lot to do with this streak (in my mind) I've been wearing my spurs t-shirt every day since the run started and I intend to continue wearing it until we lose!

(full disclosure: I wash it every night, it's actually starting to look really beat up from all the washings!)

Depth. The Spurs have it like no one else.

MC KAos

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4485271 said:
Depth. The Spurs have it like no one else.

Word, if you had told me we were gonna win 5 games in 6 nights, including 3 teams with winning records, without the big 3 playing together in three of them and at least 2 key players resting every game? I would have laughed at your face! Now if you can tell me the winning numbers for the mega millions tomorrow that would be grand! :)

MC KAos

Reaction score
so do we want the lakers or thunder to win tonight? i think with so many back to backs and even one more back to back to back, we wont catch OKC anyway, so i think id rather have them win.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
MC KAos;4486491 said:
so do we want the lakers or thunder to win tonight? i think with so many back to backs and even one more back to back to back, we wont catch OKC anyway, so i think id rather have them win.

Yeah, I'm fine cruising into the playoffs with the #2 seed.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4486637 said:
Yeah, I'm fine cruising into the playoffs with the #2 seed.

If we can't catch OKC, then their win last night at least helps us perserve that #2 spot. The Spurs have three games against the Lakers in April so they need that extra cushion in the standings.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ThreeandOut;4486697 said:
If we can't catch OKC, then their win last night at least helps us perserve that #2 spot. The Spurs have three games against the Lakers in April so they need that extra cushion in the standings.

Yup, 3 games with the lakers in a 9 day span! Plus another game with the grizzle in that same time frame. Luckily we really should win every other game outside those 4. But we have lots of back to backs to deal with too so I'm sure we will lose a game or two that we shouldnt be

MC KAos

Reaction score
also, duncan tied shaq for second most double doubles all time! in 4 less seasons no less!

this might be the best duncan has played since 2007! hope he stays fresh, healthy and continues to play like this, we'll have a good chance to win the title if he does!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I was at the game last night.......We had this game in hand and it should have been a blowout....but we got careless late in the 2nd, and came out a little out of sorts in the 3rd.....Paul George made us pay big time during that span. He was the main reason the Pacers were even in the game in the 2nd half.

When Hill came in the game the first time, he got a nice ovation.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i like george hill a lot, but that trade was amazing for the spurs! i just wish we had a first rounder this year! i bet there will be a player that drops that would be perfect for us! i bet sullinger or barnes makes it to the late teens early 20s

juck

Reaction score
You guys look like the best team in the west,now. We shall see.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4489584 said:
You guys look like the best team in the west,now. We shall see.

yup, but like you said, thats right now. we got lots of games left so there is still time for the annual injury that will screw us in the playoffs...sigh...

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4489841 said:
They did last year in the regular season as well. Just saying.

For the most part, but not at this stage. We started struggling around this same time last year, and Duncan and ginobili getting hurt didn't help either. We are playing a lot better this year than we were last year at this point in the season. But, like I said before, we are one bad landing, hit or fall to number 9, 20 or 21 to being back to the norm of injuries derailing us b4 the playoffs

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Spurs kill the Cavs.......great win.....and if Philly wins, we pass the Heat in the league standings.....meaning only the Thunder and Bulls have HCA over us come playoff time.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4492653 said:
Spurs kill the Cavs.......great win.....and if Philly wins, we pass the Heat in the league standings.....meaning only the Thunder and Bulls have HCA over us come playoff time.

Best of all, we didn't have to play anyone lots of minutes so we have most everyone well rested for the big game vs the celtics tomorrow!

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Patty Mills with 20 points tonight. They were saying that it was the 11th different player this year to lead the team in scoring.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
thanks for the help Filthy.....stupid Suxers can't do anything right....:bang2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
wow, that was a pathetic showing in the second half! its really frustrating, it seems like every time we play the celtics, we get out to massive leads, and they just come back and beat us! luckily this time around we were at least able to win the game in the end! very luckily i might add! it was the second night of a back to back, but they basically have like 6 or 7 good players they give minutes to, we play like 10 or 11 guys, so thats no excuse! i swear id much rather play the heat or bulls than the celtics in the finals if we can make it!