Go Spurs Go

MC KAos

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR6AgYWdoBQ

just stumbled upon this video. some greatness by some great big men! shaq completely destroying malik and david robinson (man, david was a shell of himself here, sad to see really!). duncan abusing everyone, including shaq! fisher, ginobili, parker, kobe, bowen, horry, stephen jackson looking SUPER young! but most of all i think remembering back to those years, in my mind, its obvious that at their peak, shaq and duncan were better than kobe. I honestly dont see a team built around him in his prime beating a team built around shaq or duncan in their prime, just so dominant!

i think thats one reason MJ is the greatest of all time, because he won 6 titles as the best player, without so much as a good big man, while playing in arguably the period with the greatest big men ever!

ps love bowen pulling the chair on kobe early on in the video, lol

Reaction score
MC KAos;4478278 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR6AgYWdoBQ

just stumbled upon this video. some greatness by some great big men! shaq completely destroying malik and david robinson (man, david was a shell of himself here, sad to see really!). duncan abusing everyone, including shaq! fisher, ginobili, parker, kobe, bowen, horry, stephen jackson looking SUPER young! but most of all i think remembering back to those years, in my mind, its obvious that at their peak, shaq and duncan were better than kobe. I honestly dont see a team built around him in his prime beating a team built around shaq or duncan in their prime, just so dominant!

i think thats one reason MJ is the greatest of all time, because he won 6 titles as the best player, without so much as a good big man, while playing in arguably the period with the greatest big men ever!

ps love bowen pulling the chair on kobe early on in the video, lol

It's not obvious at all. Kobe was at his peak in 2006 which is when he averaged 35 ppg in a season and scored 81 points in a single game. You mean to tell me Duncan and Shaq were obviously better than that guy? At that time Kobe had a horrendous supporting cast. I mean three of his starters were Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton. I doubt Shaq or Duncan would've taken that team any further than Kobe did.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4478557 said:
It's not obvious at all. Kobe was at his peak in 2006 which is when he averaged 35 ppg in a season and scored 81 points in a single game. You mean to tell me Duncan and Shaq were obviously better than that guy? At that time Kobe had a horrendous supporting cast. I mean three of his starters were Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton. I doubt Shaq or Duncan would've taken that team any further than Kobe did.

Remind me how Kobe's lakers did in the 06 playoffs? Duncan took much worse teams than that longer. The 03 spurs were a bunch of old *** players, first and second year players not yet reaching their potential, yet TD willed them to a title, winning it about as single handedly as its possible to win an NBA title. Shaq and Duncan could do that because they dominated the paint on offense AND defense. Kobe never got his team mates wide open shots like shaq and TD, and he never single handedly could take over a game defensively. Most importantly, when has Kobe made a player around him better?

I'm not trying to dog Kobe, I just don't see how he can be considered better than shaq or Duncan. Either way the only wrong opinion is putting any on of those 3 more than 1 or 2 spots away if you were ranking all time greatest nba players

MC KAos

Reaction score
Wow, can't believe we swept the back to back to back! And not only beating 2 really good teams, but SPANKING them! Anyone know if anyone else has swept their back to back to back? Our depth is showing! Getting 3 guys rest each night and still winning!

Kind of hoping the thunder and lakers lose so we can do some damage in the standings

Reaction score
MC KAos;4479149 said:
Remind me how Kobe's lakers did in the 06 playoffs? Duncan took much worse teams than that longer. The 03 spurs were a bunch of old *** players, first and second year players not yet reaching their potential, yet TD willed them to a title, winning it about as single handedly as its possible to win an NBA title. Shaq and Duncan could do that because they dominated the paint on offense AND defense. Kobe never got his team mates wide open shots like shaq and TD, and he never single handedly could take over a game defensively. Most importantly, when has Kobe made a player around him better?

I'm not trying to dog Kobe, I just don't see how he can be considered better than shaq or Duncan. Either way the only wrong opinion is putting any on of those 3 more than 1 or 2 spots away if you were ranking all time greatest nba players

What are you talking about man? :laugh2:

That 2003 team may have be older, but they were still a terrific team aside from Duncan. Put Kobe on that team and they win the title. Put Duncan on the 2006 Lakers and they are a first round exit as well. Duncan NEVER had a supporting cast as bad as Kobe's in 06. He's always had either Robinson, Parker, or Ginobli. One year he had all 3 the rest of the time he had at least 2 of those guys. He's had a terrific supporting cast his entire career. Kobe doesn't make his teammates better seriously? Haven't you noticed how when players leave the Lakers they fall of the map? Look at Lamar Odom. Kobe to this day gets wide open shots for his teammates and he definitely did in his prime. In 2006 Kobe played with the likes of Smush freaking Parker, Kwamay Brown, Luke Walton, and Brian Cook. Duncan has never played with trash like that.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
great win.....hopefully we will have a full roster come Tuesday. I know the Big 3 should play....but I also want Splitter and Neal back.

I am glad to have Jax back, and I am ok with the Diaw signing.....but for the love of the dirty river, can they be a just a little more selfish offensively. Most of their turnovers come when they pass up wide open shots to try to make an extra pass, usually to one another. Just shoot the shot, especially Jax.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Utah lost :D

unfortunately the Heat are getting handled by OKC.....when I actually want those clowns from South Beach to win, they play like dogs:mad:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4479200 said:
What are you talking about man? :laugh2:

That 2003 team may have be older, but they were still a terrific team aside from Duncan. Put Kobe on that team and they win the title. Put Duncan on the 2006 Lakers and they are a first round exit as well. Duncan NEVER had a supporting cast as bad as Kobe's in 06. He's always had either Robinson, Parker, or Ginobli. One year he had all 3 the rest of the time he had at least 2 of those guys. He's had a terrific supporting cast his entire career. Kobe doesn't make his teammates better seriously? Haven't you noticed how when players leave the Lakers they fall of the map? Look at Lamar Odom. Kobe to this day gets wide open shots for his teammates and he definitely did in his prime. In 2006 Kobe played with the likes of Smush freaking Parker, Kwamay Brown, Luke Walton, and Brian Cook. Duncan has never played with trash like that.

Way to selectively omit odom, bynum, and deven George from your roster breakdown of the 06 lakers. Odom is trash now because he didn't want to leave LA and he has lots of personal issues, it has 0% to do with not playing with Kobe. The 03 spurs had NAMES that were good at one point, but how do u want to claim it was a good roster when the second and third best players on the team has a guy with his prime in the early 90s and the other still isn't even in his prime? That was a great roster of guys way past or nowhere near their prime. Even at the time it was considered a rebuilding year and no one gave the spurs a shot, yet Duncan dominated one of the greatest teams ever and SINGLEHANDEDLY beat shaq in his prime when he had a near prime Kobe on his team. Don't forget, the lakers were terrible up to the point of the gasol trade.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ps the spurs are the fifth team to go 3-0 In the back to back to back stretch. I'm sure the bulls did it also

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4479208 said:
great win.....hopefully we will have a full roster come Tuesday. I know the Big 3 should play....but I also want Splitter and Neal back.

I am glad to have Jax back, and I am ok with the Diaw signing.....but for the love of the dirty river, can they be a just a little more selfish offensively. Most of their turnovers come when they pass up wide open shots to try to make an extra pass, usually to one another. Just shoot the shot, especially Jax.

Awesome win, I don't think the big 3 play any games together the next 2 games, I bet Manu gets the first game off and tim gets off the second game of the back to back, with Parker, being the spring chicken, playing both.

I saw a tweet by Jeff McDonald were he talked about jak and Diaw messing up passes to each other, I'm sure by playoff time they will be more comfortable. As for the passing, I don't mind it, it's working, we are #4 in terms of PPG! Not those boring spurs anymore!

Biggems;4479212 said:
Utah lost :D

unfortunately the Heat are getting handled by OKC.....when I actually want those clowns from South Beach to win, they play like dogs:mad:

Ya, stupid heat! Hopefully the lakers lose so we can get a bigger cushion on them

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well OKC won, bummer...but at least the Heat lost, so it wasn't all bad.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4479213 said:
Way to selectively omit odom, bynum, and deven George from your roster breakdown of the 06 lakers. Odom is trash now because he didn't want to leave LA and he has lots of personal issues, it has 0% to do with not playing with Kobe. The 03 spurs had NAMES that were good at one point, but how do u want to claim it was a good roster when the second and third best players on the team has a guy with his prime in the early 90s and the other still isn't even in his prime? That was a great roster of guys way past or nowhere near their prime. Even at the time it was considered a rebuilding year and no one gave the spurs a shot, yet Duncan dominated one of the greatest teams ever and SINGLEHANDEDLY beat shaq in his prime when he had a near prime Kobe on his team. Don't forget, the lakers were terrible up to the point of the gasol trade.

Devean George is trash always has been and will be. Odom was a good player, but not a legit #2 option more of a 3rd or 4th. Bynum was like my age lol. He was very inexperienced and didn't play much. Again the Spurs had a quality roster. Yeah they had some past prime players, but they were still solid role players.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Anyone else not remotely surprised that Richard Head Crawford's crew gives Tim a technical foul on a day when he's not even dressed for the game?

Joey, the game IS NOT about you. *****.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4479417 said:
Anyone else not remotely surprised that Richard Head Crawford's crew gives Tim a technical foul on a day when he's not even dressed for the game?

Did anyone else see the box score for last night's game? Duncan's status was "DND-Old.". I wonder if Tim got that technical foul for telling Crawford to get off his lawn.

juck

Reaction score
Biggems;4479263 said:
well OKC won, bummer...but at least the Heat lost, so it wasn't all bad.
I have a question. Since i dont many Spurs games obviously.When is the last time Duncan actually played PF? Hasnt he mostly played at the C spot for the last 5 years? Just curious. He is always listed as a PF but I always see him playing Center.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
juck;4479547 said:
I have a question. Since i dont many Spurs games obviously.When is the last time Duncan actually played PF? Hasnt he mostly played at the C spot for the last 5 years? Just curious. He is always listed as a PF but I always see him playing Center.

Duncan plays C on defense because he has a harder time guarding quicker PF's anymore. But on offense he's still a PF. He plays a lot now at the top of the key and probably takes more outside shots from that area than he did in the past.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4479547 said:

he has been playing Center (in reality) since rasho nesterovic was traded before the 06-07 season. But when Splitter plays he goes back to playing PF.

Duncan has always played D vs the worse of the 2 big front court players in the opposite team so he can control the paint and help out his teammates and to avoid foul trouble. but once the fourth quarter starts, he starts guarding the best big man.

i remember shaq being asked that same question, and he answered "Timmy isnt a true big man, not really, he is a PF not a C"

reporter: "so in the fourth quarter, who guards him?"

shaq"i do"

reporter: "and who guards you?"

Shaq"he does"

Cowboys&LakersFan;4479268 said:
Devean George is trash always has been and will be. Odom was a good player, but not a legit #2 option more of a 3rd or 4th. Bynum was like my age lol. He was very inexperienced and didn't play much. Again the Spurs had a quality roster. Yeah they had some past prime players, but they were still solid role players.

devean george was a pretty important role player for 3 title teams. and i threw bynum in there to make the point about ginobili and parker and jackson in 03, ginobili was a rookie and parker was a 19 year old second year player. dont forget 98 year old steve kerr was the second most important player in the conference finals vs the mavs. and then the league has the nerve to put him in a spurs/lakers confernce finals game, and of course he swallows his whistle on a clear fisher foul of brent barry on a game tying shot! that guy is a tool, screw joey crawford! ugly mother ****er! (i hope to god the filter works here!)

my point is that I personally think duncan was the best of those three, with shaq and kobe being 2 and 3. there is no wrong opinion in ranking those 3 because they are so close. the only wrong opinion is saying one is clearly better than the other two and having him like 5 spots higher than the other 2 in ranking nba players.

SaltwaterServr;4479417 said:

seriously, i saw someone tweet about it, but it wasnt crawford. i immediately thought, i wonder how close crawford was to the other ref, i bet he ordered him to do it! i wish he would have "retired" after his debacle with duncan in 07. and then the call he clearly didnt make out of spite in the 08 conference finals? god i hate that guy!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Welp, I certainly wasn't expecting to go 5-0 in our stretch of five games in six days, but I'll sure as hell take it! Although, I've had a lot to do with this streak (in my mind) I've been wearing my spurs t-shirt every day since the run started and I intend to continue wearing it until we lose!

(full disclosure: I wash it every night, it's actually starting to look really beat up from all the washings!)