Go Spurs Go

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4422179 said:
They just can't get a break when it comes to injuries. Since their 07 title they've been the most injury ridden team in the league by far.

Portland is arguable worse off with Roy and Oden being hurt all the time. Houston can also give them a run with McGrady and Yao rarely ever playing together.

Reaction score
Cythim;4422185 said:
Portland is arguable worse off with Roy and Oden being hurt all the time. Houston can also give them a run with McGrady and Yao rarely ever playing together.

Oh yeah my bad forgot about Portland.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4422179 said:
They just can't get a break when it comes to injuries. Since their 07 title they've been the most injury ridden team in the league by far.

Cythim;4422185 said:

The difference between Portland is that I doubt they would have won a title anyway. Roy was great, but Oden never proved anything even when healthy. Houston, who knows, tmac and Yao were top 2 or 3 at their positions in their prime years! But either way it's questionable wether they were true contenders like the spurs. The problem for the spurs has not been how many injuries or how bad they are, it's to whom and when they happen! I just hope to god TP doesn't get hurt, he has been playing at an MVP level this season and he seems to play better when going up against the best PGs in the league, gotta love that! We also can't afford to lose TD, mainly because we are so thin at that position to begin with, but he is also pretty clutch at the end of close games

MC KAos

Reaction score
we really need to win this next game vs the jazz, there is no way we are going to win in portland the very next day without manu and splitter. In fact, it wouldnt surprise me if Pop decided to give TD one of his classic DNP:CD for that one.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
MC KAos;4422355 said:
we really need to win this next game vs the jazz, there is no way we are going to win in portland the very next day without manu and splitter. In fact, it wouldnt surprise me if Pop decided to give TD one of his classic DNP:CD for that one.

It's going to be hard to give Duncan a DNP with only three big men. I guess Leonard and Jefferson will be getting a lot of playing time at PF.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I dont count Oden for Portland....they guy played a total of 5 minutes in the NBA since he has been drafted.....Should have drafted Durant, instead of Bowie 2.0

I will definitely give you Roy. He was a very good young player on the cusp of making out a great career.....unfortunately his injury destroyed all that, kind of reminds me of Terrell Brandon. it is very sad indeed, although as a Spurs fan, at least I no longer have to worry about him beating us with buzzer beaters.

The only reason the Manu injuries are so hurtful for the Spurs is cause of his all around game, and there is simply no replacement for everything he gives the team on both ends. This year we have Green who is doing very well on both ends and Leonard who is making all around hustle plays. So the impact of Manu's injury is not felt as much. Now the Splitter injury will be felt, cause of our lack of depth in the Bigs department. We need to find a servicable big ASAP. I am really wishing we could have signed Kris Humphries in the offseason. I don't think he is all that great, but he is very solid and would definitely give us adequate depth at this juncture.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hell yes.....Spurs win, what a great game. Man, it reminded me of the slugfests back in the day between the two teams.....

11 in a row.....

unfortunately OKC, Dallas, and Chicago won. TY Rondo for getting suspended for both the Dallas and OKC games.....you sorry POS.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
What a game. Lots of physical play. Glad my spurs were able to pull it off with a win.

MC KAos

Reaction score
so glad we won!! i really dont see us winning more than 1 of the next 3 games. But then again i could have never imagined we would go even 7-2 on the rodeo road trip, which is the worst case scenario at this point!

Reaction score
MC KAos;4424166 said:
so glad we won!! i really dont see us winning more than 1 of the next 3 games. But then again i could have never imagined we would go even 7-2 on the rodeo road trip, which is the worst case scenario at this point!

Lol did you see the Blazers tonight? They suck. Denver is banged up. Spurs should win both and have a 13 game winning streak heading into the AS break.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I just really question SA having the ability to play well enough to go far in the postseason. Come playoff time Duncan will be 36, Ginobili will be 35 and Parker (whose strength is/was his incredible speed and who has had a major injury to three of his four limbs over the last four years) will be 30. Last year they go rundown and a fast, young, athletic team took advantage of that. I just don't think they'll get up and down the court with a team like OKC come May.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4424169 said:
I just really question SA having the ability to play well enough to go far in the postseason. Come playoff time Duncan will be 36, Ginobili will be 35 and Parker (whose strength is/was his incredible speed and who has had a major injury to three of his four limbs over the last four years) will be 30. Last year they go rundown and a fast, young, athletic team took advantage of that. I just don't think they'll get up and down the court with a team like OKC come May.

Ginobili will turn 35 when the playoffs are over, unless they're extended until almost August. Parker will just have turned 30 when the playoffs start.

After the Big 3, San Antonio has a good variety of age and experience.

juck

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4424169 said:
They are a solid team. I just dont see them coming out of the west. I dont know exactly why. They just dont scare me. Nobody does. Teams go on streaks then losing streaks,this season is wacky lockout ball.Spurs are peaking early too.Anyone could win the west this year. The East is the cHeats.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The thing about Parker is that he has really evolved his game since 07, he doesn't just rely on his speed anymore, his jumpshot is ages ahead of what it was before 07 and he is starting to be a better distributor, as indicated by his great assists numbers recently. Also, the peak for point guards seems to be 28-33, so I think his best years are still ahead of him.

As for Manu and TD, we don't need them to be their 05 versions, but if they aren't healthy we have no chance. And, contrary to popular belief, aside from those two the spurs are very young

MC KAos

Reaction score
And as far as peaking early is concerned, that might be a concern for most teams, but as far as the spurs are concerned, when they peak during the rodeo road trip, it usually carries over the rest of the year. I think that will continue to be true barring a catastrophic injury to TP or TD. Only time will tell, but I love how wide open the west is, and the fact that any playoff team will have a legitimate shot at winning the conference. The first two rounds in the east will be lame!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4424168 said:
Lol did you see the Blazers tonight? They suck. Denver is banged up. Spurs should win both and have a 13 game winning streak heading into the AS break.

The blazers ALWAYS play their best against us, and moreso in Portland. it's like they REALLY want supremacy of the small market sector of the NBA

MC KAos

Reaction score
MC KAos;4422355 said:

San Antonio Spurs @spurs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker will not play in tonight's game against Portland in order to rest.

BOOOMM!!! i love being right!! although it kind of sucks our winning streak is going to end this way :(

Reaction score
MC KAos;4425152 said:
San Antonio Spurs @spurs Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker will not play in tonight's game against Portland in order to rest.

BOOOMM!!! i love being right!! although it kind of sucks our winning streak is going to end this way :(

Lol why would you love being right about that? Anyways smart move by Pop to rest Parker and Duncan. I wish Brown would do the same with our older guys.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4425158 said:
Lol why would you love being right about that? Anyways smart move by Pop to rest Parker and Duncan. I wish Brown would do the same with our older guys.

mainly because pop is seriously (in the minds of a lot of spurs fans) a former CIA agent who use to spy on the Russians! (why the hell else would he know Russian ?) So its nice to be able to predict what he is going to do every once in a while. Although he has always been careful with older players (robert horry comes to mind) so its kind of predictable, plus he had said duncan wouldnt EVER play 3 games in 4 nights or 4 games in 5.