Go Spurs Go

Reaction score
Spurs were very impressive yesterday. They really matchup well with OKC. Parker can go toe to toe with Westbrook. They use team defense to slow down Durant. If Westbrook and Durant don't put up huge numbers they just don't have enough other options to win against quality teams. Harden has slowed down after a great start. If Gino gets back healthy they'll be tough to beat. Last time there was a lockout they won it all who knows could happen again. The West hasn't been so wide open in a long time.

MC KAos

Reaction score
alright! great to start the roadtrip with a W! now we have a tough game with the sixers b4 we get into the soft part of the roadtrip. hopefully we can get a win on wednesday!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4407840 said:
Spurs were very impressive yesterday. They really matchup well with OKC. Parker can go toe to toe with Westbrook. They use team defense to slow down Durant. If Westbrook and Durant don't put up huge numbers they just don't have enough other options to win against quality teams. Harden has slowed down after a great start. If Gino gets back healthy they'll be tough to beat. Last time there was a lockout they won it all who knows could happen again. The West hasn't been so wide open in a long time.

The first matchup was closer than the score. The Spurs were consistently behind, but only by 6-9 pts in the first half. It was the dreaded 3rd quarter meltdown that killed them in that game.

This time, they played a much better game from start to finish, except for that lapse midway in the 2nd half.....but you had to expect an explosive OKC team to make a run.

It was a very nice win, an important win.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
A nice little winning streak for the Spurs.....They let a few games get away so far this season, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Houston, and Dallas......but they have played pretty good ball all year long.

I am very pleased with the play of our younger players......and the postive thing is, we are winning without 2 key contributors (Manu and Ford)......and when they come back, we should get a huge boost and be that much more formidable.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i just read that Pop said Manu is actually already fully healed. he is just working on conditioning and re-strengthening his hand. he said he could be back as early as next week! i hope he doesnt rush back though, he should stay out the rest of the rodeo road trip.

Pop also said he would come off the bench when he returns until he is back to 100%

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4385915 said:
Bynum + fillers. Magic have no leverage at this point to ask for Gasol/Bynum because of the injury to Lopez which basically kills the Nets chances of getting him via trade. Bynum isn't Dwight, but he's the closest to him in the league today. Orlando would be fools not to take him.
Dwight isnt going to Lakers. One,U dont need him. Two ,he doesnt wanna be in Shaqs shadow. He is either going to Nets or Dallas. He loves Cuban and how he does anything for his team.So if he would happen to get traded to Lakers for Bynum and Gasol that makes u guys actually weaker and he probably wont resign there.Howard want to play with DWill.However taking off my Mav glasses If I was Howard Id go to Minnesota. They have a solid young team in need of a Center. Rubio,Love and D12 makes a wicked combo for many years.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
imagine if the Magic were unable to make a trade and Dwight became a FA in the offseason, decided he has made enough money, and took a cheap contract to play with the Heat......YIKES

Reaction score
juck;4411211 said:
Dwight isnt going to Lakers. One,U dont need him. Two ,he doesnt wanna be in Shaqs shadow. He is either going to Nets or Dallas. He loves Cuban and how he does anything for his team.So if he would happen to get traded to Lakers for Bynum and Gasol that makes u guys actually weaker and he probably wont resign there.Howard want to play with DWill.However taking off my Mav glasses If I was Howard Id go to Minnesota. They have a solid young team in need of a Center. Rubio,Love and D12 makes a wicked combo for many years.

Bro I made that post awhile ago I'm over Dwight. More than happy with who we have now.

MC KAos

Reaction score
nice win by the spurs tonight!! the team is really starting to play well, most importantly, timmy seems to be playing his best non prime ball ever! hopefully he keeps it up. luckily now we get into the easier part of the rodeo road trip before it gets tough again when we head back west. im now hoping we get to at least 5 wins in the rodeo road trip, preferably six. we already have two with 3 very winnable games coming up, i think its doable. of course, we will most likely lose at least 1 of these easy games.

in other news, manu tweeted this tonight!

Manu Ginobili @manuginobili Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Great W in PHI. The guys played great (TP awesome). NEWS: I may have a shot at playing in NJ! I gotta do good in practice on Fri.

man, i hope he is back soon!

GO SPURS GO!

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
MC KAos;4412163 said:
nice win by the spurs tonight!! the team is really starting to play well, most importantly, timmy seems to be playing his best non prime ball ever! hopefully he keeps it up. luckily now we get into the easier part of the rodeo road trip before it gets tough again when we head back west. im now hoping we get to at least 5 wins in the rodeo road trip, preferably six. we already have two with 3 very winnable games coming up, i think its doable. of course, we will most likely lose at least 1 of these easy games.

in other news, manu tweeted this tonight!

Manu Ginobili @manuginobili Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Great W in PHI. The guys played great (TP awesome). NEWS: I may have a shot at playing in NJ! I gotta do good in practice on Fri.

man, i hope he is back soon!

GO SPURS GO!

I am nothing short of amazed how well the team has played with Manu out of the line-up. It just goes to show how well the organization is run from top to bottom. The trade to grab Green? Man, half the town was half furious/half "oh yeah, it's Pop, he knows something". That panned out nicely.

One thing that really shines about Popovich is the record he has when we do the Rodeo Road Trip. He rallies the troops, and they respond.

Gotta give a shout out to Tony P as well. The guy has been phenomenal the last week to 10 days.

Beyond that, I've still got some concerns for our low post game. We'll do fine in the regular season, but come time for the playoffs I want to see our Bigs banging bodies for rebounds. It's not a particular thing I can put my finger on right now, but something seems, I don't know, tentative?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I would like to save Manu for the Western leg of the road trip. Play these next three games without Manu, bring him back for the Clippers game.

juck

Reaction score
Biggems;4412272 said:
I would like to save Manu for the Western leg of the road trip. Play these next three games without Manu, bring him back for the Clippers game.
Ur team is hot and peaking. Seems the usual lately for them. Peak early,then fizzle. But i will say right now,they are unbeatable, Right Now.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4412308 said:
Ur team is hot and peaking. Seems the usual lately for them. Peak early,then fizzle. But i will say right now,they are unbeatable, Right Now.

thats true, but usually thats because of injury, like last year when tim and manu got hurt late in the season. If TD and TP stay healthy and Manu doest get hurt again, i think we will be ok as long as Pop continues to manage their minutes. WE actually have a pretty young team asides from Manu and TD, so that has helped. Ive read where the team believes the Mavs game was a huge turning point for the bench. That comeback, while ultimately falling short, gave the young players a huge confidence boost and has been sort of a turning point for the team.

Reaction score
The Spurs problem last year was matchup problems. They just didn't matchup well with Memphis at all. Still it was a pretty close series as all the games with the exception of game 4 came down to the wire. With Randolph out they may not even make the playoffs so that obviously won't be a problem for the Spurs this season. They matchup well with OKC and Dallas. If Gino is healthy they have a great shot at winning the West.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4412776 said:
The Spurs problem last year was matchup problems. They just didn't matchup well with Memphis at all. Still it was a pretty close series as all the games with the exception of game 4 came down to the wire. With Randolph out they may not even make the playoffs so that obviously won't be a problem for the Spurs this season. They matchup well with OKC and Dallas. If Gino is healthy they have a great shot at winning the West.

no it was Manu breaking his arm just before the playoffs....and it was Tim getting hurt just before the playoffs. Even though the matchups were not in our favor, a healthy Manu and Tim, and I believe the Spurs win that series and give OKC a very tough go.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
juck;4412308 said:

they are not unbeatable....they have 9 losses on the year.....They are playing very well right now, and are a very tough game night in and night out, but they are not unbeatable.

one thing that I do like about this current run is the play of their defense. They are starting to get that Spurs-style defense....it isn't there yet, but you can see the building blocks of it. Splitter and Duncan are ruling the paint, while Leonard and Green are giving us the kind of perimeter defense we haven't seen since Bowen. I am not saying they are as good as Bowen, but they are doing a very good job of making jump shooters work.

Reaction score
Biggems;4413789 said:
no it was Manu breaking his arm just before the playoffs....and it was Tim getting hurt just before the playoffs. Even though the matchups were not in our favor, a healthy Manu and Tim, and I believe the Spurs win that series and give OKC a very tough go.

You can't really use the injury excuse because Gay was out as well. At least Manu and Tim were still playing albeit hurt. Injuries are a part of the game. Bottom line is the Spurs didn't matchup well with Memphis and it clearly showed. The playoffs are all about matchups. If Memphis is the 7th seed instead of the 8th seed they probably get taken out by us because they wouldn't have had a size advantage like they did over SA.

If SA avoided Memphis they probably would've won the West considering they historically have owned Dallas in the playoffs and they also as I mentioned matched up well with OKC.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4414167 said:
You can't really use the injury excuse because Gay was out as well. At least Manu and Tim were still playing albeit hurt. Injuries are a part of the game. Bottom line is the Spurs didn't matchup well with Memphis and it clearly showed. The playoffs are all about matchups. If Memphis is the 7th seed instead of the 8th seed they probably get taken out by us because they wouldn't have had a size advantage like they did over SA.

If SA avoided Memphis they probably would've won the West considering they historically have owned Dallas in the playoffs and they also as I mentioned matched up well with OKC.
SA have not "owned" Dallas Not at all in the playoffs
2001-Spurs win
2003-Spurs win
2006-Mavs win
2009-Mavs win
2010-Spurs win
3-2 in the last decade is not ownage.

Reaction score
juck;4414275 said:
SA have not "owned" Dallas Not at all in the playoffs
2001-Spurs win
2003-Spurs win
2006-Mavs win
2009-Mavs win
2010-Spurs win
3-2 in the last decade is not ownage.

Ok owned isn't the right word, but they've certainty gotten the better of Dallas.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4414167 said:

Yes I can. Manu was far more important to the Spurs than Gay was to the Grizzlies. Gay is a very good player, but Manu is the best all around player on the Spurs. The same cannot be said for Gay. He is their 2nd or 3rd best player. Randolph was by far their best player last season.