Go Spurs Go

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Not a Spurs fan, but I admire the way they run that team. Pop is the best coach in the league and I love the way he plans ahead like this.

Of course most coaches don't have the cred to be able to basically tank games in favor of the big picture.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Spurs finish the road trip with 8-1 record after the victory over Denver tonight.

After losing to Portland by 40, it was a nice bounce back win. Now, let's get Manu, Ford, and Splitter back post All-Star weekend and continue building momentum going into the playoffs.

GO SPURS GO

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Biggems;4427551 said:
Spurs finish the road trip with 8-1 record after the victory over Denver tonight.

After losing to Portland by 40, it was a nice bounce back win. Now, let's get Manu, Ford, and Splitter back post All-Star weekend and continue building momentum going into the playoffs.

GO SPURS GO

Won 12 of the last 13. Pop, as usual, got them focused for the Rodeo Road Trip in earnest. What was our road record before it started? 3-8 or something like that?

I really wonder how many teams could pull something like that off, year in and year out.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4427583 said:
Won 12 of the last 13. Pop, as usual, got them focused for the Rodeo Road Trip in earnest. What was our road record before it started? 3-8 or something like that?

I really wonder how many teams could pull something like that off, year in and year out.

It doesn't matter who Pop has on the roster, either. He continues to do the same thing no matter the talent. And not only that - with bottom of the draft talent every year, too. Other teams' castoffs.

MC KAos

Reaction score
going basically 8-0 on the rodeo road trip is awesome! I didnt watch the game (that part of living in DFW sucks!) but i read that kawhi leonard got hurt! freaking A thats 4 starters or early roation guys out once we get back from the all star break! i know its only minor injuries for the most part, but at some point we need everyone to stay healthy to build chemistry for the playoffs! hopefully once april comes around we can have everyone healthy and they stay that way!

MC KAos

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4427698 said:
I want no part of OKC or LAC when the playoffs come.

i would LOVE the clippers! we match up beautifully with them, they have no big advantages over us to speak of, Parker always plays great vs Paul and Griffin is just Amare 2.0, who the spurs just let go off as the rest of the suns(and in this case, clippers) get destroyed. i think that would be the easiest opponent in the west for us to be honest, we just match up with them well.

in fact, i would be ecstatic if the standings held as of today, we would avoid dallas, lal and okc entirely until the conference finals, meaning we would only have to beat one of them to potentially get into the finals. Portland would be the 8th seed and they are pretty good too. We would get the grizzlies in the first round and im confident we would curb stomp them this time around! the only teams that i think could beat the spurs, if healthy, are the lakers, mavs or thunder.

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4427698 said:
I want no part of OKC or LAC when the playoffs come.

Spurs would beat both those teams. I would love to see a Lakers/Spurs WCF for a few reasons. Main reason is I basically live in San Antonio and would definitely go to some of the games. Another one is there is a huge family rivalry. I'm pretty much the only Lakers fan in my family while everyone else hates the Lakers. Also it's one of the best rivalries in the sports. Since 1999 both teams have met each other 6 times, both teams have won 9 of the 13 championships in that time frame. I'm not gonna predict who'll win because I have no idea, but all I know is it would be another classic Spurs/Lakers series. If it did happen all I ask is both teams are healthy.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
MC KAos;4427699 said:
going basically 8-0 on the rodeo road trip is awesome! I didnt watch the game (that part of living in DFW sucks!) but i read that kawhi leonard got hurt! freaking A thats 4 starters or early roation guys out once we get back from the all star break! i know its only minor injuries for the most part, but at some point we need everyone to stay healthy to build chemistry for the playoffs! hopefully once april comes around we can have everyone healthy and they stay that way!

Calf strain. It really couldn't come at a better time with the All-Star break coming up.

juck

Reaction score
I hope the Spares lose to Memphis again in round 1 lol.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
juck;4428087 said:

Spares? really? that is the best you can do Juck.....spares, spuds, sperms, sterns, spurns, etc...heard em all....please bring something fresh to the table.

GO SPURS GO

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
juck;4428087 said:

BTW, we own Memphis this year. Also, they won the series last year, but they didn't dominate us. 3-4 of those games came down to the very end. The Spurs had a 4-5 pt lead late in game one, but lost. Memphis had to play almost perfect ball for 6 games to beat us, and they did.

So bring on Memphis. Bring on anyone you want to throw at us. We will take em all on.......the Spurs fear no one. We may not win every series, but we will sure as hell make you know you were in a dogfight for 4-7 games.

If the Spurs roll into the playoffs with a healthy roster, and the roster remains healthy throughout, it will be the Spurs in the Finals.....I honestly believe it.

Duncan is playing as if he has found the fountain of youth. Parker is playing like a MVP candidate. Blair is playing solid. Splitter and Green have improved tremendously. Bonner has played very well. Jefferson has shown to have learned the system and is contributing even when not scoring. Leonard is all over the place on both ends. Ford is a very good veteran PG. Neal is lights out in the clutch. and finally, Manu is Manu.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4428087 said:

sorry buddy, us losing in the first round is an aberration, kind of like the mavs not chocking or playing a team that chokes harder than them.

juck

Reaction score
Biggems;4428121 said:
BTW, we own Memphis this year. Also, they won the series last year, but they didn't dominate us. 3-4 of those games came down to the very end. The Spurs had a 4-5 pt lead late in game one, but lost. Memphis had to play almost perfect ball for 6 games to beat us, and they did.

So bring on Memphis. Bring on anyone you want to throw at us. We will take em all on.......the Spurs fear no one. We may not win every series, but we will sure as hell make you know you were in a dogfight for 4-7 games.

If the Spurs roll into the playoffs with a healthy roster, and the roster remains healthy throughout, it will be the Spurs in the Finals.....I honestly believe it.

Duncan is playing as if he has found the fountain of youth. Parker is playing like a MVP candidate. Blair is playing solid. Splitter and Green have improved tremendously. Bonner has played very well. Jefferson has shown to have learned the system and is contributing even when not scoring. Leonard is all over the place on both ends. Ford is a very good veteran PG. Neal is lights out in the clutch. and finally, Manu is Manu.

Werent they the number one seed last year too? lol

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
juck;4428279 said:
Werent they the number one seed last year too? lol

Kinda like Dallas in 2007? Whooops. Not to worry, San Antonio maintained Texas Pride for the duration of those playoffs.

88HCD00Z.jpg

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Biggems;4428112 said:
Spares? really? that is the best you can do Juck.....spares, spuds, sperms, sterns, spurns, etc...heard em all....please bring something fresh to the table.

GO SPURS GO

He's one of those guys that thinks names like that are funny.

They aren't.

juck

Reaction score
casmith07;4428795 said:
He's one of those guys that thinks names like that are funny.

They aren't.
Ur one of those guys who think they know it all. You dont.