Golden Tate - 4.36 Jordan Shipley - 4.57

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3290485 said:
I'm just wondering how funny it would of been and how long that poster would of lasted if he made the same comment about Maurice Clarett and referenced his skin color?

I'm not going to get over it. I dont need to get over it and I'm going to defend my stance until something is done about it one way or another.

He wouldn't last long because that comment would probably be used to stereotype all Black people negatively. This one is harmless as it isn't being used to put down anyone, except of course Jordan Shipley.

And how do you know he's just not tired of all the Wes Welker comparisons because both happen to be White, and both are projected as slot receivers?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290488 said:
He wouldn't last long because that comment would probably be used to stereotype all Black people negatively. This one is harmless as it isn't being used to put down anyone, except of course Jordan Shipley.

You just exemplified the terms ignorance and hypocritical.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3290489 said:
You just exemplified the terms ignorance and hypocritical.

Pointing out that the guy is in fact White is ignorance? No, ignorance would be to say that he ran a slow 40 because he is White. Which isn't true, because I happen to think that another White guy, Riley Cooper, is pretty fast.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
Dash28;3290138 said:
Is this hate for Texas or do you really think that Shipley is a scrub?

Obviously he had a very productive college career but I see him as nothing more than scrub on the pro level....

There's no UT hate, I hope we can snag Earl Thomas if he lasts long enough.

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290490 said:
Pointing out that the guy is in fact White is ignorance?

Pointing out the fact Maurice Clarett is black would be better?

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290494 said:
No, saying that Clarett got into trouble because he's Black would be worse.

But you can make the correlation to Lawrence Phillips and it would all be ok to mention his skin color?

You starting to see a pattern yet or do you want to continue to ignore the obvious?

Silverstar

Reaction score
After watching Tate today, he did nothing to drop out of the top 20. He had a good 40 time and showed plenty of agility in the drills. Add in the fact, that he played under Weis's pro offense and he's definitely gone before we pick....bank it.

BTW, the gauntlet is the dumbest drill and has nothing to do with the route tree, agility, separation speed or much else....just D-U-M-B!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3290497 said:
But you can make the correlation to Lawrence Phillips and it would all be ok to mention his skin color?

You starting to see a pattern yet or do you want to continue to ignore the obvious?

WHAT?? What kind of trouble one person gets into has nothing to do with their skin color.

I don't know how we got from distinguishing that Jordan Shipley is White to Black athletes getting into trouble with the law. There is no correlation, you are just reaching to justify your sense of self-righteousness.

Woods

Reaction score
Silverstar;3290499 said:
After watching Tate today, he did nothing to drop out of the top 20. He had a good 40 time and showed plenty of agility in the drills. Add in the fact, that he played under Weis's pro offense and he's definitely gone before we pick....bank it.

BTW, the gauntlet is the dumbest drill and has nothing to do with the route tree, agility, separation speed or much else....just D-U-M-B!

You could spend a top 20 for Tate or you could get a very good WR in the 3rd . . . . Ford, etc. I'm just not sure spending a Round 1 pick for Tate leaves you that much better off.

Of course, just my opinion . . . .

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Silverstar;3290499 said:

I think it tests concentration and focus.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290501 said:
WHAT?? What kind of trouble one person gets into has nothing to do with their skin color.

I don't know how we got from distinguishing that Jordan Shipley is White to Black athletes getting into trouble with the law. There is no correlation, you are just reaching to justify your sense of self-righteousness.

Do you understand that you can't sit there and define what a "white voice" is. And you can't say that it is harmless because it's a "white" voice. It is just as degrading if you said it was a brown, purple, yellow, red, etc, etc. voice.

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290501 said:

WHAT?? What kind of WR one person is has nothing to with their skin color.

Thank you for ending this argument.

Your the one drawing the correlation of skin color and getting trouble. You stated it was a "joke" because of the comparisons to Wes Welker and he is white. I simply point out the correlation of Phillips and Clarett and their troubles and skin color. Same type of comparison. The bottom line is you are trying to pigeon hole athletes because of their skin color.

When someone mentions Wes Welker you can either think of the player and the person or you can think of their skin color. What ever you chose is how you can be labeled. That's up to you.

Beyond the football arguments I never have an issue with you as person or a poster but I'm learning what your true self is and to be honest it's done nothing but allow me to determine how to approach you in the future.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Woods;3290503 said:
You could spend a top 20 for Tate or you could get a very good WR in the 3rd . . . . Ford, etc. I'm just not sure spending a Round 1 pick for Tate leaves you that much better off.

Of course, just my opinion . . . .

I don't think we need to draft another WR, let's solidify the o-line and the secondary and we'll be set for the next few years. Not one WR caught my eye during the drills either, nothing special or spectacular that would make me use an early round pick.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3290511 said:
WHAT?? What kind of WR one person is has nothing to with their skin color.

Yeah, but I never determined anything about Shipley because of his skin color.

SDogo said:
Thank you ending this argument.

Your the one drawing the correlation of skin color and getting trouble.

Uh, maybe because Clarett and Phillips did get into trouble?? You brought that up, not me.

SDogo said:
You stated it was a "joke" because of the comparisons to Wes Welker and he is white. I simply point out the correlation of Phillips and Clarett and their troubles and skin color. Same type of comparison. The bottom line is you are trying to pigeon hole athletes because of their skin color.

Really? I said Shipley was _____ because he's White?

Oh, that's right, I didn't say anything about Shipley being White, other than he's....WHITE

SDogo said:
When someone mentions Wes Welker you can either think of the player and the person or you can think of their skin color. What ever you chose is how you can be labeled. That's up to you.

I never made the comparison.

SDogo said:
Beyond the football arguments I never have an issue with you as person or a poster but I'm learning what your true self is and to be honest it's done nothing but allow me to determine how to approach you in the future.

That's funny, because you're the guy who feels the need to match racial stereotypes with others. Hence your "Book of Ebonics" quip. BTW there's no such thing.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Silverstar;3290499 said:

It shows whether they catch the ball with their hands or body. It can also show how fluid they are making the catch.

Silverstar

Reaction score
TheCount;3290504 said:
I think it tests concentration and focus.

Really?

Cuz, I thought it tested how to catch a football and throw it away, then catch another one as quick as possible from opposite directions, while running in a straight line.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cut it out guys.

Let's get back to making fun of Shipley for being white, I mean slow.

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3290521 said:
Yeah, but I never determined anything about Shipley because of his skin color.

Uh, maybe because Clarett and Phillips did get into trouble?? You brought that up, not me.

Really? I said Shipley was _____ because he's White?

Oh, that's right, I didn't say anything about Shipley being White, other than he's....WHITE

So you don't think Shipley is receiving the Welker comparisons because he's a shifty, White receiver, who will probably be relegated to the slot?

That's funny, because you're the guy who feels the need to match racial stereotypes with others. Hence you're "Book of Ebonics" quip. BTW there's no such thing.

Spew what you want Bob, deep down even you know the reference to his skin color is not right and ironically you only use it when referring to his speed.

Were not idiots. Your easier to read then a Pre-K school book.

I'm done with this topic in this thread.

There is nothing left to argue.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Silverstar;3290527 said:
Really?

Cuz, I thought it tested how to catch a football and throw it away, then catch another one as quick as possible from opposite directions, while running in a straight line.

One fault receivers have is to look away before securing the football. That's largely why TO has all those drops, and that's where many of Miles Austin's drops come from too. Trying to get upfield before securing the football.

So not totally useless.