Good bye Cowboys and NFL as a whole

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Honorable man, it was bigger than who was president at the time even though we were lied to by George Bush he still went and fought the fight on those lies and died behind those lies.

I agree.

But I believe that Pat would have likely stood at address.

After 9/11 there were Cardinals players that all voted to sit out the game and Pat was the one that refused to sit the game out and put it in no uncertain terms how much BS they thought it was to sit out the game.

From having studied Pat and his own family, if he had survived the shooting I think he would have been extremely upset with the military in their attempts to cover up what happened and spin it. He was very aware that if he died in combat that the Army would try to use his death to promote the war and he even snuck out a copy of a document he signed stating he did not want a military funeral and gave it to his wife. Later, the Army tried to convince his wife that he did want a military funeral.

But on the other hand, he was certainly patriotic and refused to confine himself to any group. Despite being an atheist, he eagerly studied religion such as the Old and New Testament, the Koran, etc.

And I don't think he would have labeled himself as a liberal even though he was more apt to vote for a Democrat than he would a Republican. However, I highly doubt he would have voted for Hillary.

From what I have studied about Pat Tillman he prided himself on critical thought, particularly lengthy introspective analysis. He prided not confining himself to a particular group because it would inevitably compromise his integrity which he valued as much as anything in his life.

This entire protest started with 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' which was a blatant lie proven by hardcore scientific evidence as well as eyewitness accounts. While I fully believe that Pat would believe in the right to protest, I have a difficult time believing with any degree of confidence that he would protest based on a lie. And if he felt that there was a protest worthy in law enforcement, he would have likely found better ways to protest and most likely not protested at all and opt to go on police rides with officers to better understand the other side's perspective which is what he did by studying religion for all of those years despite being an atheist.

YR

TWOK11

Reaction score
The protests are stupid, nonsensical and far more about attention than any plight facing black Americans.

But you know what I'm beginning to think is even worse? The grown men melting into giant puddles over what other grown men do during the national anthem. It's a sad, embarrassing display not fit for anyone outside the seven year old and younger crowd.

People need to sack up and find more important things to worry about.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The protests are stupid, nonsensical and far more about attention than any plight facing black Americans.

But you know what I'm beginning to think is even worse? The grown men melting into giant puddles over what other grown men do during the national anthem. It's a sad, embarrassing display not fit for anyone outside the seven year old and younger crowd.

People need to sack up and find more important things to worry about.

Agree with everything except for the idea that the protests are stupid and nonsensical. If people feel the need to protest, they shouldn't be guilted into compliance under the guise of their protest being, "disrespectful". Nor should they be confronted with a dozen different whataboutisms

If we lived in world 100% absent of disrespect, would there be anything to protest in the first place? People exercising their rights should result in those who disagree getting all butthurt about it.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
His wife believes that he would have supported the protests. Not that he would have been the first one to protest or even joined in the protest at all.
YR

Chomsky was on of his favorite authors whom he tried to meet with. He thought the war in Iraq was illegal. He disdained Bush.

The Military used him and his death for propaganda.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Why are we trying to interpret and project what the late Pat Tillman would have done?

TWOK11

Reaction score
Agree with everything except for the idea that the protests are stupid and nonsensical. If people feel the need to protest, they shouldn't be guilted into compliance under the guise of their protest being, "disrespectful". Nor should they be confronted with a dozen different whataboutisms

If we lived in world 100% absent of disrespect, would there be anything to protest in the first place? People exercising their rights should result in those who disagree getting all butthurt about it.

The protests are stupid because the cause they are protesting is largely a lie. Statistically, there isn't an epidemic of black men being killed by police. Moreover, among criminals blacks are LESS likely to be killed than whites.

It's all based on a false narrative

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Chomsky was on of his favorite authors whom he tried to meet with. He thought the war in Iraq was illegal. He disdained Bush.

The Military used him and his death for propaganda.

Yes, and he still fought in the war. He had the chance to get an early exit, but decided to stay.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous to use veterans to prop a stance on the anthem protests. As Pat Tillman tried to make clear...his service and life was no more important than the others that had served.

So there's nothing that should make his opinion...whatever that would have been...more important than another soldier or veteran that had an opposing opinion.

That’s one of the major issues here…the pressure from one side of people to act like it’s not okay to be angry and disgusted at the anthem protesters. And the idea that Trump’s remarks are divisive, yet the actions of the players protesting the anthem is somehow not divisive.

It's narcissism at its worst.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Oh my god. So much grandstanding, on both sides. Completely unrelated to what football and the league is all about. It's a massive distraction, and all this is doing is spreading divisiveness where none needs to exist.

It's football, not politics, and not a platform for social expression. If both sides take turns trying to agitate the other, it ends up a giant distracting cycle that accomplishes nothing.

Yes, the social issues are important to everybody. There's injustice in the world and it's important to recognize it and to fight it.

And yes, people should be proud of their freedoms and their culture and they should resent what they see as attacks on them.

The rest is football. It's supposed to be fun. It's entertainment. Don't ruin that because people can't separate it from the more important areas of their lives. Just enjoy the games and the talent and ability of the players and coaches. And, please stop acting like it's life or death.

There are more important things going on outside this weekend's games, and they deserve sympathy and attention in their own right. There are platforms for helping instead of simply expressing frustration on the internet or looking for something to be upset about. It's not about kneeling. Kneeling accomplishes nothing. If you're really upset, make an actual contribution to the worthy cause of your choice. Do it now. Don't wait. And then don't come and tell us all about it. Just do some good, and then let's get back to football just being a game and not a mirror to two or three competing versions of what people want society to be. Please. Just give it a rest.
I am so proud that you are a member here, Idgit.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's been a long time coming but you finally lost me as a fan.

The SJW fit you threw was the last straw. A fake controversy dreamed up out of thin air based on media overreaction every time a criminal that happens to have a certain skin color finds the end result of fighting with cops.

Hands up don't shoot controversy based on a lie. Feeding into the rehashed communist strategy of dividing based on race and class.

It's bad enough watching college students ranting and raving about how bad they have it and every one else is privileged when they are literally the most privileged people that have ever lived. Most of them going to college for free and having never worked a day in their lives calling the hard working taxpayers that pay their bills privileged. Many of the people paying the bills couldn't afford to go to college themselves but they are supposedly the privileged ones.

So now multi millionaire athletes feel so put down that they have to make a spectacle out of the start of every game.

Wear your pink shoes, and spit on the anthem and ***** and moan about how bad the country is all you want but I won't be watching and I will never be back.

Take a knee Jerry. Remember when the NFL refused to allow you to honor the 5 dead policemen? Remember when they refused to allow Jake Plummer to wear a small sticker on the back of his helmet to honor Pat Tillman? Remember when players were fined for wearing Patriotic shoes on the anniversary of 9-11? This is the issue you want to bend the rules and allow every game to be hijacked by a protest in front of a captive audience? An issue based on lies!

I have always based on my opinion of others on their actions and character and I know there are a ton of good people in the NFL but the organization collectively has taken a side in the culture war and it will never gain me back as a fan.

I've never understood the purpose of the "Goodbye, cruel world" post, other than seeking attention. I'm sorry that people exercising freedom of expression in ways you don't agree with has caused you to abandon the sport altogether, but you have every right to make that choice. I hope you don't regret it. Peace.