Good News/Bad News- Bruce Carter to be activated on Sunday

Randy White

Reaction score
bbgun;4202619 said:
You're kinda making my point. All three of those players were kept on the roster long after they outlived their usefulness. Moreover, all three would have been expensive to cut cap-wise. .

There was no cap last year so that was NOT the reason for keeping them on the roster.

THE biggest reason for keeping them on the roster is simple: Jerrah doesn't invest millions and millions and millions of dollars on something and won't give it every chance to get a return.

Would YOU ( or anybody else in here for that matter ) be willing to invest over 50 million dollars in something and then cut ties with it a couple of years later ?

In retrospect, all of those players ( RW31 notwithstanding obviously ) should have been cut last season, which was something that I was proposing as well since there was no cap, but Jerrah chose NOT to do so. Perhaps it was because of sense of loyalty, perhaps it was because of a business decision ( see above question ), or perhaps it was a way that the front office used to evaluated them for a possibility of bringing them back this year, ie: " let's see how they react under adversed circumstances before we cut them ".

I don't see how this front office can justify cutting Holley and keeping Buhler for ANY reason ( other than any off the field issues that we don't know about ). It does not make any sense whatsoever.

Randy White

Reaction score
5Stars;4202626 said:
Buehler is an asset right now. Good kickers are hard to find and the Cowboys have two of them. If some kicker goes down on another team during the season? He could be valuable to the team(s).

;)

That'd be great if the NFL had an August waiver wire trade dateline like MLB does. Unfortunately, the trade dateline has expired and it doesn't open again until February, I think..:D

links18

Reaction score
Why can't they just teach McBriar to kick-off? I am sure he could learn how to do it if he tried.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Holley is a JAG. I don't get what all the fuss is about.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dmq;4202767 said:
Holley is a JAG. I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Many believe that Holley is a JAG that contributes on special teams and adds value as a backup and that Beuhler is a JAG that contributes nothing.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
There is no way on Earth Holley is cut instead of DB.

If this does happen, then Stephen needs to lock Jerry up in the sanitarium.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Why not just have Beuhler cover kicks? He is athletic enough. Let Bailey kick off, and Buehler be another guy running down the field. The guy is probably the most athletic kicker in the league. He isn't just some twig that shies away from contact.

links18

Reaction score
jswalker1981;4202799 said:
Why not just have Beuhler cover kicks? He is athletic enough. Let Bailey kick off, and Buehler be another guy running down the field. The guy is probably the most athletic kicker in the league. He isn't just some twig that shies away from contact.

So, cut a guy who can actually catch the ball as a WR for a guy who is a kicker, but who doesn't kick FGs or kick-offs, but covers kicks? I am really confused. :confused:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
iceberg;4202779 said:
you've not seen the fairy taco's i've seen...

Taco.png

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If Jerry wanted to keep Buehler then just cut Choice for crying out loud. I can see Jerry not wanting to change the kicking scenario at all because it is finally working out. Even if Buehler's impact is only based on keeping Bailey sharp competition wise.

But is Jerry worried one of the rookie backs is going to fumble the ball more? Geez, Choice's last 10 carries are probably the worst sequence of last 10 carries in the NFL and it's probably going to stay that way by season's end.

We keeping Choice who doesn't even play ST's because he's a better blocker?

It doesn't make sense to cut a guy who plays very good ST's, has good character and has come up with a game winning play the 1 series he was called upon.

dools

Reaction score
I have a buddy who works for the organization and he told me we probably would not cut Buehler because he is still injured and if we cut him we would still have to pay him for 6 or 8 weeks. He said we would most likely cut Holley but its not for sure.

wconn1979

Reaction score
Yea I was thinking that he wouldnt cut Buehler until he was healthy again. I dont want to see Holley cut though. I would rather they go ahead and let Fumblitis walk.

Eskimo

Reaction score
MartinRamone;4203029 said:
I would rather cut Choice or Ogletree.

The problem with cutting Ogletree is Robinson is a FA at the end of the season. So we would be down to only 2 WRs with gameday experience if Robinson signs elsewhere. I'm not going to count Holley as a WR because he is basically a ST player who can play WR in a pinch.

My guess is they don't think all that highly of Harris since they exposed him to wiavers to get him on the PS.

I think the two guys who should be cut are Buehler (injury settlement or not) and Choice because they contribute so little to the team presently and are probably not part of our future.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The only thing that really makes sense to me is that now, both Dockery and Holland are available...so cut the extra and tryout guard on the roster still.