Goodbye, Terry Glenn. Hello, Amendola.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173254 said:
I'm not sure what part you'd like me to "back up" again but if you tell me I'll be more than happy to explain.

But the truth is he will probably make some plays in the preseason (against scrubs) which will be the first time many of you have ever laid eyes on him and drumbeat to put him on the 53 man roster will continue.

Even though most had him making the team after OTAs.

Seriously, isn't this what the preseason is for? He surely isn't going to be in there with the first unit. But if he is making plays against the competition he is up against, then he is doing his job, and that is good news. It is what the coaches look for and is what all roster hopefuls must do to prove they belong. There isn't anything wrong with rooting for a guy who makes plays to make the roster.

Every roster hopeful will not make the roster. Some people were high on Urban last season. I honestly wasn't impressed and didn't see where the hype was coming from, but hey, if he is making plays then I'll root for him to make it. It's better than having a bunch of goons getting owned by the other teams 3rd stingers.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
PosterChild;2173292 said:
This isn't about Amendola's abilities or really his NFL prospects with him. It's about his objection to our perceptions or judgment. It bothers him that he knows so much more than we do and that we just don't realize it. He presumes that no one has actually seen DA play football--of course, only 5c...5 has done so. Yeah, sure.

That's okay, come final cut down day we'll see who his daddy is.

:laugh2:

LOL

Some of you here are incapable of understanding skepticism about this year's media sensation. None of you want him to make the team more than I do, it's just I have doubts based on what I have seen.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
tunahelper;2172773 said:
Listen, Moxie wearing lipstick, chill!You made the connection and I dont get how a guy who is 6th at best on the depth chart can be brought up in the same sentence as Glenn.

Time will tell, so go to the powder room and freshen up.

Time will tell... but I'm still moxie wearing lipstick.

That'd be a brilliant statement if it wasn't stupid.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2172842 said:
Seeing as how Glenn was not a significant contributer to our team on last season, I don't see it as Amendola "replacing" Glenn. People need to realize that Glenn has been gone for over a year now. What Amendola is doing is adding another dimension to our team that we did not havelast season.

With Owens as the clear #1 receiver and Crayton filling the #2 spot, we didn't have anyone capable of playing the slot. Hurd filled in, but he is more of a possession receiver. Austin also filled in, but his problem was catching the ball. His physique and speed makes him more of a #2 when he finally comes into his own. Stanback has the prototypical build of a #1 receiver.

Amendola is perfect for the slot and I think he makes the team and contributes immediately. He is not replacing anyone; he is adding something we did not have.

At least someone scores high in the comprehension area. As for Tunahelper, well, he can help himself to another can of tuna. :laugh2:

PosterChild

Reaction score
5Countem5;2173304 said:
LOL

Some of you here are incapable of understanding skepticism about this year's media sensation. None of you want him to make the team more than I do, it's just I have doubts based on what I have seen.

I just hope you hang round till early Sept. Then we'll talk.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
PosterChild;2173311 said:
I just hope you hang round till early Sept. Then we'll talk.

So, in your mind, that if Danny makes the team it is somehow an indictment of me?

Hhahahahahahahahaha

You can't be this lame....

speedkilz88

Reaction score
5Countem5;2173304 said:
LOL

Dude, your favorite thread topic by far has been ones about Amendola and you definitely haven't been for his making the team.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173319 said:
Dude, your favorite thread topic by far has been ones about Amendola and you definitely haven't been for his making the team.

I guess you missed the 75 times I posted I wanted him to make the team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Countem5;2172707 said:
Welker wasn't drafted....

5Countem5;2172803 said:
I'd love to see Danny A make the team

BUT

Amendola ain't Welker and ain't gonna be Welker

AND

Terry Glenn is WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than Amendola

5Countem5;2172849 said:
What is such confidence based on?

5Countem5;2172892 said:
Of course I was referring to a healthy Terry Glenn not a crippled one.

You say he adds a dimension. Have you seen this yourself or is it based on just reports from camp?

5Countem5;2173224 said:
He will make some plays against 3rd stringers and the Amendola Legend will continue to grow....

5Countem5;2173254 said:
I'm not sure what part you'd like me to "back up" again but if you tell me I'll be more than happy to explain.

But the truth is he will probably make some plays in the preseason (against scrubs) which will be the first time many of you have ever laid eyes on him and drumbeat to put him on the 53 man roster will continue.

Even though most had him making the team after OTAs.

5Countem5;2173275 said:
LOL

Unreal...

Who said it perturbed me? Is there a link where I was rooting against Danny? I want him to make the team more than anyone but am very skeptical.

5Countem5;2173294 said:
And your hostility is quite disconcerting. You're not Mrs. Amendola are you?

But I'll play along you mouthy little gnat, show me where I used some sort of "fabrication, fallacy, or outright lie ". Let's make this easier, show me where I lied. I'll be here waiting.

5Countem5;2173304 said:
LOL

5Countem5;2173315 said:
So, in your mind, that if Danny makes the team it is somehow an indictment of me?

Hhahahahahahahahaha

You can't be this lame....
So, in your own educated opinion, does Amendola make the roster or not? Yes or no?

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2173328 said:
I guess you missed the 75 times I posted I wanted him to make the team.

75? I see why you're having problems getting on board with this. You don't even know how to count. . . .

http://img229.*************/img229/1530/snapshot20080803170647fx6.png

;)

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;2173345 said:
75? I see why you're having problems getting on board with this. You don't even know how to count. . . .

http://img229.*************/img229/1530/snapshot20080803170647fx6.png

;)

Well, ummmmmmm, I posted it 2 or 3 times in some posts....:D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Countem5;2173333 said:
Practice squad- hopefully.
He would be snatched off the practice squad by another team, so that would be a 'no'.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Mansta54;2173212 said:
Ahh, NO, he hasn't.....:laugh2:

If you want to bash him then do it. Seems a lot like being a bully to me though. If that's your thing feel free to do it. Not my board. I'm just a visitor, too.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2173247 said:
Evan Oglesby(ufa), Alan Ball(7th round pick), Dowain Davis(ufa), Justin Rogers(NE 6th round pick, waiver pickup), Erik Walden(7th round pick), Richard Bartel(ufa), or Jeff Terrell(ufa) are not potential starting safeties, CBs, linebackers, or qbs. They are all bottom of the roster guys who will make or not make the squad due to some upside to fill a role, whether it be offense, defense, or special teams. Some of which even if they do make the team will have to be inactive for the year so it makes sense to go with the guys with the most upside at a position.

Oh, I agree with you. They will have to make some tough calls at the bottom of this roster. Most of the guys you mentioned will be caught in the numbers crunch obviously. All those decisions are interconnected. I don't see Bartel or Terrell being in that equation but that's not the point.

Do you keep an unknown quanity like Amendola as a 6th WR who is likely to not see the field so you don't risk loosing him on waivers or do you keep an extra OLB like Walden, an extra CB like Ball, or an extra safety like Davis?

I'd rather have an extra OLB who can run down the field on KOs and perhaps work into a starting quality OLB.

But again if Amendola can contribute this year at something then he has a chance to stick. Or they'll be forced to get him on the field if he's that good.

We'll see. It's just not a matter of oh this kid can be something we don't have whatever they think that may be so let's keep him no matter what. I'm pulling for him to be special enough to stick but that doesn't mean I don't think about the others and what they might mean to the team.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
One thing I noticed from the highlight reel was the Danny has very good vision and some wiggle and change of direction ability during runbacks and runs after catches.